A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,875
Currently Running With Scissors:
542 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WoW: troll shaman and orc warrior  (Read 68163 times)
Tags for this thread: world_of_warcraft , costume , costume_idea , halloween_costume , wow , craft_challenge_44_entries  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

thebeatcowboy

what doesn't kill us makes us stranger...

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2009 12:19:25 PM »

Amazing job on all the details! I just made our costumes this year too(cloud and aeris), and after all the hard work, now that it's over, I feel empty inside ahah!

Thanks for posting the link to that tutorial too, I found her site to be very helpful for next year's idea!

I saw your costumes, and they look great!  The photo shoot is really good too.  I saw the closeup of Cloud's shoulders and thought, "Ah, antiquing: the one quick step that makes everything look KICKASS."  And I know exactly how you feel!!!  I think we should both take our costumes to a comicon to enjoy them a bit more  Grin

@ojy : Thanks for the perspective on the excesses of some cosplayers  Cheesy  I have to say, though, that I found a lot of really helpful information and resources on the forums of cosplay.com and some other LARPing sites.  Cosplay.com has some good tips on selecting and styling wigs, and the tusks I found through a lengthy discussion thread on a LARP site.  I'm not ashamed to benefit from the knowledge and experience of people who spend waaaaaay more time thinking about these things than I do.

The one thing I wish I could have found some insight on was a better way to attach the shoulders.  Both of them are designed as separate pieces from the rest of the armor, and are attached by ropes that hook in on the inside of the pauldrons.  Pugool's shoulders each have one rope running from front to back under the opposite shoulder.  Mine have a rope in front and one in back running from left to right, then another rope on each shoulder that goes under my armpits.  They were far and away the hardest parts of the costume to put on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alexus1325
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2009 03:38:24 PM »

THAT'S BLOODY AWESOME!!!!

/cheer
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ojy

E.C.? Meh. Spike is way hotter.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2009 06:39:05 PM »

@ojy : Thanks for the perspective on the excesses of some cosplayers  Cheesy  I have to say, though, that I found a lot of really helpful information and resources on the forums of cosplay.com and some other LARPing sites.  Cosplay.com has some good tips on selecting and styling wigs, and the tusks I found through a lengthy discussion thread on a LARP site.  I'm not ashamed to benefit from the knowledge and experience of people who spend waaaaaay more time thinking about these things than I do.

The one thing I wish I could have found some insight on was a better way to attach the shoulders.  Both of them are designed as separate pieces from the rest of the armor, and are attached by ropes that hook in on the inside of the pauldrons.  Pugool's shoulders each have one rope running from front to back under the opposite shoulder.  Mine have a rope in front and one in back running from left to right, then another rope on each shoulder that goes under my armpits.  They were far and away the hardest parts of the costume to put on.

There is some awesome advice on the cosplay.com forums, I agree. And, the best suggestion I could give for attaching armor pieces is good velcro.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009 01:40:08 PM by ojy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swaps:

-----------
Will do personal swaps to receive fabric yardages. Also, if you are looking for costume work, I will work in trade or swap. I have an available Singer Pixie, is anyone interested?
saxonsweetie
Can't talk... craftsturbating...

A Heathen Honey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2009 05:21:42 PM »

Fan-freakin-tastic! You did a wonderful job on those. Makes me wish my hubby still played WoW. Well, not really, but it would have made for an awesome costume. Seriously, you did great. Those costumes just look so amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

$4.95 Flat Rate Box Swap-I'm stuffing my boxes!

Fall Scarf Swap-Done!

Cat Lovers Swap- Please sign up! It will be tons of fun! Sign ups until Nov 20th. Send outs Jan 15th!!!!!
Ambri

Insert maniacal laughter here

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2009 01:34:11 PM »

OMG, that freakin' ROCKS.  Like Epic craft-tasticness!  I agree, too, that there's an over-representation of night elves in cos-play and 2D fan art.  About time someone did a bad ass troll chick! 

For the Horde!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soap is a 4-letter word.
fairweatherknitter
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2009 08:27:22 AM »

I saw this when the costumes were posted and thought.. i better remember this because I will probably vote for it!  And I did!  All the costumes were fantastic.. but I just loved your costumes so much and i wouldnt know a video game character if i tripped over it! woohoo!
Fantastic job! Good Luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
patchyemm
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2009 10:59:02 PM »

Totally amazing  Grin What incredible detail and what a LOT of work.  Wow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amazing_784
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2009 12:09:50 PM »

These are AWESOME!  I'd thought about doing the same thing with one of my WoW characters this year, but the time and money just wasn't there.  There are no words for these costumes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ricecakes
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2009 11:34:32 AM »

eep! i have an 80 troll shaman beauty also Smiley!

i am SO going to do this next year. thanks so much for this post <3

ps. i made this account just to let you know how awesome you are.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Browneyes54
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2009 05:05:32 PM »

Awesome costumes!!!! I love them! Best costumes I have ever seen in all my 18 years of life haha. But i must say Boo Horde! Yay Alliance! Haha, seriously guys though, awesome awesome costumes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jackson Taylor Reveals Who He Admires Most
Heather McDonald Reveals Her Previous Occupations
Susan Fales-Hill Talks About One Flight Up
Josie Brown Talks About Secret Lives of Husbands and Wives
Susie Essman Talks About What Would Susie Say
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...