A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,180
Currently Running With Scissors:
562 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christ-Centered Christmas Swap Gallery  (Read 11973 times)
Tags for this thread: christmas  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

eye_on_sparrow
« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2009 06:25:48 PM »

Lookie what I got!!!  I received my fabulous package today from KLKing it was on my doorstep when I got home from work.  This is what I saw when I opened up the box.  Everything was wrapped uo so pretty and she even decorated the outside of the box.
Look at this lovely Banner.  Isn't this the most beautiful thing.  I put it up on my door right away.  I may take it down tomorrow and take it to work to show my co-worker.  I want everyone to see this.

And then she sent me a wonderful windsock.  Karen let me pick this out myself.  Isn't this pretty.

She crafted the prettiest ornaments out of window blinds.  And this lovely handcrafted card and envelope.  And all these wonderful wooden spools of thread.  She made this extra special by including a note about the people who owned these spools,  I love collecting old sewing stuff and wooden spools are one of my favorites.

Next up are the delicious cookies her mom whipped up for me.  There are three different kinds and I tried one of each imediately upon opening.  All are as tasty as can be.  And how cool is this I got a basket of tangerines right off the tree in her yard.  I love how nicely she put together the gift basket for me.  I didn't want to take it apart yet but it looks like there are some cute cookie cutters in ther too.  Cookie cutters are another thing I like to collect.
This is a fabulous package I love everything KLKing was a great partner and organizer.  Thanks so much.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009 07:10:53 PM by eye_on_sparrow » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria
« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2009 06:34:23 PM »

I received from Malbert!  Smiley I'll see if I can get decent pictures tomorrow (weather's been rather overcast, it being winter and all).  I'm feeling guilty, as I didn't get a chance to wrap my stuff before I sent it (though I did put it in a plastic bag to ward off any rain/snow seepage). I hope the crafting makes up for the lack of presentation.   Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
eye_on_sparrow
« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2009 07:14:49 PM »

Those beaded things are really pretty I love the tree pendant.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: December 09, 2009 07:18:18 PM »

Oh, eye_on_sparrow, that hanging is gorgeous, as is the wind sock!  And your other goodies are so much fun, too - I love the spools with the stories behind them!  And yuuuum - cookies and home grown tangerines!  How awesome.

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vote now for the New-To-You Recipe Cooking Challenge!
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: December 09, 2009 08:32:39 PM »

It's so fun to see my work on display! We had to pick the whole tree of tangerines at once, because people were trying to steal them! Isn't my Mom great? She actually picked out the tin and basket for the package. The cookies I made were the Butter Spritz. Mom made the others. She's a Semi-Pro baker. ( Meaning she does it part-time) I got the cookie cutters at ABC Cakes, here in Phoenix. They are a store that caters to the baking tradespeople. It was really hard not to put candy molds and colored chocolate in that box, but, the budget dis-allowed it! LOL!
 I'm so glad you love everything, eye_on_the_sparrow! It was a lot of fun crafting for you!
 I bet my package will be here tomorrow. I can't wait!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MsMia

Christmas, Fall, and Winter Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: December 10, 2009 08:53:44 AM »

Such awesome gifts ladies I am blown away by everyone's creativity and adaptation of Christ Centered Christmas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Muria
« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2009 09:46:11 AM »

You did an awesome job, Karen! You guys must have gone for one of the larger options because I can't imagine fitting all of that in a flat rate medium box (or even two of them). 

As I said, I received yesterday, and it was actually sunny today, so I took a picture of what I received. My camera has a fixed focal length however, so I can't get any detail shots.  Here's the group shot (with a few things that didn't manage to make it into the picture):

As you can see, I got two studies to help motivate me to read my Bible, plus some really pretty yarn to motivate me to... um... just to motivate me.  Grin  Malbert also made two really cute ornaments for my Christmas tree, a star on a blue background, and a button manger on a beige background.  I also included the cool sparkly tissue paper she wrapped everything in.   Thanks Malbert! It's a really cool and thoughtful package!

And, since I was uploading pictures anyway, I made a teaser:

The tracking information was last updated yesterday in the wee hours of the morning, so I don't know if it's still in the state, or finally heading your way.  I do hope you like it though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: December 10, 2009 12:08:05 PM »

Thanks, Muria!  That teaser looks very interesting! There's no way I could figure out what it is !?
 And thank You also, Malbert for participating, and sending out some cool stuff! I'd sure like to see what Muria does with that yarn!
 In answer to the size question... I kind of pushed it a bit. I had to roll the banner on a tube, and it needed more length than the post office boxes had. So, I just cut down a box I had to size. That lended itself to needing more stuff to fill it, and Mom showed up with the perfect size and shape of a basket for fruit. Plus, That tin couldn't have been a better fit tucked in the corner! The other option was to fold the banner with ugly creases. Not an Option! LOL! If you all want to see my windsock collection, you can check out my MYSPACE link. I love giving these things away! They make people happy!There's a folder full of them. I had eye_on_the_sparrow pick one, and I made it up. It was just an extra.
  Now, I'm counting the hours till the mail comes today... that won't be till the end of the route.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2009 12:10:13 PM by KLKing » THIS ROCKS   Logged

SimplyFabulous!
My home away from home

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #88 on: December 10, 2009 02:48:34 PM »

Wow, that hanging is gorgeous!  What a great package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.  -ee cummings
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: December 10, 2009 03:33:42 PM »

I'm so Blown Away! Wait till you all see what eye_on_the_sparrow just sent me!
  I can't believe this AWESOME package!
 BUT, I need to charge my camera batteries up a bit... SO, I'll be back in a couple hours with a bunch of pics!
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You! L!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Holographic Studios in New York City
One of the Slickest New Features in Adobe Camera Raw CC
Enhancing Waterfall Photos in Photoshop
Lightroom and Photoshop Panorama Stitching Trick
Understanding a Cameras Sensor Size
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...