A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,079
Currently Running With Scissors:
480 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Link poppet - image obese  (Read 4881 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet , video_game , zelda , legend_of_zelda  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

angelcallie
Fabric Addict

It is a truth universally acknowledged . . .

View Profile WWW
« on: November 16, 2009 09:37:13 PM »

Well, he's been about six months in the making (on and off, of course, and allowing for the time my sewing machine was broken) but he's finally finished. He was a commission from a friend.

Link, he come to town, come to save the Princess Zelda . . .

He's very stern.

From the back you can see his sword sheath and shield hung on his back as well as the pouches on the back of his belt. The pouches have snap buttons to close them and both of the belts have snap buttons hidden on them as well so they are fully removable, as is his tunic, leggings, gauntlets, arm . . . lings, and boots.

Close-up of gauntlets and boots.

He has pipe cleaners in his fingers so he can hold on to both his sword and shield.

Another angle.

The back of the shield, showing the arm straps and the little strap that holds onto the hilt of the sword when he's wearing them on his back.

Holding onto the sword. His fingers are so cute! The sword is made of foam with a popsicle stick core. The yellow is painted on there and the triangle symbol is carved into the foam itself on both sides.

The shield is made of foamcore board and painted with acrylics, then finished with woodfinish to make it shiny.

He also has an ocarina.

It's made of sculpey. The yellow tri-force is painted on and it's coated in woodfinish as well.

I was really please with the way he came out and he was a little bit hard to give up, but my friend really likes him, so that made me happy. Still, there is an empty place on my shelf now Cry Haha, but he was really fun to make. I love all the little details the character has and I had fun plushifying them. I used ghilie's poppet pattern as a starting point, but resized and altered most of the pieces to make him look more masculine and whatnot. Anyway, hope you like and thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tygermane
Addicted to crafting

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009 11:58:05 PM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked  This is so awesome!!  you did a great job on everything!!  I know a few people who would love this as well!!  Great job!!!  Cheesy Grin Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Summerteeth
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009 05:02:25 AM »

VERY cool!!  I love the ocarina!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KiwiDragons
Get it together!

Stacked Sheep. :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009 05:58:57 AM »

Amazing!!!! This is definitely one of the coolest poppets out there. You did a fantastic job-the detail is just amazing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists

Little Visitor Adventures
Charlie in MO
Zazie in Canada
tendstowardschaos
'Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools.' - N. Bonaparte

Motivated by the desire to achieve.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009 06:04:22 AM »

Shocked Holy cow! I love all the details! You did a fabulous job on him. I'm totally blown away by all his accessories - the ocarina is so cool, those tiny gloves look awesome! And, his hands! They're so perfect and cute (sorry, I have a weird thing about doll fingers... Undecided)....I love seeing him playing the ocarina!

Did you use acrylic paint for his face? His features look so nice and neat (I've always just used the safety eyes).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009 09:27:35 AM »

You did an amazing job! I hope they compensate you well for all your hard work! The details are what makes him perfect. I think the ocarina seals the deal. It' just makes the doll so much more special. The poseable fingers are great! And I love his sword and shield. You paid attention to every detail I can think of!
Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
angelcallie
Fabric Addict

It is a truth universally acknowledged . . .

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009 08:01:01 PM »

Shocked Holy cow! I love all the details! You did a fabulous job on him. I'm totally blown away by all his accessories - the ocarina is so cool, those tiny gloves look awesome! And, his hands! They're so perfect and cute (sorry, I have a weird thing about doll fingers... Undecided)....I love seeing him playing the ocarina!

Did you use acrylic paint for his face? His features look so nice and neat (I've always just used the safety eyes).

Thanks! Haha, I was really pleased with his hands as well. It took me a few times drafting but I finally came up with a five fingered pattern that really looked like human hands. And yeah, I did use acrylics for his eyes and eyebrows. The black line of his mouth and the ones around his eyes are fabric marker. I gave the commissioner (hahah) the choice of several different methods and he chose paints. I like the safety eyes as well, though, my own two regular poppets have them Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DizzerSpinninRound
Proverbs 31: 10-31

Little M is growing in my belly! Due Feb 2013!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009 08:08:03 PM »

I want one so bad! I totally had the biggest crush on Link when I was younger...okay so it wasn't that long ago...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
racehorse87
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2009 08:21:17 PM »

This is seriously adorable!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jatoha
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009 09:17:25 AM »

WOW!!

I clicked this rocks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Change the Color of an Image
How to Work on a scenic photograph in Photoshop
How to Tidy Up Your Images in Photoshop
How to Create a gallery image Part 1/2
How to fix reflection in xmas balls in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
April 17, 2015 Featured Projects
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Mini-Cabinet
Laundry Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...