A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,059
Currently Running With Scissors:
561 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christ-Centered Christmas Swap Gallery  (Read 10864 times)
Tags for this thread: christmas  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Avalon_Princes27
Teenage Stitch Witch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2009 11:55:23 PM »

Yay! Pictures

So firstly the crafted items, there were three pairs of earrings, a cross pendent, a bangle, a bracelet, a bobby pin, a pretty tree ornament, and the coolest beaded succulent.

The earrings, one pair isn't here because I couldn't bear to take them off LOL, I have anickel allergy and my collection of earrings was all of three pairs and I now ahve Cross Earrings! I'm so happy LOL, the missing pair are shiny black.

The Cross Pendant that uses the same beads as the earrings

A really cool rainbow bangle that my mother keeps taking

My Absolute favourite, a blue wire bracelet  maybe crocheted? with beads strung along it. The best bit though is hidden inside in silver wire are the Christian fish.

A really pretty tree ornament

And an absolutely stunning succulent all done in beads, it looks sooo awesome and will be perfect for uni and prevent me killing plants LOL

Then the supplies, there's more surgical steel earring hooks, some black and red ribbon, some really vibrant cobalt ribbon, another butterfly, silver wire, pink, purpole and turquoise beads with a link to instructions to make the butterflies, some thread, some absolutely crazy yarn that I cant wait to knit and a pretty little angle, I'm afraid the loop on the angel broke off during transport however it still looks great as a table ornament. Oh and warheads as well.

Thank you so much Amy!!! I love it all!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kaz814
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2009 04:57:03 AM »

Oh, wow!  That is an awesome package!  I love the succulent - I wish I had the talent to make things like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SimplyFabulous!
My home away from home

« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2009 05:21:12 AM »

Gorgeous jewelry!  I don't know what piece I love more.  Amy does beautiful work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.  -ee cummings
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2009 10:52:38 AM »

Wow!!! How beautiful! Amy, you are amazing!
  I think it's funny your Mom keeps stealing the bracelet! Maybe you can make her one with the beads Amy sent you! I'm not really sure what's my favorite... It's between the succulent and the knitted bracelet.
Thanks Amy and Avalon, you were really a great pair of partners in this swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AmysSculpturalBeading

www.sculpturalbeading.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2009 09:30:43 PM »

Avalon_Princes27 - First. I hope you grandmother is doing better and everything is not too stressful with cars. Glad you got to town to buy food, and also that you got the package! Sorry about the angel! The tree ornament needs to be fuller, like this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=329410.0 , can I redo it? Tongue So happy you loved everything! I wasn't sure. The fishies bracelet is done with a knitting dolly like these: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=327330.0 . I left the succulent loose so you could use it for a real one and put the beaded one somewhere else if you wanted to. If you wanted to secure it, you can stick it in either clay or florist's foam. Feel free to pose it if it got flattened. I'll teach you how to make a bangle for your Mum, if you like. Or I can just send another? And the crosses are super easy to make if you want a tute? I might post up some of this stuff with mini-tutes on the jewelry board when I get home to my photo stash? Are you posting the stuff you made for me on the sewing boards? Everyone should, because everything everyone has done is awesome. How do personal swaps work, I wonder? Should we see? Tongue

kaz814 - Anyone can french bead given enough time and patience! There are some good free tutes out there and the succulent is made with only basic pointed leaves put on a stem.

KLKing and SimplyFabulous! - Thankyou for the praise. My head will get big now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.sculpturalbeadi ng.com

I like personal swaps!
Avalon_Princes27
Teenage Stitch Witch

« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2009 10:18:14 PM »

Personal Swaps can either be run through PM's or in the thread that's stickied at the top of this forum. If you want to do another swap I'd love to! LOL I have two more months with my machine and iut was great fun researching Victorian fashion plus it gave me some great ideas for the velvet gown I'm working on, as I've always looked at Elizabethan. Feel free to send more things! LOL who'm I to complain? hehe.

I haven't actually posted what I made you on the sewing boards, I never get around to posting projects up LOL. I'd love some tutes my mother has this absolutely massive bead stash that she doesn't use any more but can't bear to part with. I'd use it but I'm generally too much of a clutz/not creative enough to do anything with it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2009 10:25:53 PM »

Let me jump in here before you gals get in trouble with the Moderators!
Personal Swaps are just that... Personal. The last time I even breathed that word in a thread I got "In Trouble". It's right up there in NO-NO-land as is mentioning "To Sell, Or Craft-fairs". 
So, please feel free to continue this particular topic in your PM's!
Sorry... just had to warn you.... I got a couple of those " Please don't throw rotten tomatoes at us, BUT..." messages myself!
  Anyway, glad to hear the two of you have a great new relationship coming up~!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

flower
« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2009 10:18:50 AM »

Let me jump in here before you gals get in trouble with the Moderators!
Personal Swaps are just that... Personal. The last time I even breathed that word in a thread I got "In Trouble". It's right up there in NO-NO-land as is mentioning "To Sell, Or Craft-fairs". 
So, please feel free to continue this particular topic in your PM's!
Sorry... just had to warn you.... I got a couple of those " Please don't throw rotten tomatoes at us, BUT..." messages myself!
  Anyway, glad to hear the two of you have a great new relationship coming up~!!!

It is also acceptable to write " I like personal swaps" in the signature area of your profile. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AmysSculpturalBeading

www.sculpturalbeading.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2009 04:53:49 PM »

Sorry to send up alarm bells! I haven't had problems or seen anyone else have problems posting things they intend to or have sold elsewhere. I guess it's just if you use threads to sell or solicit sales? And I did read that personal swaps aren't encouraged or supported by Craftster, so asking for them in general threads would be a no-no, of course. Thanks for the info and advice Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.sculpturalbeadi ng.com

I like personal swaps!
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2009 06:13:44 PM »

I only brought it up because I was notified by moderators for a similar comment, and also one which just merely Suggested  that I was going to do a craft fair later in the year. Just didn't want anyone to be upset if they got that" Rotten Tomatoes" message. (That's how they like to put it)
Go ahead and put the little message in your signature line, and the package Icon, if you wish!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn Devil Went Down to Georgia on Fiddle Part 2
Learn Devil Went Down to Georgia on Fiddle, Part 1
How to Print a Coloring Book Using Personal Photos
Violin Lessons - How to Use the Violin Bow
How to Learn Basic Blackjack Strategy
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...