A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,137
Currently Running With Scissors:
556 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Spell My Name Swap Round 2 Gallery  (Read 11555 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

quaggy
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2009 05:39:02 PM »

I made it to the post office and retrieved my wonderful package from jaders. 

First I was spoiled with an assortment of candy.  Who doesn't love candy?  she has included it all sweet, sour chocolate, and some I have never had.

I have had Nerds but never these flavors: Watermelon and Lemonade Wild Cherry
I love both flavors and hope I can find them here. Bottle Caps and Smarties are long time favorites. I have had a similar chocolate Carmel but never this. And I have not seen the Crispy Crunch Bar.  The gum called Thrills is new to me also. The comment on the package is It still tastes like soap.  I will have to think about this one before trying it.
I received the following for my name.  ROBIN

R......A beautiful hand knit scarf in red.  I love the color and length so much.  I love scarfs!

O......Owl Pin that she found at a craft fair.  This is my first needle felted item and I love it also.

B....Brown and blue tree painting.  I have another one that I received in another swap I am going to take them to work and hang them in my office. This one compliments the other one and is off my wist.

I... In the spirit of Christmas....Lime green jingle bell earrings.  I always wear earrings to work and love these. They are so cute and I love the color. I am not a grass green person but really like lime so these are perfect for the holidays. I have never seen any bells in this color before made into earrings.

N....Nicely scented soap!  These are made from natural Canadian ingredients and smell so good.  The green one is Merrymint Coconut and the exact color of the Main bathroom The light orange is Citrus surprise.  The whole shipping box smelt so good when I opened it.

Jaders thanks you so much for such a wonderful and thought out package.  I love this swap and can not wait until the next round.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jaders
« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2009 05:54:32 PM »

i'm so glad that you liked everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
quaggy

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: December 06, 2009 07:02:58 AM »

I realized that the word spelled out on the tree picture is dream. Found a little piece of the r in the box and have mended it. This was like playing Wheel of Fortune.  Thank you  again Jaders for a great package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

newydd
« Reply #83 on: December 06, 2009 09:36:14 AM »

Here are all the wonderful things I got from Melladh. First of all the presents in all their red and white glory:

And for M... *drumroll please*...

Monsters and Midwinter Mittens (modelled by my DS) Cheesy
These are so great!!!! I have already worn them to work (preschool) and used them to scare/amuse the kids ^^ Inspired of course by loveandasandwich's monsters.

for A...

Angel or Allegedly so, necklace.
It fits perfectly around my neck, and I adore the angel with the skull!

for R...

Random since I Ran out of time.
Fascinating new (for me that is) craft stuff. I'm guessing I will need a trip to Great Britain soon to pick out some more colours Wink

for I...

the Ivory peeper you spy with (i.e the EYE).
Am I to understand that you have painted the eyes yourself, Melladh? I'm totally in awe of your talent!!!

for the last A...

Agaric and the end of it all.
Super cute stickers Smiley I'm sure I can use these, Melladh!

and I even got some extras...

Poker chips.
I love the feel of these, their weight. Any suggestions as to what I could make of them? (Except necklaces Wink)

Wow!! This was such a great package all together. Thank you so much Melladh!!! And it didn't diminish my swap anxiety one bit. Tongue Luckily I had posted Melladh's package before I picked up mine. But then that was all planned by me, just in case. Wink
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009 09:54:40 AM by newydd » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a shop at Adorna.se. Come and check it out!! Smiley
http://adorna.se/stores/270

Would love to do personal swaps!
kayrun

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #84 on: December 06, 2009 10:11:34 AM »

two more terrific packages!
the creativity here never ends!!
Way to go, everyone!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

currently crafting for ....
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: December 06, 2009 11:14:30 AM »

I'm happy you liked everything Cheesy I did paint the eyes with my trusty sharpies, though I do wish I'd gotten to do a better job Roll Eyes I actually wanted to paint them with citadel paints but was afraid it would wear off, and then I used a super slim marker for the black but that immediately wore off in spite of being permanent marker! But the sharpies saved the day, and they ended up looking cool imo Cheesy Hope you'll get some use out of everything! Wink

Until you find out what to do with the poker chips you can always learn chip tricks Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
kayrun

« Reply #86 on: December 08, 2009 07:02:03 PM »

My package arrived, and it is a doozy!!
I am so excited with each & every letter!
You'll just have to hold your breath until I have a chance
to post pics.....
but wanted to go ahead & give a huge TY
shout out to Melladh!!!

okee dokee - -
here are the pics:
First of all, after reading Melladh's nice detailed note, I tore into the box I knew was cookies:

and had to take a pic immediately, bec. i knew those would not last long....they were SO good!  (and I'm amazed that I'm able to ration them out & not devour them all at once!)
Then we had the rest of the pkg:

K = Korova cookies
A = Awesome Fanatasy Film & wire (had something like this when I was a kid, and can't wait to try it again!)
R = Russian doll oven mitt (this is absolutely fabulous...such nice work, and I plan to use it as a wall hanging!)
E = Envelopes that she hand-stamped...very nice! 
N = Notebook....decorated in the steampunk style, I think?  I really like it!

I just love everything, Melladh!
Thanks for being such a great partner~
This was a ton of fun for me
(and thanks to all who convinced me to take part & not
just stand by & organize only.....)

« Last Edit: December 11, 2009 03:57:52 PM by kayrun » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: December 08, 2009 11:41:22 PM »

I'm so happy you liked everything! Grin I hope customs didn't charge you anything?  Lips sealed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
kayrun

« Reply #88 on: December 09, 2009 02:58:01 PM »

I'm so happy you liked everything! Grin I hope customs didn't charge you anything?  Lips sealed

Nope, not a penny!
It was waiting for me at my house!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: December 10, 2009 01:41:53 PM »

Received my second package! Cheesy This one is from newydd! It's for the second half of my name, SOFIE

First the gorgeous packaging!

I love all the pretty individual letters, I've saved them for later use.. Cheesy The explanation for each package is on the back of the letters.

S is for Same Same But Different

The color is a bit off in the photo, it's a bit more teal. They're really pretty. What material are they made of?

O is for Oh Knitty

Like one of my favorite projects listed in my profile! Cheesy

F is for Fire and Fur

A really pretty gasoline lamp or whatever you call them, and a really nice scarf that's going to be my dressed-up-in-the-damn-cold-scarf Cheesy I've got a favorite semi-dressed-up-shirt that I think it will go really well with Wink

I is for In Your Face (or On your face! coasters!)

Beaded coasters with felt backs Cheesy

E is for Eight different things (or did it say little things? I forgot!)

I actually NEED pins like those flower pins, there are some great skeleton stickers (mainly Nightmare Before Christmas), and well you can see yourself Cheesy
The bookmark is with scenes from one of my favorite movies Harold And Maude (that Newydd actually introduced me to one and a half year ago!) I especially noticed the yellow flower, to match Maude.. Cheesy

I love all of it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Fresh Cranberry Sauce - Fix my Recipe
How to Make Mashed Potatoes
How to Make Cajun Rice Dressing
How to Make Fresh Chicken Stock
How To Make Chicken Fingers
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Creating a Travel Journal
Eggs? Eggzactly!
Meatless Monday: Kale Yeah!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...