A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,068
Currently Running With Scissors:
609 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mermaid crown update: I guess it wasn't so great afterall! LOL  (Read 2763 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tickleagangster
« on: November 16, 2009 10:24:56 PM »

I don't know what's happened to Craftster. I used to like to come on here alot because it seemed like folks were really supportive and all. It's such a great feeling to labor on a creative endeavor and get opinions from people other than your immediate family! LOL But, I stopped posting awhile ago because after the format change, I could no longer find what I wanted to right away and there seemed to be less people, or less of the people that I was familiar with online. So, although I've continued with my various projects, for the most part, I haven't posted them here. My recent attempts have met with little/no comments whatsoever, so I will now say thank you and goodbye to Craftster.  I wish everyone well and pray that one day it might return to the good ol times when it offered the opportunity for a closet crafter to come out and showcase their wares!

Posted a little late, this was my last minute Halloween outfit! I had a long vintage sequined dress in a beautiful aqua with what seemed like tiny sand dollars, so I decided to make a crown.

Um, the "wig" was from my daughter's Beyonce costume last year! lmao

« Last Edit: November 19, 2009 05:13:56 PM by tickleagangster » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Say hello to my lil' friend!
hello color!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009 09:20:33 AM »

I like it - looks like a fun costume! I'm a big fan of putting things on my head Smiley How is it staying on - is it a headband?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tickleagangster
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009 09:52:59 AM »

Yes! It's on a headband/little crown that I found at the thrift store. It was done in a red Asian (Chinese maybe?) fabric that went to what I believe was a traditional dress/gown. I re-wrapped it with the tulle and hot glued the shells and bubbles. It was actually quite heavy and I had to take the hair from the wig, twist it up and loop it around the back of the band to secure it in place.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Say hello to my lil' friend!
FriendlyNeighbourPsycho
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009 10:23:26 AM »

Aww sorry to hear of your disappoinment  Embarrassed But I really love your crown!! That was last minute? Id never believe that!! I really love the colors and it looks so sparkly!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BonEsInspired
BonesInspired

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009 09:06:05 PM »

You look so pretty!
The crown is the perfect touch for a mermaid costume Cheesy The materials just work so well together!
I have to say that I can relate to how you feel about the lack of responses on Craftster. I think it's because so many people visit for inspiration and just can't be bothered to comment unless it's something they've never seen before.
I think that feedback, C&C is a really important part of being in a crafting community and that's why I comment on dozens of projects a day. Sadly, I've been discouraged to post my projects as well for the same reason.
Well, keep crafting no matter what people say or don't say if you enjoy doing it Smiley

« Last Edit: November 20, 2009 09:06:35 PM by BonEsInspired » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009 09:04:09 AM »

Aww, I'm sorry that you feel this way. That crown rocks really hard and you are so pretty! It would be a shame for you to disappear from Craftster-especially with great skills and such cuteness!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Born2bWild
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009 02:58:53 AM »

The crown is SO cute. You've inspired me to make something similar with my daughter. She's been wanting to make a shell necklace. But this would hold MY interest a lot better Tongue Btw, i LOVE your eye makeup too.

SIDE NOTE: I've been MIA from craftster for a good 6 months unfortunately. I think it's the abundance of craft communities out there now. I don't have time for them all! But I keep forgetting this is what inspired me to beg for a sewing machine and relearn crochet 3 years ago.

Also. At any given time there are probably 4 or 5 times as many guests as there are users. So I encourage the lurkers to sign up! We want to read your opinions too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zowiewoahie

But it's my BIRTHDAY tomorrow!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2009 01:30:21 AM »

Cute crown. I tend to post on things that make me go "Ohhhhh!" and I have time to screw around on the internet. If it's not both of those things I don't post. I also follow the "if I don't care for, it I don't post about it" rule. Granted, I made these up, but hey, we all have rules I guess. You should stay and not let peoples silent admiration get to you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lets all go to Jack Taylor's to celebrate!
bancher
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2009 05:32:08 AM »

wow!  how beautiful!  you did an awesome job.  love the color you used!  was it heavy on your head?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cre8ivegenes
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2009 03:25:38 PM »

I love the crown! Super pretty! Very magical! It kills me how folks will spend so much money on a store bought crown or costume when they could make something so much prettier like this for less and it mean so much more. You did a awesome job. As for posting I lurk a lot but have got into commenting more on others projects. I can not spell very well and always feel bad about it. I have never posted a project I made either but absolutly leee-ove looking at everyones pretty things. It relaxes me and makes me feel happy. My normal friends think I'm crazy for all the artsy stuff I collect and save to make project. So it's good to come here and be near creative people. I do feel there are little clicks and crannys on here. Nothing offensive just folks who have really gotten to know one another well. I guess I need to just jump in. I might even join a swap or two this year. Who knows I might just make some real crafty friends. Hope you stay around even if you just lurk but your stuff is very pretty! Smiles!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Korean Mandu Dumplings Recipe
How to Make Fluke Sashimi With a Japanese Pear Cocktail
How to Make Delicious and Healthy Spring Rolls Right at Home
Easy, Healthy Lettuce Wrap Recipe
How to Make Diane Ladd’s Southern Japanese Tofu Dish
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...