A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 298,685
Currently Running With Scissors:
484 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wedding Gift - Napkins, Placemats, and Napkin Rings  (Read 1664 times)
Tags for this thread: napkin , napkin_ring , wedding_gift  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Babsy
« on: November 05, 2009 04:28:28 PM »

First off, I apologize if this is posted in the wrong area - it seems as if this section has all Wedding planning crafts and this is an actual Wedding gift, but I couldn't find where else to post it.

One of my good friends from high school was getting married and I decided that I wanted to make him something instead of just buying a gift or giving a gift of money - partially to make it more personal, partially to save money (hah!  that ended up not being the case).  The bride & groom were registered at Bed, Bath, & Beyond, so after browsing their registry, I got the idea to make them matching placemats, cloth napkins, and napkin rings.

I don't have too much experience with sewing - I can mend, I've used patterns to make things like my son's baptismal outfit, but this was kind of just a go with the flow thing and I was quite proud of how they turned out!  Especially being straight edges with straight lines on the fabric, I was afraid they would look all crooked, but they turned out good!

I really fell in love with the Napkin Rings that I made - each of them has a word on it such as "Appreciate", "Respect", "Honesty", etc.. and I thought it fit perfectly for a wedding gift.  I got all of the supplies for the Napkin Rings at Michaels.  I didn't want to give them away once they were done!

I also used a pattern to make a matching oven glove... but the oven glove would only have fit a child, so I didn't include that with the gift.  I stretched it and stretched it and now I am able to squuueeeeze my hand into it, so I figured I'd get some use out of it before throwing it away!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CaveWomanCrafts
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009 11:40:43 AM »

I really like the idea and agree that the napkin rings are beautiful!  I can't really tell what they're made out of...beads that are wrapped around the napkin or are they rings of beads?  Just wondering.
Great Job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Babsy
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009 05:21:37 PM »

What I did was I bought the pre-formed wire at Michaels used for making bracelets so that it would already have a curved shape.  I then began by twisting the wire around the silver ring with the word on it and threaded on some nice beads and finished it up by twisting the end back around the original ring again.  I kept them on a cardboard wrapping paper tube so that they'd keep their shape.  Maybe the picture below shows them better?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
CaveWomanCrafts
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009 10:53:23 AM »

Thank you for the explanation!  Grin Fantastic idea using the pre-formed, bracelet wire.  And I do love the silver ring with the word on it too...nice touch
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MargiePoo
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010 02:24:49 PM »

How pretty.  The charms are the prefect little touch.  I've got ideas flowing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn About Curling Irons
Learn About Flat Irons
Learn About Hair Coloring Tools
Learn About Hair Foils
Learn About Hair Styling Products
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...