A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,713
Currently Running With Scissors:
648 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: need help with centerpieces! Please help!  (Read 765 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hardyjenni
« on: April 17, 2010 12:26:35 PM »

So, my DH and I were going to use mirrors in the middle of the table, with 4 led votives on the edge or at the corners of the mirror.  Then we were going to put a short glass container or bowl and fill it with glass stones in our wedding colors and have floating candles in these bowls.  Well, we have the mirrors and votives.  but we have yet to get the bowls, floating candles, and stones.  Then, last night at a wine tasting, we scored a bunch of beautiful clear glass wine bottles (gotta love freebies!).  I was thinking about putting the glass stones in the bottles, and making origami cherry blossom branches to put inside the bottles.  Maybe tie some ribbon around the top of the bottles.  What do you think?  Too homemade?  Tacky?  Any ideas/comments/criticisms?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I try to be crafty in the kitchen! Visit my budget cooking page!

http://tinyurl.com/STLmeals
ReinhardtEvents
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010 11:52:20 PM »

I really do love your ideas! What are your wedding colors, if I may ask?

I think that if you are using LED votives in the shape of tealight candles, they would really shine with something over/around them than just bare and laying on the mirror. Perhaps you could make mini luminary covers with thin colored paper or put them in very small, colored votive holders? The color would reflect off the mirror and really shine!
I would, personally, leave it simple and use the wine bottles in the center of the mirrors surrounded by a few votives (three or four), and paint the table names/numbers on them, then put the stones and cherry blossoms in them. I think if you had the bowls with the candles AND the votives AND the wine bottles, it may look a bit too busy. Although I would, personally, have to see it first.

Good luck, and keep us updated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pantsafari
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010 11:26:44 AM »

I think the idea of putting an origami flower/branch in the wine bottles would be great. I think if you left them empty (or just colored stones) it would look a little boring. I do like the idea of coving the votives with some sort of thin paper shade or lantern thingie (maybe use vellum?). if you did some sort of origami to cover the votives it would tie in with the origami flowers in the bottle. you can also try putting the votives  closer to the bottle to see if it would look less spread out (it think it really depends on your mirror size) but definately play around with what you have and see what works best for your taste.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The never ending quest for pants continues...
hardyjenni
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010 01:10:35 PM »

Thanks for the suggestions!  My mom and I are going to experiment with them next weekend!  I'll post pics when we do.  Our colors are a light blue and several shades of pink (cherry blossoms vary in shades)

All of the metalware is silver.  And my dress and several accents are white.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I try to be crafty in the kitchen! Visit my budget cooking page!

http://tinyurl.com/STLmeals
snips and snails
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010 06:45:17 PM »

Here's a little inspiration picture for you! Wink I like the moss underneath!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Dark Dude Book Trailer
Narine Nikogosian Offers Simple Solutions for Tired Eyes
Stephanie McClellan and Beth Hamilton Reveal Their Most Noticeable Trait
Nene Leakes Talks About Never Make the Same Mistake Twice
Philippa Gregory on The Plantagenets
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...