A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,734
Currently Running With Scissors:
687 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 77
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2009 Secret Santa Wish List Swap Discussion & Gallery  (Read 50471 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

StrwbryMlkmmmmmm

saltthirstyslug

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #300 on: December 09, 2009 10:24:48 AM »

i got back home today, only to find that santa had struck again! i so <3 both of my santas! amaaaaaazing ladies that have spoiled me this year! i just love everything!
here's what i got this time:
(felt santa stocking, vintage jacks game, felt leaf garland, wist inspired felt mushroom in a jar, adorable picture frames based on my pets and favorite word, and missing from the pic is a cool jar full of awesome buttons)

up close of the mushroom jar:

AND a conan o'brien ornament which my niece had to hang as soon as i held it up:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3conan o'brien

In the end we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Casey1201
« Reply #301 on: December 09, 2009 10:28:08 AM »

So now that you all know what a Jar of Whimsies is, we will expect you in the Jar of Whimsies Swap!

That mushroom jar is so dainy and cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in personal swaps!

http://pinterest.com/caseyyoder/
StrwbryMlkmmmmmm

saltthirstyslug

« Reply #302 on: December 09, 2009 10:38:10 AM »

a jar of whimsies swap does sound like much fun, especially after knowing the description!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3conan o'brien

In the end we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
calluna
« Reply #303 on: December 09, 2009 11:12:03 AM »

A jar of whimsies is just a jar full of small things you can use to accent crafts or jewelry. Like mine has buttons, small plastic toys, beads...

Thank you -- I'd wanted to answer but couldn't adequately define it. (And, I thought, what if I've been completely wrong in my understanding of what is a jar of whimsies? I wouldn't want to spread misinformation.  Smiley) Notions, doodads, ephemera, findings, oddities--not only are they all things one will find in a jar of whimsies, they're also equally vague terms!

Speaking of "findings", I just learned that jewelry "findings" refers to a specific type of jewelry/bead supply, whereas I've been assuming the term just meant "random things used in making jewelry". So here I've been sending random stuff that people didn't ask for in swaps assuming it was all under the heading of "findings."  Roll Eyes Embarrassed

THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
pinokeeo

Best of 2013 winner, but this is just as good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #304 on: December 09, 2009 11:25:45 AM »

Hey Calluna, I love your new avatar.

Yeah, I was going to give the whimsy definition a try, but words failed me, too.  I've been in two of those swaps and got some fun little things, but still didn't know how to define it.

On another note, Gammykatie is very sick, so please send some healing energy her way.  She is asthmatic and got a simple cold that has settled in her lungs, so she's not doing well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindyv321
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #305 on: December 09, 2009 01:44:53 PM »

Hey Calluna, I love your new avatar.

Yeah, I was going to give the whimsy definition a try, but words failed me, too.  I've been in two of those swaps and got some fun little things, but still didn't know how to define it.

On another note, Gammykatie is very sick, so please send some healing energy her way.  She is asthmatic and got a simple cold that has settled in her lungs, so she's not doing well.

I will definately send some good energy her way.  My daughter had the same thing happen to her a few months ago and she almost landed in the hospital.  Thankfully we have a nebulizer and the Dr. gave her lots of meds for it + an oral steroid which helped a lot!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #306 on: December 09, 2009 01:49:22 PM »

I hope gammykatie heals up quickly - that just sounds miserable!
Positive healthy thoughts being forwarded..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
pinokeeo

Best of 2013 winner, but this is just as good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #307 on: December 09, 2009 01:50:04 PM »

On another note, Gammykatie is very sick, so please send some healing energy her way.  She is asthmatic and got a simple cold that has settled in her lungs, so she's not doing well.

I will definately send some good energy her way.  My daughter had the same thing happen to her a few months ago and she almost landed in the hospital.  Thankfully we have a nebulizer and the Dr. gave her lots of meds for it + an oral steroid which helped a lot!

We have the nebulizer and the oral steroid.  She got sick and was feeling better, went off on a business trip, and came back sicker than before. 

Thanks for the good thoughts.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009 01:51:51 PM by pinokeeo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

spotnik
Where did I put my pliers this time???

It's my cheese!

« Reply #308 on: December 09, 2009 02:25:33 PM »

Sending positive thoughts for gammykatie.  I hope she feels better soon - I know how miserable this sort of thing can be.

Speedy recovery gammykatie!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #309 on: December 09, 2009 07:04:38 PM »

So after a REALLY long day at work, I got home to see an awesome package in my mailbox!

I got the yummiest soaps from Casey1201, along with an awesome resin pendant and some fun extras! 

The soap on the brown fabric is peppermint (which I'll be using first as it's Christmas-y), then the rectangle one is French vanilla latte (so yum), the pink one is cherries and cream (ditto - it smells divine) and then the lavender sugar scrub (lavender is one of my favorite scents!)

And a close-up of the extras and the resin heart pendant - it has sprinkles in it!

Thank you so very much, Casey! I love everything. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 77 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Watch Us Try Oil Pulling
How to Minimize the Look of Pores
Males Doing Nails with Sophy Robson
Beauty from Around the World: Bubzbeauty
The Best Makeup for Your Eye Shape
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...