A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,636
Currently Running With Scissors:
627 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A Puppy Welcoming & Tiny Assortment  (Read 842 times)
Tags for this thread: puppy , golden_retriever , palm , cross_stitch , lighthouse  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Listessa
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Summertime Slacker Crafter

Buried in Beads!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: November 11, 2009 10:37:10 PM »

This summer my mother surprised me with very exciting news - she adopted a new puppy!  (Now I have more incentive to fly back and visit.  I want to see the dog!)  So I decided she deserved a little puppy warming gift for Joy, her new dog!

The frame was a little darker than I wanted it to be, but it was all the store had on hand.  Even so it still turned out pretty well.  The pink lettering shows up a lot better in person and reads, "Welcome Joy!  June 4, 2009" (the puppy's birthday) and has my initials and the month it took me to stitch the piece in the corner.  She was so surprised when she got the package and loved it.  Joy also enjoyed a couple of toys I picked up and has a styleish new collar! 

After a prior winter of one big project, the Tetris heart, I spent my summer working on and off with a bunch of little one night type projects.  They look great on my walls now!

I picked up most of these over Memorial day weekend, so they were really cheep too.

I have a trio of lighthouses hanging around my kitchen sink now.  It's really nice, since it is up against a blank wall and now I have something that is all most as good as a window to look at.

Those are a few more palms added in to the bathroom theme!  The last one that is slightly larger than the rest was a lot of fun.  The kit came with all of the mounting bits, and I rather like the way it looks to cut and glue a piece.  I might have to try that with some other patterns I have floating around.

So that was my summer of minis.  It was a lot of fun and really satisfying to finish something in one or two evenings.  Now I'm onto another epic project.  Hope you get a kick out of these, they were a lot of fun to stitch. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to de-stash cross stitch magazines, particularly Cross Stitch Gold or New Stitches?  Please drop me a line!  I'd love to swap or buy some missing from my library!
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009 07:50:39 AM »

Yeah for adopting puppies! I love the puppy welcome. What a cool idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lisalady161
Domestic Goddess & Closet Anarchist

...it's beautiful, and so are you...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009 05:48:35 PM »

That is incredibly nice...both the piece and the sentiment.   And I love your little Lighthouses...they're really sweet!  Here in Michigan we have several lovely old lighthouses on our coasts, so it's a popular decorating theme!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

'First your pants, then your shoes' - Gary Larson, The Far Side
Listessa

Summertime Slacker Crafter

Buried in Beads!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009 06:48:00 PM »

Thanks guys!  Grin
I miss the coast, so the lighthouses help with that.  It's sort of funny, since for a while I couldn't stand looking at lighthouse designs.  I was over saturated by those designs when I worked at a beach shop in Maine one summer and the tourists were obsessed.  I guess I always figured I would never want to see one again!  Talk about wrong. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to de-stash cross stitch magazines, particularly Cross Stitch Gold or New Stitches?  Please drop me a line!  I'd love to swap or buy some missing from my library!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Crescendo Book Trailer
Regan Hoffman Offers Readers Some Words of Wisdom
Andrew Clements Talks About Smart Kids
Tyler Colman Reveals
Cindy Gerard Talks About Risk No Secrets
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...