A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,713
Currently Running With Scissors:
603 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 77
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2009 Secret Santa Wish List Swap Discussion & Gallery  (Read 50420 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: November 28, 2009 09:41:17 AM »

I received!  Hee!  It was quite fortuitous, as I was looking out the window when the postal truck arrived.  I watched my postal lady walk in our lobby with an envelope and I was like 'ooooh - swap goodies, maybe?'

*bounces*  I was right!

Thank you so much, Secret Santa!!!  I *adore* everything (if my abuse of the exclamation point doesn't make it obvious!)

The whole lot - two zippers (eee!  I get to play with zippers!), a scrap of a pretty burgundy fabric, some lovely book fabric, a cute little card, and a domino pendant with 'Keep Calm and Carry On' on it!

A (crappy) close-up of the awesome pendant:

Sorry for the glare ... it was the best of the lot.  The colors are much darker in person.  I also tried to get an action shot, but ... yeah ... it's Christmas, not Halloween, so I wouldn't want to scare you. Wink  But, suffice it to say that I'm wearing the pendant as we speak!

Anyway, THANK YOU SO MUCH, Secret Santa!

« Last Edit: November 28, 2009 09:42:21 AM by kaz814 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PixieVal

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: November 28, 2009 09:47:25 AM »

Ahh!! Book fabric! I want I want.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

calluna
« Reply #152 on: November 28, 2009 10:25:27 AM »

craftydeb - i'm exhausted just hearing about your friday!  Shocked

pixieval - that series of events cracks me up--what luck! i don't know who had it worse, the people you whacked or you who had to live with the embarassment!

yay, more people have signed up, some I know (i just sent off ATCs to schnerby!) and others i don't! i'm so inspired by some of the wishlists...i can't afford all the secret santa-ing i want to do, though.  Embarrassed i'm working solely from my stash, so at least i'm not spending money (ahem, that means credit card, since i have no money...) on the actual supplies.

i love the book fabric too; in a different swap i received wrapping paper that looked very similar but fabric is all the better! where does that "keep calm" saying come from? it's so cute i assume it's british, Smiley but it's showing up on a lot of things lately and i don't know the source.

last night i dreamed i could do cool things with yarn, like knit or crochet. alas, it was just a dream.  Cry you can all be assured that i'm not your Secret Santa if you receive something made with yarn.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
PixieVal

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: November 28, 2009 10:55:08 AM »

I was curoius about the keep calm carry on saying too, and googled it. Turns out it was a motivational poster created by the Ministry of Information during WW2 to be hung up if the Nazis invaded England.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: November 28, 2009 11:52:39 AM »

pixieval - thank you for looking it up!  I sort of knew it was something the British govt put out, but I wasn't sure when, but the sentiment was one that I can usually do to remember more often!  Especially when crafting and something goes wonky!

yay, more people have signed up, some I know (i just sent off ATCs to schnerby!) and others i don't! i'm so inspired by some of the wishlists...i can't afford all the secret santa-ing i want to do, though.  Embarrassed i'm working solely from my stash, so at least i'm not spending money (ahem, that means credit card, since i have no money...) on the actual supplies.

I know exactly how you feel, calluna!  I have an ongoing list of things I want to make people, but it's the shipping that I'm wary of, at least until payday (which is the 16th!  Drat, a day too late!)  I'll see what I can do, though, to grant a few more wishes, if I get the crafting I need to do for Christmas done in time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

all cut up
« Reply #155 on: November 28, 2009 12:48:28 PM »

May I say once again, how much I hate Canada Post - the package I am sending in Canada costs almost twice as much as the package I am sending to the opposite coast of the US.  Hate Canada Post.

My package was .096kg over the limit and was going to cost me twice as much to send it.  I snatched it back and said I'd rework the packaging.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: November 28, 2009 01:09:23 PM »

Good thinking all cut up.  I would have totally done the same thing!  It is so not worth the extra fundage for shipping!!

Side note - just to let you all know what's going on here-
My father had a stroke today around lunch time - he apparently is doing pretty well.  My mother had given him an aspirin and I'm so glad that she recognized the symptoms because I'm not sure I would have although I am going to be finding out what they are since I don't want to be the one that just doesn't know and costs someone their life or their quality of life.  He was just released from the hospital and I'm waiting to hear from my mother again after they get settled back in their house.  The worst part is that they are on island right now which means horrific medical care.  They're flying back stateside on Monday so my dad can go to a neurologist and whatnot...

soooo.  If I'm a bit short when I get to respond to people I don't mean to be - I'm just kind of mentally preoccupied right now...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
calluna
« Reply #157 on: November 28, 2009 01:33:36 PM »

Oh no! I'm glad he's alright, but what a scare, and what a difficult time/place for it! Hugs to the whole craftydeb family.

I can't update the claims list, but if everyone could CC me updates on sending and receiving I'll be able to keep track in case craftydeb needs to be away with family things a little while.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: November 28, 2009 01:44:48 PM »

I should be good for a bit.  It sounds like he is okay but I'm on edge ya know?  I promise I won't fall off the face of the earth.  I just wanted to warn everyone so that if I'm acting a bit strange(er) than usual you all know why.  and calluna you are awesome  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
PixieVal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: November 28, 2009 02:27:37 PM »

I should be good for a bit.  It sounds like he is okay but I'm on edge ya know?  I promise I won't fall off the face of the earth.  I just wanted to warn everyone so that if I'm acting a bit strange(er) than usual you all know why.  and calluna you are awesome  Kiss
*hugs and beaming good thoughts your way*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 77 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make an Aboriginal Style drawing Part 2
How to Make an Aboriginal Style drawing Part 3
How to MASTER Drawing an Eye in 5 minutes
How to Oil Paint - Varnishing and Signing
How to Oil Paint - Cast Shadows, Stems and Edges
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...