A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 299,125
Currently Running With Scissors:
667 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 10 Minute Craft Swap Gallery  (Read 24322 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #180 on: December 12, 2009 05:32:57 AM »

What an awesome package! I might have to try those pacifier holders for those of my friends who are breeding... I'm not good at sewing but it looks simple enough.

I hurried up and gave you feedback so you can join more swaps =) Welcome to the addiction! He he.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Sublime

« Reply #181 on: December 12, 2009 08:38:51 AM »

Whoa! That is one great package. I love the baby onsie. I think I'll make one of those for my BF who is having her first little one.

How does a pacifier leash work (my babies are 4 legged and covered in fur - I don't know much about the human versions Smiley)? Whatever they are, they look cute! Maybe I could make some of those for my prego friend too! Thanks for the inspiration.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cjclark
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.

Inside a dog it's too dark to read.

« Reply #182 on: December 12, 2009 10:11:00 AM »

I used this tutorial for the leashes -
http://themamadramalogues.blogspot.com/2009/09/diy-no-sew-binky-leash-tutorial.html

but instead of using a snap at each end, I just sewed the end that went around the clip, as I'm guessing that doesn't need to come off. I made two with snaps and one with a bigger loop and velcro so it could maybe be more easily used for a toy or something (like clipped to a carseat or stroller).

Basically, you burn the ends of your ribbon or whatever so it won't fray. thread one end through a suspender/mitten clip (I got them at JoAnn's, a 4 pack for $2 I think), and sew it closed. Then put a snap on the other end (which I thought would be hard but was super easy). You could also do velcor, or even a button/buttonhole I think. I think the snap will hold the strongest against a pulling toddler. The velcro may or may not. I got enough of each ribbon/webbing to make 2 leashes and all were like $2 per yard or less (1 yard makes two). I got the cheap $7 snap setter which I can use over and over again, and it came with some snaps already in the package. I think I'll definitely be putting a few into each baby gift I make from now on. You could also do it with fabric - think like bias binding type folding, sew down open edge, topstitch other side, or make a fabric tube, iron and topstitch. Then it could coordinate with a blankie or burp cloth or something.

I think the only benefit to the snap at each end would be 1) it would be no sew and 2) if it needed it you could take the clip off for washing it.

So, there's my 2 cents. Enjoy. :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Woohoo! Baby Clark is on the way. Due October 24th.
itchyfingers

Baby is here - at long last!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: December 12, 2009 11:46:55 AM »

I need to get a snap setter!  What a handy tool.  I think here they're a lot more expensive, though.  I may have to wait a bit.  Where did you get yours?
I'm definitely thinking about making some of these for friends and using the Baby _.0 thing depending on the birth order - what a great idea!  A friend of mine said that I should make a maternity t-shirt with that on it, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Baby number four is here and he's a boy!!  Time to start using all the great stuff I got from a bunch of Craftster friends:
Baby Shower in a Box

Wists
spicytaco

Lalala...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #184 on: December 12, 2009 12:54:30 PM »

I picked up my super awesome package from pinky penguin today. So amazing. It's a sort of Franken-zombie-alice-in-wonderland rabbit.

Here he is. That's my cat Nacho peeking in there.

Hey you, get out of the way.

Oh noes! What did you do??

It's okay. Don't worry. Pinky Penguin made him with his arms and legs attached with snaps so they come off. I didn't actually let Nacho rip him apart.

Thanks so much Pinky.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*insert witty saying here*

I has Wist.
TheSapphireMoon

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #185 on: December 12, 2009 07:05:59 PM »

That's such an adorable bunny.  I must admit, I was a bit mortified when I saw that missing arm  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked until you said they were meant to do that  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

« Reply #186 on: December 12, 2009 07:21:30 PM »

cjclark - thank you SOOOO much for the tutorial and your detailed explanation! I am going to hit Joanns tomorrow and make some of my own. Woot! I know my friend will appreciate them and they sound fun and easy to make.

itchyfingers - the idea of putting Baby _.0 on a maternity shirt is great. I think I'll do that too! How does the whole maternity t-shirt thing work? I can't just use a bigger t-shirt can I? Sorry for all the ignorant baby questions!!

spicytaco - that bunny is AWESOME. It's so cool that pinky penguin made the arms detachable. Brilliant!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cjclark
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.

Inside a dog it's too dark to read.

« Reply #187 on: December 12, 2009 08:01:33 PM »

Oooh, I'm starting a new trend.. Baby _.0. :-) I was just trying to come up with something geeky to put on a baby onesie and I thought of it. On a maternity shirt you could always put Baby _.0 Beta but, that's just me. :-P Or maybe (still in development) or something.

Anyway, glad I could give everyone else ideas and info.

Itchyfingers - I got the snap setter at JoAnn's. There was also one that was about $25 but I figured since I hadn't used snaps before, I'd try the cheapie to see if I liked it first.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Woohoo! Baby Clark is on the way. Due October 24th.
TheSapphireMoon

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #188 on: December 13, 2009 08:46:35 AM »

Yeah, for maternity shirts, I would suggest buying ACTUAL maternity t-shirts from the maternity section at Target or somewhere else that sells maternity clothing for a decent price.  They are made in an A line style for the growing belly without looking like you are wearing clothing too big for you...they fit in the bust and at the shoulders properly and flare out toward the bottom...and are also a bit longer, what with the belly growing and shirts rising up!  LOL!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
itchyfingers

Baby is here - at long last!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: December 13, 2009 09:01:50 AM »

For maternity, it does depend on a person's taste and shape.  I can get away with larger t-shirts because I'm larger on top even when I'm not pregnant.  But a woman with a smaller bra size would look funny in a big t-shirt because she'd be swimming in it on top.  Stretchy t-shirts might work for anyone, but they aren't necessarily the best ones to use for decorating.  My favourite shirt when I was pregnant with my third was a stretchy red v-neck that wasn't maternity and wasn't even much bigger than my regular size.  I don't like regular t-shirts very much, so if I do this I'll probably get a maternity shirt or at least one with a nicer neckline than the typical shirt people decorate (from Michael's or whatever).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Baby number four is here and he's a boy!!  Time to start using all the great stuff I got from a bunch of Craftster friends:
Baby Shower in a Box

Wists
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
ISH Ionic Rescue Pro Treatment Review
How to Create a Holiday Updo for Short Hair
Simple Way to Spice Up Your Hair
How to Create Retro Hair Style
How to Create a Bow Hair Style
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...