A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,793
Currently Running With Scissors:
799 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Online Scan  (Read 6275 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Krafty_Karasu
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2009 02:22:43 PM »

Haha, I had that screen pop up too, and I use a Mac!  Let me tell you, that was confusing!

lucky you.  if I had a Mac, I wouldn't be so worried about a virus.  Tongue

and on a side note, not sure if this has anything to do with this issue or not, but am I the only one noticing the missing ads?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009 02:24:19 PM by Krafty_Karasu » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
llisaredd
While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats. - Mark Twain

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2009 02:50:49 PM »

I'm glad to see it's not just me that's been getting some kind of notice. I have Avast for virus protection. Several times I've come to Craftster and Avast has stopped the connection due to a trojan virus.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2009 02:53:29 PM »

I'm glad to see it's not just me that's been getting some kind of notice. I have Avast for virus protection. Several times I've come to Craftster and Avast has stopped the connection due to a trojan virus.

Avast is what we use as well.  It wasn't detecting it earlier last week, but Wednesday's (I think) update started catching it for me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
sazzra

You have vampire in your cleavage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2009 04:11:32 PM »

This is going to sound like a gloat, but it isn't, honestly Wink

I use Firefox on Vista, and have never had this happen here or on any other sites. I use Kaspersky full internet security suite and I swear it reaches the parts McAfee *spit* never does! I used Mcafee religiously before, read up on reviews and switched to Kaspersky - it immediately found a load of stuff McAfee had let through.

Just my two pence worth Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

No longer swapping, so please ignore any expressions of interest in the Ideas thread

Heavens defend me from that Welsh fairy, lest he transform me to a piece of cheese!
ghilie

Good Cookie Designs

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2009 04:21:47 PM »

I use kapersky too, I am very satisfied withh it.  although, it scares the bejeezus out of me when I am working and it squeals cuz it caught a trojan...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit http://ghilie.wordpress.com/ for the poppet pattern.

"I grow old, I grow old, I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled."
sugarglass
currently trying to change me

Join the dark side; we have cookies!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2009 07:05:12 PM »

hmm... this has never happened but i noticed sometimes a little white screen suddenly pops up, then closes itself, i guess or antivirus or something closes it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my wists
i'm not the same anymore, and frankly, i'm beginning to hate myself
weet!
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2009 08:44:46 PM »

ive never had this pop up. i use firefox, avast ,and SUPERantispyware.

how many of you that get the pop up use internet explorer? firefox is much safer than IE and doesnt let nearly as many things that are in websites get through to your computer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

N30Nb100d
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2009 09:42:07 PM »

I always use firefox now and when it happened to me (though not from this site) I was already using it  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Krafty_Karasu

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2009 10:10:16 PM »

as it has been said...many times now...we're not 100% sure that the browser has much to do with it.  I've stated (along with others) that I use Fire Fox and have got this pop-up and another version many times on here as well as other sites.  now, again, if those of you who are still getting this scan while using Fire Fox could PLEASE follow the instructions below and let us know if it changes anything, it would be much appreciated and could be used as a kind of quick fix until the issue is finally dealt with within the site itself.

click the following things: Tools > Options > Advanced.  under "Advanced", you'll find 3 subsections with check boxes in each.  the first one is called "Accessibility" and the third check box down says "Warn me when web sites try to redirect or reload the page".  make sure it's checked.  it wasn't before when I was getting these scans, but now that it is, I haven't seen any.  can any of you do that for me and see if it changes anything for you?

if you use IE, Opera, Safari, Google Chrome, etc., I don't know anything about them so I don't know if there is a similar setting.

again, it is not the web browser, it is not the operating system (though getting it on a Mac is a little strange), it is something within the site itself.  nothing that the anyone running the site did, it happens to a lot of sites and it is usually done by some stupid hackers getting their jollies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2009 06:43:33 AM »

Just an update for you guys!  Thanks again for hanging in there with us.

We shut down the infected part of the system yesterday evening, so no one should have experienced the issue throughout the night last night.  We're back in the office again this morning and back on its case.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Superhero Cape
How to Make Sponge Balls for Kids
How to Make Toy Boats with Wooden Blocks
How to Make Daffodil Decorations
How to Make Tissue Paper Carnations
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...