A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,148
Currently Running With Scissors:
600 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 48
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sweat Shoppe Swap Round 21 (signups closed) (send by Dec 14)  (Read 31954 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

aisy
« Reply #150 on: November 19, 2009 08:26:51 PM »

ill keep hearts in mind  Wink
im betting that our top picks will be when the signups close-thats the way they were last time.

im excited for the wristlets and feminine hygiene wallets. those are two things im in dire need of-so akward just walking down the hall in my dorm carrying a giant pad!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

disposableactor
« Reply #151 on: November 19, 2009 10:44:37 PM »

Would my caterpillar bracelets be alright?

They're peyote stitched and then rewoven with embroidery floss that I herringbone weave at the ends to make ties.  Somebody mention having trouble getting bracelets to fit (I have the same problem) so I thought this way they can be made to fit any wrist.
I was also thinking of doing other colors too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #152 on: November 20, 2009 05:20:05 AM »

okay, this is the apron i made for last years 12 days swap, and only a folded up shot, but i will have new pictures by the 1st (of at least 4 or 5 of the aprons, i have time lol)

i am so excited i get to participate this round, plus i LOOOVE sewing, so 10 aprons are going to be a blast...a few will be holiday themed (red/white/green/gold or silver) but i have a decent fabric stash, so there will be lots to choose from

THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #153 on: November 20, 2009 11:54:00 AM »

That caterpillar bracelet looks great, and I love the ties because they mean I would be able to wear it.

Here is an example of the lace angel patterns I have tried so far. I will try some more, and I can do different colors. I will offer five sets of two angels.

I am still thinking of what else to offer. I have tried to make crochet hats, but I am not happy with them yet. But I might just post a picture of what I have and let you decide. I might also try ornaments... well, I have a weekend to make more samples of everything. If anyone wants something specific in crochet, let me know, and I'll try (I know there was a request for a slouchy hat, but I have already tried and the pattern didn't work out for me - but I might try again).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gigglygirl

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gigglygirl/

« Reply #154 on: November 20, 2009 12:12:01 PM »

I like the angels--very simple yet elegant. I'm traditional when it comes to angels, so I saw something in white, pearl of cream is the best. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Modern Peeps Family by Lana

« Reply #155 on: November 20, 2009 12:15:36 PM »

Aw, the angels are lovely!  I like gigglygirl like white/cream for colors!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
Disco Queen Highness
« Reply #156 on: November 20, 2009 02:55:14 PM »

I agree with the white.  My hubby's ganny used to make us doily's out of the crochet thread, so I'm partial to the white/off white angels.  I've always loved the snowflakes that are made out of the crochet thread, too.  Ruby, are you on Ravelry?  Here were some crochet things I'd love to receive anytime for any reason.  It's always fun when people ask for suggestions, because it means brainless browsing for me.  I loved your bracelets from last round.  My girls are still wearing them.

Necklace
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/crochet-necklace-2

I love, love, love this kitchen scrubbie (this one's knit but it could just as easily be crocheted)
http://berlinswhimsy.typepad.com/berlins_whimsy/2008/05/knitted-kitchen-scrubbie-tutorial.html

A crochet ball that I could wizz across the room at my husband would be a ton of fun. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'd love to do a personal swap for this knit Death Flake hat

Wists
Etsy
aisy
« Reply #157 on: November 20, 2009 02:58:37 PM »

Would my caterpillar bracelets be alright?
They're peyote stitched and then rewoven with embroidery floss that I herringbone weave at the ends to make ties.  Somebody mention having trouble getting bracelets to fit (I have the same problem) so I thought this way they can be made to fit any wrist.
I was also thinking of doing other colors too.
that is gorgeous!i love the colors that you used for this one-i would happily wear that anyday. love bracelets
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009 09:45:45 PM by lapoli - Reason: please don't quote images.. thanks! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #158 on: November 20, 2009 03:05:02 PM »

No, I'm not on Ravelry (not yet maybe), craftster keeps me pretty busy already. More creative input and my head might burst Grin
You totally caught me by surprise by the scrubbie suggestion. So simple that I didn't even think of it (OK, I hate washing dishes Grin), and I remember scrubbies and washcloths get many nice comments, for what ever reason Grin Hm... yes, I think that is a good idea... especially as the slouchy I tried to make tonight looks pretty awful... Grin

Making the angels in cream or white is no problem, I have tons of cream and white yarn. I will make some and post them. If I make them white, I could also starch them, if someone wants them more solid.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gala_apples
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 20, 2009 05:02:50 PM »

disposibleactor, that's a really nice bracelet.

for anyone that knits or crochets, i was at work today (daycare) and i pulled my hat out of my pocket and it caught on the zipper and the yarn ripped. if anyone would want to make five hats, i would love you forever! i'm outside a few hours a day, i need a funky hat!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not attached to your world, nothing heals, nothing grows... we used to love ourselves, we used to love one another.

life is no cabaret- we don't care what you say, we're inviting you anyway, you mf'ers, you'll sing someday!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 48 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chocolate-Covered Almond Self-Tanner
Most Expensive Manicure
Insect Secretions to Reduce Cellulite
Busting Beauty Myths
3 Products to Get Rid of Blackheads at Home
Latest Blog Articles
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete
Mmm, Bacon!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...