A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,968
Currently Running With Scissors:
459 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dilemma: White Walls and Can't Paint  (Read 3871 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AngelStorm
« on: April 21, 2005 11:42:32 AM »

Seriously looking for wall ideas for a rental house that can't be painted and everything needs to be removable.

Any and all ideas would be great... and any pictures of them would be awesome!

Thank you in advance for your help!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

copodenieve
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005 06:04:50 PM »

I'm a college student so I feel that pain in the dorms...we use wrapping paper on our walls (it's a little expensive to begin with) but a solid color or simple print is pretty awesome and makes a huge difference.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"No life is a waste. The only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone." Mitch Albom
livingin77
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005 07:01:16 PM »

you could hang strips of fabric with coordinated push pins, though that would probably get pretty expensive, though it could easily be taken down and taken with you to the next house.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
modkatie
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2005 10:48:24 AM »

here's a temporary method for wallpapering with fabric...

http://www.rentaldecorating.com/quick_fix_fabric_on_walls.htm
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SKN725
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005 10:25:22 AM »

This is such a common problem with rentals.  I once rented a building to use for an art gallery and craft store that had BROWN panelled walls.  Nothing looked good hung against them so I found a nice soft gray fabric and used some flat trim molding to attach it to the top of the walls   then stretched it to the floor and did the same thing.  By attaching the fabric tightly to the molding it did not take nearly as many staples to hold it up because I was only stapling the molding to the walls.  Nice tight nonsaging fabric--few holes in the paneling.  It worked out great and when I left there all I had to do was take down the molding and roll everything up.
You might also create fabric panels  by covering frames like you would to make an artist's canvas and hang them with sides touching to cover the walls entirely or use colorful ones with space around them as if they really were art work.  Good luck.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
materialistic
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005 10:34:39 AM »

You also could use paper. I did in my dining area Smiley
You can check out my post at: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=29069.msg242964#msg242964
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gladgirl
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2005 11:49:26 AM »

I had the same problem...I bought some cheapie canvases from AC Moore and Painted them all different ( but coordinating) colors in all different sizes. They are lightweight, so you dont need to happer nails in to hold them up... and you can take them with you when you leave! Plus it adds some dimension to your walls!

Good luck! Woudl love to see some pics when you're done!
e
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BRoKeNHeaRTeDLoSeR
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2005 08:19:19 PM »

i know this is late. but anyone else thats reading this that has this problem  i think this is really cool.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=29428.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thommoose
Moose

mind if I borrow your light green Sharpie?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2005 11:14:19 AM »

The frabric on the walls solution:  Quicker method--- get thee some carpet tack strips--- they're like .25 a foot at the Depot--- perfect for attaching fabric and making a nice straight rolled edge without much fuss--- can be attached in 3 or 4 spots along the wall- not so many holes--- and you can even arrange fabric with fun pleats and whatnot- to make that .50/yard cheapo muslin you spray dyed (or whatever fabric you bought already colored or colored yourself) really pop...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"...those that matter do not judge and those that judge do not matter..."  -unknown

"Can I do this? Or do I look like some sort of gay superhero?" - Sterling
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Violin Lessons - Different Parts of the Bow
What are the Different Parts on the Violin
Violin Lessons - How to Hold the Violin Bow
How Difficult is the Violin to Learn
Can I Learn the Violin as an Adult Beginner
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...