A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 298,747
Currently Running With Scissors:
470 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Everybody loves resident evil! (first post)  (Read 1552 times)
Tags for this thread: costume , costume_idea , halloween_costume , craft_challenge_44_entries  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CelestialSpade
« on: November 05, 2009 12:22:25 PM »

This'll be my first post, i've been a shady lurker for like a year now. My boyfriend and I decided to be Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine sometime around July. We were Chris and Jill already so we thought it only appropriate that we choose these costumes to use as a couple. The entry is my Jill Valentine costume. Unfortunately i haven't been working on it since July.

I actually put it together in about 8 hours the day before Halloween. I did however chop off about a foot and a half of my hair a week in advance. Most of the costume consists of old black denim being sewn into straps. I used an old belt for the around-the-torso strap and I took apart an old backpack for the plastic clip in the middle. The shoulder pads weren't too hard to make, except that i didn't have a needle strong or long enough to sew some silver buttons onto them when i was finished. Then i just put on some appropriate looking clothes and used an old beret my boyfriend had. I printed out some STARS logos and pinned them on and TADA! I'm also planning on posting his costume in the recon section, his vest is an old skirt!

In progress photos:

The finished product:

And finally the wreck this process made of our kitchen table:

Thanks for looking!   Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011 09:57:22 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed links to images » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Woah.... that happened.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
H&M Designs Sustainable Evening Wear Collection
Man Bids $360k On Princess Diana Gown To Cheer Up Wife
Designer Spotlight: YANA K
How to Embellish a Blouse With Pearls Inspired by Chanel
AG Jeans and Liberty London Collab On Denim Collection
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...