A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,727
Currently Running With Scissors:
575 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 48
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sweat Shoppe Swap Round 21 (signups closed) (send by Dec 14)  (Read 35225 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

GatorWrangler
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: November 20, 2009 07:00:35 PM »

I updated the participants list, and there are only a few more days to signup.  Then top pick lists will be due.  I will explain more about the top picks lists in a later post.  But feel free to ask any questions about anything in this swap.

And be sure to post photos of your offerings! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Colleen

My Pinterest
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #161 on: November 21, 2009 07:01:30 AM »

Oh gala_apples, another hat request, that is hard to ignore Cheesy I love making hats, I really do. But for this swap, I can only offer chunkier hats, because the others take me two evenings to make, and no way do I have ten evenings left...
So this is what I can make with thicker cotton:

green: slouchy hat from AprilDraven
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=328064.msg3786143#msg3786143
I ran out of yarn on the brim, which should be longer, apart from that, it was a quick and nice project.

grey: Bellas hat from AprilDraven http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=321238.msg3703347#msg3703347
My gauge was different, so I had to inlcude another rib to make it fit, therefor, not the exact Twilight hat. I also used looser stitches. The most boring hat in the world, but maybe some Twilight fans want one.

brown: Beanie
well, just a beanie, but I will make striped ones for the swap, or use variegated yarn (I have been drooling on the thick variegated cotton for quit a while)

Please ignore the colors of the picture, I will buy some nice yarn and give you a color choice on Monday.

I don't know about wool - I could technically make all these with wool, or something similar in wool. The slouchy might turn out nice in wool, the others, I don't know. Maybe I can try something and show you. I think the Bella hat should be wool, but I have tried thick wool and it didn't look good at all.

I am also having a lot of fun with trying scrubbies. Right now, I am making a hyperbolic something. I also have found a cute pattern for a round one. Actually, the scrubbies are a lot more fun to make than the lace angels, so I am wondering if I will switch to a 5 hats / 5 scrubbies combo, instead of angels / hats. I'll show you the scrubbies when I am done and you can tell which ones you like better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #162 on: November 21, 2009 07:23:39 AM »

OMG!!  I just love the Bella's hat!!  ADORABLE!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

luckdragon

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

« Reply #163 on: November 21, 2009 07:25:07 AM »

The green hat is great!  And, I vote for scrubbies!  Can never have enough of them!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2012 (24/50)
Looking for a vintage magazine (1974 - 1978) that has a fabric nativity set w/ people and animals. An example: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=440861&ppuser=143144.
imafundork
« Reply #164 on: November 21, 2009 07:56:55 AM »

I have been lusting after Bella's hat for nearly a year!  And that green one is very cute too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Wistful Thinking
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
TheSapphireMoon

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #165 on: November 21, 2009 07:58:28 AM »

Wow, only a few days left!!  Can't believe it!  I gotta get crackin' on my applique wall art and decide if I will be doing a 2nd set for 10 items total....hmmm...gotta check out the list on the front page and see what I am really wanting badly!  Scratch that....I TOTALLY see 10 items on that list, both with and without example pics, that I would love or love to give for gifts...so....time to come up with another set of 5, or do 5 more applique wall hangings....

I see one person is offering bookmarks...wondering if there is enough interest for 2 people to offer them (everyone ALWAYS needs zipper pouches, so I know we have that covered well!).  I have recently started making crazy tassel pieced bookmarks with scrapbooking paper.  I piece a front part, put on a single back piece (solid or patterned), and have them laminated at and office supply store.  The tassels are crazy random ribbons and lace.  Here is an example of a pair I made for a recent swap.  I would offer them in a pair here as well.  I have TONS of scrapbook papers, so there will be a LARGE variety of prints.  I could even make them NOT pieced, and just coordinating single front and back pieces, laminated, with the crazy tassels.  Any interest?

I also still have dangly bracelets on my mind...similar to the bumpy bead bracelets offered last round.  I am possibly thinking of making them a combo of beads and leaf charms as I have a whole ton to work with.  Here's a dangly bracelet example (sorry it's a little dark, obviously colors are much richer when taken in better lighting):

« Last Edit: November 21, 2009 08:12:56 AM by TheSapphireMoon » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #166 on: November 21, 2009 08:16:19 AM »

I vote for bracelets! I want one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ktlady
« Reply #167 on: November 21, 2009 08:17:32 AM »

I love the hats!  The dangly bracelets are great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kate
web: http://www.katydidcreations.com/
wists: http://www.wists.com/ktlady

Available for personal swaps - just PM me.
MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

« Reply #168 on: November 21, 2009 08:24:34 AM »

i have wanted a slouchy hat for AGES and ages...i am allergic to wool though, so i prolly wont get one Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

« Reply #169 on: November 21, 2009 08:43:56 AM »

HATS! Love those! It takes me about 3 evenings to finish a hat. I'm amazed at anyone who can do it in less.

Saphiremoon, both the bookmarks and the bracelets are wonderful. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 48 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Perfect Pancakes
How to Make Crispy French Toast
How to Make a Basic Pie Crust
How to Grill a Perfect Burger
How to Make Home-Style Meatloaf
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...