A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,469
Currently Running With Scissors:
595 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 77
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2009 Secret Santa Wish List Swap Discussion & Gallery  (Read 52139 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gammykatie

I would be unstoppable If I could just get started

View Profile WWW
« Reply #550 on: December 23, 2009 11:18:57 PM »

As promised a few pages ago, I am posting pics of the most wonderful package I received from Stellou yesterday.....  what a beautiful way to end a very long, tiring day.

Everything just out of the envelope:

including this fantastic homemade card with a happy dragon and rainbow from Santa that reads; "Dear Gammykatie, Have you been a good girl this year? Love from Santa"

Then I opened the Gutermann Creativ bag to find - safety eyes!!!  I'm looking forward to using them, you'll see why later.

Next came the red package, A felt needlebook with lots of pages and a beautiful dragonfly embroidered on the back and a flower on the front

I can't wait to start using this... I have been embroidering on the bus and have had trouble keeping my needles strait in an altoids tin.

A project on which to use the eyes came next, a pattern for making sock dolls and their clothing. 

I can't wait for next year and some time to get started on this.

and finally, my favorite!  an amazing tea can filled with, what else, tea!  But on the outside of the can is the most amazing representation of an elephant.  I just love it!

Thank you sooooo much for the wonderful package Stellou!  You managed to get all of my favorite things in this small package.

Thank You to Craftydeb and Calluna for organizing such a wonderful swap.

Now, everybody who hasn't posted pics..... get off your duffs and show us your goodies. Huh Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We make a Living by what we get, We make a Life by what we give.  - Winston Churchilll

http://www.wists.com/gammykatie

2010 - 3/XX                     I won't read Blogs!
witchybelle4u2
I am the terror that flaps in the night...

"I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #551 on: December 24, 2009 02:04:04 AM »

I'm loving all the gorgeous cowls. Why didn't think to ask for one?  Smiley

We have a monthly Ongoing Wish Swap for exactly that purpose.  *hint hint*   

Why yes, I am trying to attract some new blood.   Grin

Oooh! Good point! It HAS been a long time since I've joined an Ongoing Swap...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Careful...there are occupational hazards to being a god." (The Transcendent Pig)
stellou
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #552 on: December 24, 2009 03:02:53 AM »

Yipee!
I received my last package this morning and once again it was gorgeous!
It comes from Canada and the code name was Bah Humbug! (my hubby's favourite saying at this time of year Wink)
Here is what I got
Some yummy recipes (I'll use a few for my New year buffet) a gorgeous snowflake ornament and some super paper ones. These were a bit crumpled in the journey hence I framed them BEFORE taking the pics

Close up of the extremely intricate angel (I didn't know it was possible to do that with paper Shocked)

and action shot of the snowflake in my tree (which has been sooooo enhanced by all the great ornaments I've received from you lot Kiss)

Thank you a tousand time marvellous secret Santa from Canada Smiley

I wish you all a very merry, pleasant and peaceful Christmas (My kids are bouncing of the walls already.....)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

back to quilting...hurray and I dusted my art material Cheesy
lapoli

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #553 on: December 24, 2009 04:12:59 AM »

Yay! Finally, no work until Monday which means time to post my overdue photos of my Secret Santa gifts!

This is the "bag bag" Smiley I received from spotnik.  I looove it and it's been quickly put to use!!

My other two packages were from Santas so secretive that they didn't even put a code name on the package!  Wink 

I received this absolutely GORGEOUS handmade wooden shawl pin.  It is absolutely stunning!  I love the shape, the feel.. everything!

I also received a needle roll for my double-pointed knitting needles which are in sad need of reorganization!  It's perfect!

Thank you, Secret Santas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #554 on: December 24, 2009 04:30:33 AM »

I am going to try to start leaving feedback soon - that will be a bit of a puzzle to put together in itself lol.

We have a TON of packages out there still marked as in transit.... it does make me wonder... who has received and not told me about it??!!  There can't be this many still in transit.  It will take me hours to track down each package. Remember - just posting in the gallery is not notifying your organizer!! I am not able to remember who did or did not message me that they received something - there are over 100 claims out there!!!

