A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 305,890
Currently Running With Scissors:
400 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Star Trek Christmas Swap (sendout 9 Jan)  (Read 26558 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2009 10:33:11 AM »

I must be completely daft now, because I seem to remember a certain craftster begging for a Star Trek christmas swap when everyone else just moaned about the pre-christmas work load... isn't it so, aethelbergaHuh Grin Grin Grin

But I must admit that deadbathducky was a pain in the ass most convincing, too. Grin Yeah, now that its too late you feel a bit sorry about it, eh? No? Thought so Grin
I can't believe I let myself being talked into this... oh well, I guess if I hadn't caved in for a Star Trek swap, it would have been Sailor Moon... *sigh*

Two new swappers, welcome!

Knot all there, you advertised in the Trek-a-long? Can't anyone keep a secret around here? Grin As if this swap wasn't filling up fast enough... Grin
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009 12:09:34 PM by Ruby Copperhead » THIS ROCKS   Logged
kjlutz
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I am woman watch me grow!

I've got a smile on my face & trees all around me

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2009 10:55:45 AM »

Knot all there, you advertised in the Trek-a-long? Can't anyone keep a secret around here? Grin As if this swap wasn't filling up fast enough... Grin

Way to scare me I was worried that the swap was filling up while I contemplate whether or not I can join.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes you get to change the world, and other times the world changes you.

The only PhD I earned stands for Pretty Happy Dropout! Now starting new adventures!
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2009 11:10:24 AM »

Oh, don't worry, there is no such thing as too many Star Trek swappers, if the swap gets too big, I'll assign aethelberga to be my co-organizer, with just 5 points she will be terribly bored anyway Grin Grin
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009 11:11:14 AM by Ruby Copperhead » THIS ROCKS   Logged
kjlutz
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I am woman watch me grow!

I've got a smile on my face & trees all around me

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2009 12:50:42 PM »

Can you remind us jsut how big/small 5 points is again?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes you get to change the world, and other times the world changes you.

The only PhD I earned stands for Pretty Happy Dropout! Now starting new adventures!
DizzerSpinninRound
Proverbs 31: 10-31

Little M is growing in my belly! Due Feb 2013!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2009 03:03:37 PM »

yes please do because I am confused as mess about the point system.

if too many join, I can always take a second partner "^.~" I have a three week break in December.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2009 04:30:22 PM »

Funny you mention pointage, because I had initially planned to beg for people to cut it slack before christmas and keep it small... but then thought different and just shifted the sendout date forward Grin
Also, I just realize I forgot to include the point scale in the swap starter.

OK, the craftster point scale goes something like this:

Large is 3 points, Medium is 2 points and Small is 1 point.
Here's some guidelines to help you out

By Time
-Big = 3 or more hours
-Medium = 2 or more hours
-Little = 2 or less hours

By Size
-Big = A shawl, a shirt, a skirt, a set of jewelry with four to five items, a purse
-Medium = one single necklace or bracelet, a scarf
-Small = Earrings, stickers, wallets, pouches, bookmarks

There is also a scale that is oriented at what that craft would cost at a store or fair, but as this is very US-specific, it never made much sense to me.

There are threads in the swap question boards about the problem of how to announce points to ones crafts. It can be difficult. I always struggle with it, too, because I am a slow crafter in general.
Also, I love to send more than the required points, and I tend to feel bad if I send small items. Just right now, I have a package in the post for another 5 point swap, where I sent four items, two of them took me longer than three hours, one is a medium and got tossed in because I didn't like how the small came out, and one is a small. So I am way over the 5 point limit, and still, when I look at the other packages in the gallery, I feel like my stuff is not up to it. And that is the path to insanity!
(As I am your organizer, and you are supposed to love, revere and respect me, I will not tell you how far I have already come on that path Grin Grin)

So, I say now what I had wanted to say all the time: This is a swap at a time where noone should swap, because christmas will already turn us nuts, so I am very much in favor of sticking close to the 5 points!

You can always agree with your partner on sending more if you want.
But the idea of the swap is to send something like: one big and one medium; or a small and two medium  (has anyone else but me the urge to call the plural of medium media Grin), or a big and three smalls, and so on... technically, five smalls are possible, but please talk to your partner about this, as this is something she should agree on! Of course, if she says, that five small tree ornaments are her hearts desire, you'll be fine.

I hope this helps. Please ask if therer are more questions.

And DizzerSpinninRound, that's a great offer, thanks! That'll make partnering a lot easier, esp if we end up with an uneven number of swappers, or an uneven number of people who want to send within the US.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aethelberga
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2009 04:55:36 PM »

I must be completely daft now, because I seem to remember a certain craftster begging for a Star Trek christmas swap when everyone else just moaned about the pre-christmas work load... isn't it so, aethelbergaHuh Grin Grin Grin

Who me?   Roll Eyes  Very well then. Make it so.
Filling in my questionnaire now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aethelberga
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2009 06:06:50 PM »

Oh, don't worry, there is no such thing as too many Star Trek swappers, if the swap gets too big, I'll assign aethelberga to be my co-organizer, with just 5 points she will be terribly bored anyway Grin Grin

Everyone's a comedian!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2009 06:33:32 PM »

Hm, I just found a thread that discusses on the points thing, and learned that it is considered to be quite unusual to use... funny, I always thought it was the most common one.
Maybe I should rephrase the size like this:
Send more than just a bit, but relax. While it's not entirely low-stress, it's certainly not a huge swap. Keep it within a reasonable scale, not too big, not too small.

Hope that makes sense.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RikaHeart

" If the world is made of light and darkness..."

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2009 08:02:13 PM »

hehe I AM SO JOINING THIS! *Squeals* STAR TREK! *giggles*

RikaHeart, I was just about to PM you about this swap!  I didn't want you to miss out.   Cheesy

LMAO!!! I always keep my eyes on STar Trek Swaps XD I don't think I ever missed one yet lol!!!!

And Ruby, It's Star Trek! How it can not be relaxing and fun? xD

lol! my Chiweenie is named after a Engineer.. Trip Tucker XD my old dog disgrace the name of "Scotty" He was a dumb Yorkie XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to make Bacon Wrapped Scallops
How to Mix Excellent Cocktails with Xavier Herit at Daniel
Almond Butter and Berries Recipe
Crab Cakes Recipe
How to Make Better Bacon
Latest Blog Articles
June 29, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Summer Hat
Hedgies!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...