This spaceship, of the Battlestar Galactica inspired Viper look was made mostly with reused materials.
- fuselage = an old radio tower that the wind knocked down.
- wings = metal doors someone threw out.
- skin (covering) and dorsal fin = mdf board someone threw out.
- front tire = from a broken baby carriage.
- engine rotors = hubcaps off an old car.
- engines = old drums that weren't watertight enough for dock floaters, 3 old garbage cans and the bottoms from 3 water jugs & two rollup toolboxes someone threw out.
- nosecone = an inverted lampshape and a piece of plastic from a computer monitor stand.
- back of the canopy = the cover of an old humidifier.
- seatbelts = presumably from an old car (garbage picked).
- seat cushion = from a broken back massager.
Back wheels were bought, but from a surplus store (I think they were gears originally).
Also purchased: paint, fibreglass, glue, bolts, front of canopy & 3 more garbage cans.
Finally installed the avionics. Includes:
An old battery from a scooter. A few strobes (new) attached to tubing from old hand vacuums for turbolasers. Switches both new and old (from past hobby projects). Gauges from a surplus store. A solar panel (from my camping gear) to keep the battery charged up. My camera (has a built in Gyro), GPS and a magnetic compass.
Now I just need to add brakes and steering. (I know for most people, that might have been before the flashing lights)
Here's the new engine cover too (needs some paint still):