Three packages have not been sent.  After two weeks past the send out date a temporary negative must be placed in the feedback.  That feedback day is Tuesday, December 29th.  The feedback will be reversed once the package(s) have been received.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009 06:59:43 AM by craftydeb » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
MsMia

Christmas, Fall, and Winter Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #555 on: December 24, 2009 04:46:24 AM »

I love these wishlist swaps. I think I might get going on the Ongoing one next year

Now, dear recipients of my packages:
You don't know who you are, so this is more a general remark. I piad the higher grade of China Post to send your packages, but they are still delayed. I'm sorry they have taken so long, it's a real pain! Sadly, it looks like China Post might be even more delayed. I sent a scarf to the USA almost 2 months ago. It arrived yesterday. I sincerely hope this isn't the case and you get your packages some time in mid January.  Cry Cry

The US has been having a string of bad weather which I am sure is part of the hold up on delivery of packages.  Maybe they will arrive the day after Christmas.  Who knows.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #556 on: December 24, 2009 05:34:53 AM »

I made this shawl pin for lapoli.  I know that she has received, but she did not post pics.  This is the first time I've ever tried making something like this.
It is rough cut with a scroll saw, hand carved, hand sanded and hand burnished.  It has no finish on it at all.  It is zebrawood, so I tried to capture the stripes in the wood.  There is also no paint or dye on it.

It measures 5 1/2 inches from end to end. 

That is just gorgeous!  Wist!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vote now for the New-To-You Recipe Cooking Challenge!
iheartzb
« Reply #557 on: December 24, 2009 05:58:02 AM »

I promised a while back, so now FINALLY, here are the pictures!!!!

2 fantastic items from my list  Cheesy The first is a wall hanging that says "Dance Like No One is Watching" Which is the first part of my Stepmom's favorite quote. The colors match her living room too, so she should love it. THANK YOU secret santa, for helping me eliminate at least one gift!

The second item is an ornament that is also a picture frame. My husband and I always take a Christmas picture and I put it in his stocking in a frame ornament so that we can hang it the next year. I have had 1 day off(other than today) since Thanksgiving, so I haven't even had a second to look for one to buy.

Fantastic package received. . . all the way from Austrailia!!! Thank you secret Santa, who ever you are.

Also, that elephant tea can a few posts back is jusr amazing. I have somone on my list who would be very jealous of that.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

view my wist: http://www.wists.com/iheartzb
I have an Etsy shop! It is still very much a work in progress, but check it out anyway: Pretty Little Wishes at www.iheartzb.etsy.com
PixieVal

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #558 on: December 24, 2009 07:50:31 AM »

The past couple pages have been filled with just beautiful stuff! The snowflakes are my favorite, what beautiful detail-and they look stunning on the blue background in a frame. I also am very in love with that shawl pin, I wear shawls frequently, and didn't know there was a such thing!

I'm still waiting on 2 packages to arrive  Sad If they don't recieve them today, I think I'm going to send them a PM just so they know they are in transit, and haven't been forgotten about.

Casey1201- I picked the cowl from your wist because I've always wanted to make one! I hope it keeps you nice and warm. I made it long enough I think so it can go over your head, twist, around your neck, twist, and then around your shoulders. And I hope you can use the fabrics!

Playswithneedles- Thats the first t-shirt rug I ever made, and I had a blast. I tested it out by standing on it for a little bit before I set it to you, and it seems so nice and soft, I'm definately going to make myself one now. Also, I had some coupons for the book, so I couldnt resist. I hope its the right one from your list!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

schnerby
« Reply #559 on: December 24, 2009 07:59:41 AM »

Mine won't be getting there on time either. From other packages I sent before these ones I think they still have a week or so to go. Maybe The organisers could let our recipients know that we did in fact send!

I also haven't received anything, so the delay goes in both directions  Angry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Sketchbook Project 2012 My theme: Hope

I have hundreds of purple buttons (a few different styles). Personal swap?
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 77 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sandra Harper Talks About Over the Holidays
A Message From Heidi Montag
James Franco and Michael Cunningham Talk About Youth
Meet Author Jeffery Deaver
Charles R. Smith Jr. Reads a Poem by Langston Hughes
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #102-MissingWillow
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...