A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,117
Currently Running With Scissors:
528 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bella mittens X2!!  (Read 1112 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

liljinkss

Runs with scissors!!!

View Profile WWW
« on: November 08, 2009 11:16:45 AM »

My daughter and I are huge fans of Twilight. When I found the pattern for Bella's mittens we were sooo excited!!! So I made my daughter a pair. I was cheap about it and used Jiffy yarn to make them. Needless to say I HATE that yarn. Lesson learned. As soon as I finished my cousin (who is a Twilight FANATIC) asked me to make her a pair. She offered to pay me but I don't like family to pay me to make stuff. So as it goes Courtney works at Michaels. We were both short on cash so I told her if she bought the yarn she could pay me by buying me a couple skeins of yarn so I could make something for myself! Worked out perfectly because it was employee appreciation week and she got 5 skeins of yarn for like 13 dollars and change!!! Hers was knitted from Lion Brand Wool Ease held double stranded. I like them much better! Well enough of the rambling onto the piccies!!

My daughter's pair, sorry for the sucky cell photos but my camera hates me right now. This is all I have of hers.

My cousin soo happy to have her new mittens!!!

Almost 70 degrees in November in Wisco is rare!!! And this big dork won't take off her new mittens to answer her phone!!!

And is getting mad that she can't hit the right buttons!!! TAKE THEM OFF ALREADY LMAO!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tero
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009 12:04:14 PM »

Lovin' these mittens, I have to find someone to make me a pair, then I have to move to where it is cold again. Smiley
Know what else I found out that you cant do whist wearing mittens......
Flick someone off. hee hee
It makes it almost impossible to be grumpy while wearing them. hee hee
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
juliminustheE
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009 02:02:22 PM »

I would die for these mittens. I really wish i could knit so that i could make them or have enough money to buy them on etsy. i bought yarn to try to make them but i failed, so i am throughly impressed with you and your skills Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aman.called.pan
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009 08:19:14 AM »

I recently made one of these mittens out of Jiffy... and hated it so much that I have yet to finish the pair, so I feel your pain.

These ones look lovely, though Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

liljinkss

Runs with scissors!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009 04:47:07 AM »

I recently made one of these mittens out of Jiffy... and hated it so much that I have yet to finish the pair, so I feel your pain.

These ones look lovely, though Cheesy

Thanks! I HAD to finish or my 11 year old daughter would have nagged me to death!! Try to use the yarn I did for the second ones! The wool ease is much easier to do the pattern with. Although the last two rows still had me cussing up a storm. Sssk?!! Crazy hard to do! Throw out the Jiffy and give it another go! Oxford Grey is what I used.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sdanorth
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009 08:06:23 AM »

I made mine out of Simply Soft Eco double stranded on size 8 needles. Now that I've got it, of course I want to do another pair with a nicer yarn, but at $1.00 a skein it wasn't too much of an investment for my first DPN adventure. I love yours, by the way, they're gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Natural Shell & Stone Jewelry Fresh From the Beach!
www.northbeachjewelry.com
On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NorthBeachJewelry
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Retouch in Photoshop
How to Make Big Prints in Photoshop
Photoshop tutorial
How to Removing Objects in Photoshop
How to Create Fairy Portraits in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...