A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,155
Currently Running With Scissors:
557 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Queen of Hearts (featuring Mugatu!)  (Read 1331 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

unepagaille
« on: November 16, 2009 02:33:49 PM »

I don't post much on Craftster anymore, but I figured every costume posted helps inspire people for the next year, so here goes...

I had a plan to be the Hamburglar for Halloween for about 2 months prior to the holiday. However, when I went to buy b&w striped material, I found that the only (yes only) fabric store/chain around here was not going to be getting any in this year. Faced with making my own (just completed a striped dress like this in the summer and it was super tedious... the addition of school made this impossible) and I had to quickly rethink my choice. I remembered seeing this tutu on etsy this summer: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=30984282&ref=sr_list_4&&ga_search_query=queen+hearts+tutu&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&order=date_desc&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title and tried to create something inspired by it in less than three days between classes and also making my boyfriend's costume. I spent all my time on the tutu, so the day of Halloween I quickly whipped up the belt/waistband thing (out of an old pair of pants and a cut up work shirt of the bf's... all the hearts are from that). The tiara is leftover from my 19th birthday party (4 years I've saved it.. I knew there was a reason!) and the socks are just American Apparel socks. I wanted to make a wand but ran out of time.

My bf on the other hand, was Mugatu. I think it's pretty straightforward from seeing the costume how we made it, but if you have any questions just let me know and I'll answer them. For the first Halloween ever in our 4 H'weens as a couple his costume won out for getting the most attention.. it was awesome! I was so proud to be out with him, hahaha. Here we go:

(was super excited to be drinking Queen of Hearts wine all night hahaha)

hahaha... once we were at the bar... i believe the theme of this picture was "be really really ridiculously good looking"

I didn't want to post a pic of my friend without her permission but this is the only pic I have of the night where you can see the spade panel of my tutu!

It was a really fun Halloween, I really loved my costume and the bf's. Thanks for looking Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"My ideal candidate? Jack Bauer. But he is unavailable... fictional... and overqualified." - Dwight K Schrute (The Office US)

http://www.wists.com/xcera
dez-igns
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009 02:59:20 PM »

great costumes!! I must say that the mugatu one rules! zoolander is one of my all time fav movies.  great work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So you, could spend the morning walkin with me, quite amazed. As I am unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed.
http://www.dezignsforkidz.etsy.com
elociNNicole
Groove is in the heart (Ne-na-na-na-na) Groove is in the heart (Ne-na-na-na-na) Groove is in the heart-ah-ah-ah

Do what you love. Love what you do.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009 03:47:24 PM »

Great costumes!!

(uh-oh, I can't help myself... favorite mugatu quote...)
"Todd, are you not aware that I get farty and bloated with a foamy latte?"

haha!!!  LOVE mugatu!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting goal for 2011: knit 500,000 stitches.  24,078/500,000 knit.  I think I'm going to need more yarn...
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Garnish the Platter with Turkey Leftovers
How to Remove the Breast Meat of a Turkey
How to Remove the Wings of a Holiday Turkey
How to Separate the Dark Meat in a Turkey
How to Measure the Temperature of a Holiday Turkey
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...