A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,468
Currently Running With Scissors:
367 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Toastie Sandwiches  (Read 7953 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cheesebinky
« on: April 22, 2005 08:10:54 AM »

I'm totally addicted to toastie sandwiches--made with one of those "sandwich maker" appliances with sealed edges. Some friends and I have been coming up with weird and delicious combos such as apple pie filling and horseraddish. Does anyone have any combo ideas? Basics are great--like ham and cheese, but ham and chocolate was really good too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tinydoom

*one of the ladies*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005 08:33:25 AM »

Try apples and cheddar, I love that....this is not unusual, but you just made me think of how good chocolate and peanut butter would be.....  Man, i used to have one of those sandwichmakers, they are so awesome.  Now I just make pressed sandwiches on my Foreman grill, if you use a nice crusty bread it works pretty well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

melsing32
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005 10:01:10 AM »

okay...so i dont have a foreman grill or sandwich maker but i do have a toaster oven and use it on a daily basis! Cheesy  funny you should post this cause i am eating as we "speak" a toastie sandwich of my own. actually a friend of mine intro'd me to this and at first thought she was crazy but i fell in love!  it's a ham sandwich with tomato and cream cheese.  i just toast the bread in my toaster oven on the last few seconds i put pull out the toast and slather on the cream cheese and pop it back in to melt the cheese a little.  once that's done i take it out and put on the ham and tomato.  then it's ready to eat! yum!

enjoy,
mel
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Avian Flight
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005 10:15:15 AM »

I love honey and peanut butter! Cream cheese and jelly is really good too but probably not toasted. My mom used to fry a jelly sandwich in butter (in a pan) tasted delish. Don't know if you can toast this but if you butter the bread, it might work. Use a generous amount of butter so you can taste it, just don't let it burn. Now I'm hungry. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
eula.wordpress.com - updated frequently! (food and bento)
twelvety
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2005 06:21:11 PM »

I love toasties! My personal fave is spinach and cheese, almost like a spinach and cheese pastry but a helluva lot cheaper. Putting an egg with tomato relish (home-made) in between 2 slices of rye bread in a toastie maker is pretty damn good too. Awww now I am so hungry I have to go and make me some toasties!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a real big prawn!

wistalicious
http://www.wists.com/twelvety
amiemoo
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2005 07:25:10 PM »

Over here (Australia) we call them jaffles.  When I was little, and we were poor, Mum used to always make them with braised steak and onion (the kind that comes in a can).  Pretty much any canned meal is good in them.  A little while back I was addicted to cheese and gherkin in them.  I wish we still had our jaffle iron.  Now we have a stupid sandwich grill that makes the sandwich incredibly flat no matter what you do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kuruku
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2005 09:44:42 PM »

They're /really/ good with apples, brie and raisins...  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pixiewhip

violently cute

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2005 07:19:45 PM »

*dijon mustard
*aged cheddar
*1 granny smith apple sliced
*watercress
*Onion chutney 

This is from the rebar cookbook (my fav) and it is sooo good

Another from the same place

*Chipolte puree
*Cilantro
*asiago
*Red onion
*Red pepper
*lettuce
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spillyjane
the jane of yr dreams

you can't take me nowhere

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2005 07:23:56 PM »

i loooove toasty sanwiches with really nice old cheddar, mango chutney and minced pickled ginger.  so tasty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

visit my knitblog, SpillyJane Knits at http://spillyjane.blogspot.com.
McAuliflower
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2005 07:35:36 PM »

I make these with my plain ole waffle iron... they get a neat texture blasted onto the surface. Smiley

I like ham and swiss to which I add pineapple afterward, or maybe alternate sandwich bites with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

save your fork- there's pie! http://www.browniepointsblog.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What Is Glass Art
What to Do If Thread Is Caught in Your Sewing Machine
The History of Hand Blown Glass
How to Make Better Flower Arrangements
How to Make Chalk on the Fly
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...