A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,636
Currently Running With Scissors:
672 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Looking for Feedback on Website/Product Packaging  (Read 815 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

princesskill
« on: November 14, 2009 01:05:37 PM »

hey all, i launched my website for my preserve company last night and i'm super excited about it. i need to take and add more pictures and what not but i'm off to a good start.

http://www.sweetandsourpreserves.com

next summer i'll pay to have that add removed, but i wont really be selling anything until then (going to make preserves all spring/summer and sell in the fall/winter).

i also made a mock-up for my jars today and i'm pretty happy with it.

lovely modeled by a jar of rosemary apple jelly.

it's grey cardstock with raspberry writing, and raspberry paper ribbon. I'm going for a simple, old fashioned asthetic. The circle on top of the lid has the flavour, amount (250ml) and refrigerate after opening. on one side of the tag it has the company name, moto and website. the other has info about how our produce is locally sourced and the ingredients of that particular flavour.

in the future i may replace the piece of card stock on top of the jar with refrigerator proof round labels but they are too expensive at the moment. the shipping to canada is a killer!

anyway thanks for your advice and comments!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009 01:06:32 PM by princesskill » THIS ROCKS   Logged

live to craft, craft to live
sparkling_gem1987
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009 03:11:58 PM »

I'm in love with your packaging! It's has a rustic feel to it, which I think really suits the product.

Your website is also off to a good start, but like you said, it needs more pictures. Here are a few suggestions:

• Thumbnails of the different flavours would be good for you flavours and ideas page
  • Have a try using another colour for your subheadings, just to separate things a bit in order to make it easier for visitors to read your information.
  • The text on your 'flavours and ideas' page...is the information meant to be bolded for the Rosemary Apple Jelly, Sizzlin Salsa, Maple Cinnamon Apple Sauce, and Orange Cranberry Sauce, or is that a formating error? Another idea for this page is also to separate it into categories (similar to a menu), eg. Heading "Jams" and then the list of jam products.
  • Try adjusting your navigation bar so it looks less cluttered
  • Make sure any outgoing links (such a blog, twitter, etc,) open ups in a separate window...you want the visitors to stay on your site as long as possible

If I think of anything else, I will let you know. But other than that, I think you've done a great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

princesskill
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009 08:11:57 PM »

thanks. the names are meant to be bolded. i can't make sub-categories unless i pay for an upgraded site. as is i get 5 pages, although i could organize stuff by category.  as i make more product i'll take pictures for each flavour, right now i dont have much stock, but will be canning all summer. i just wanted to get the site going now when im not that busy and also to give myself some credibility when dealing with people.

thanks for the comments on the packaging! i'm so happy with it. i was showing it to my brother today and he said "it looks old-fashioned...but sort of modern because it's so simple." if my brother can grasp my aesthetic concept then i think i did well Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

live to craft, craft to live
classicseamstress
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009 11:56:34 AM »

My first thought was that there is way too much pink.  Perhaps you could make the bright pink background a different color or make it more subdued.  You might want to experiment with different colors for the text.  The overall layout is attractive and the photos are excellent.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Candied Yams
How to Make Classic Baked Macaroni and Cheese
How to Make a Slow-Cooker Turkey Chili
How to Make Blackened Catfish and Creole Remoulade
How to Make Southern Shrimp and Grits
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...