These are a great project to help entertain the kiddies before Thanksgiving dinner and they add some Thanksgiving charm as table decor after!
Complete instructions on how to make them are here:http://www.newimageco.biz/scripts/silverware.exe/extpage@D:/DFS/ELEVCLIENTS/NEWIMAGE/ELEVATOR.FXP?page=PROJECT15
Here is how to make them:
1 12 x 18 Cocoa EZ Felt Sheet
1 9 x 12 Red Soft Felt Sheet
1 9 x 12 Tangerine Soft Felt Sheet
4 3/8" Diameter Google Eyes
1) Trace around your child's hand onto a piece of Cocoa EZ Felt twice.
2) Cut out hands from EZ Felt Sheet.
3) Cut corresponding slits on each felt hand. One hand will have a slit going from the middle finger to the center of the palm. On the other hand, the slit goes from the bottom of the palm to the center point of the hand.
4) Glue google eyes onto the thumbs of the hands. This will be your turkey's head.
5) Cut 8 Feather Shapes each from the Red and Orange Soft Felt Sheets. Also cut an oval shape from the Red Felt.
6) Glue feathers and oval to the turkey like shown above. Repeat for the other side.
You will have to recut the slit from Step 3 on one of the hands.
7) Slip together.