A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,020
Currently Running With Scissors:
583 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Here's an idea for a mail-free swap!  (Read 1639 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2009 02:49:38 PM »

I just don't really want to limit the number of designs a person can recieve.
1) I feel that everyone should have access to as many as they wish, but should specify which they are interested in  a list, say after a certain date. Each item, pattern, etc, is given a design #. That way the member PM's the organizer like this:
KLKING, Please send me copies of #'s 2, 5, 8, 12, 30 and 31
2)I think that there should be an initial sign-up period, where everyone just registers thier name, and what type of work they will contribute.
3) Then, we open up the gallery thread,for posting our patterns, etc.There would be a closing date on this.
4) As people respond to designs, they keep a list, being posted in the discussion thread under thier own post, which they then edit as they go. This will give everyone a sense of what's going to be didtributed, and the owner of the work can forward thier patterns as we go, and not necessarilly have to do it all at once.
**The organizer would first PM a list of e-mail addresses to everyone signed up.
5)Then there would be an opening and closing date for the finished work gallery. That way, the work is separated from the design phase.
6) All the designs posted in the prior  gallery  thread would be available by the general membership population, however they will not recieve private e-mails; Reqests for these could be given a minimum date, to encourage participation, and they would have to wait, Say: 30 days till swap closed, or not recieve them. And then it would be at the owner's discression if he/she wanted to respond.
However, they still could copy the items by hand, or electronically if site program allows.
7)As an added bonus, there could be a poll taken, and a prize offered,for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. place of finished work. I would be willing to provide something I craft as prizes. A mailed prize would then be sent. It would be something small, like a token award banner commemorating the "Mail-Free-Swap", Or maybe something else. Those prizes would be posted at the time the polling began.
8)This way, we don't have groups, and we don't have limits. But, we can also post as many finished works as we choose, or are capable of  entering in the final contest.
9)My Final thought is:  I think the organizer should PM each individual with the # of copies of thier work, and to whom it is to be sent. The recipient would track the items they recieve by marking recieved on thier Discussion post, as well as PM the organizer, to keep track of them.A simple graph chart would make this feasible for the organizer.  This would minimize the organizer's work. The whole swap would be simplified this way. I like to keep things simple, and let each person enjoy each other's offerings, to thier heart's content!
10) This is the way I had envisioned this swap, and I think the plan I've outlined will work, and also encourage people to join.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Glowing 70s Makeup Tutorial
No Mascara Makeup Tutorial
How to Get Bold Brows and Red Lips
5 Simple Ways to Clean Every Beauty Tool You Own
When to Throw Out Your Beauty Products
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Patriotic Planter
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...