A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,362
Currently Running With Scissors:
582 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wedding Craft Ideas  (Read 3781 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ReinhardtEvents
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2010 08:13:40 AM »

Congratulations!! I know your wedding seems like it's far away, but it's going to catch up with you faster than you'd think.

The Christmas in July theme is super adorable! Obviously, right around/right after Christmas is the best time to pick up decorations for the reception (and is actually just about right on the suggested timeline to take care of decor), but I would keep an eye out for ornament sets that perhaps have a more "summery" feel to the color scheme - rather than just the stereotypical green and red.
I think a great idea for the cake topper would be to affix small ornaments on a base and maybe mix it in with smaller summertime trinkets, like seashells - maybe even top it with your monogram. Again, I would avoid the red and green color scheme and opt for elements of Christmas like wrapped gifts as your centerpieces/favors, maybe in metallic pinks and blues and silvers.
Bridesmaids gifts are easy! If your sister is willing to help you make jewelery, go for it! Make sure it's something that will match their dresses and go from there.
If you're in to the "ring a bell for a kiss" tradition, get jingle bells and tie them with ribbon in your colors!

And I would make sure your DJ plays "A Christmas Gift to you from Phil Spector" during the receptions - it's a VERY wedding-friendly Christmas album with nothing but cute Motown Christmas songs - and play the Charlie Brown Christmas album during cocktail hour. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nomishona
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2010 04:11:52 PM »

Congratulations!! I know your wedding seems like it's far away, but it's going to catch up with you faster than you'd think.

The Christmas in July theme is super adorable! Obviously, right around/right after Christmas is the best time to pick up decorations for the reception (and is actually just about right on the suggested timeline to take care of decor), but I would keep an eye out for ornament sets that perhaps have a more "summery" feel to the color scheme - rather than just the stereotypical green and red.
I think a great idea for the cake topper would be to affix small ornaments on a base and maybe mix it in with smaller summertime trinkets, like seashells - maybe even top it with your monogram. Again, I would avoid the red and green color scheme and opt for elements of Christmas like wrapped gifts as your centerpieces/favors, maybe in metallic pinks and blues and silvers.
Bridesmaids gifts are easy! If your sister is willing to help you make jewelery, go for it! Make sure it's something that will match their dresses and go from there.
If you're in to the "ring a bell for a kiss" tradition, get jingle bells and tie them with ribbon in your colors!

And I would make sure your DJ plays "A Christmas Gift to you from Phil Spector" during the receptions - it's a VERY wedding-friendly Christmas album with nothing but cute Motown Christmas songs - and play the Charlie Brown Christmas album during cocktail hour. Smiley

Thank you for the ideas!  And yes, there will not be red and green Smiley  I'm thinking about like a smoky blue and purples with like crystals so I guess more like a winter feel.  I love the idea of using ornaments for decor!!  I'll have to keep my eye out for some good ones this Christmas season!  And I think everyone will love the Charlie Brown Christmas songs (I watch that show every year, it's tradition!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy where I post my created patterns:
www.Nomishona.etsy.com
psycho_happy_kitten
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010 05:37:56 PM »

Congratulations! My boyfriend (Well, now fiance  Cheesy) proposed last Saturday, and we will be getting married next July as well.
For our wedding (so far) I want to make:
My dress
Favors (homemade jam)
Invitations
Centerpieces?
His tux (I want to either find one that suits his style or customize one).

Not sure what else... I will be shipping out for Navy boot camp this July though, and afterward (all the way past the wedding) I will be in intensive schooling for Nuclear Engineering so I can't take on too much. I am hoping to at least be able to do those things though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Warning: Attention Deficit Crafter.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
J.A. Jance Explains Her Writing Routine
Standing Still in Central Park
Love Anthony By Lisa Genova
The Death Sculptor by Chris Carter
Under the Dome by Stephen King
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...