A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 307,980
Currently Running With Scissors:
448 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Living Dead Doll  (Read 3247 times)
Tags for this thread: costume , costume_idea , halloween_costume , craft_challenge_44_entries  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

FruityLoops

... and that's why I don't like cricket

View Profile WWW
« on: November 03, 2009 02:45:53 PM »

Hiyas!!

Well, there's always soooo many entries to this challenge I almost didn't bother entering my outfit, buuuuut sod it here it is anyways Smiley  We didn't end up with a very big turn out to our Halloween party (unfortunately Halloween isn't big in the UK Sad) so I figured since it took me freakin ages to make the wig I could at least show it off here Wink

Um, so basically I'm like a scary dead killing doll thing Smiley  Here's the full length shot (please ignore the flip flops, doesn't really go with the costume, but since I was at home.....)

Costume:
- Wig made from 3 balls of massive chunky wool plus another ball of dk wool
- Tutu underskirt made from about a gazillion metres of many different colours of net including silver, red, burgundy, flourescent red, black.... 
- Apron made from white cotton with giant buttons and of course coated in bloody handprints and smears (though admittedly I realise now I should have put much more blood on it!)
- Skirt made from the most perfect black fabric with scary skulls with sparkly red eyes on!  Seriously like my favourite skirt now, I can't tell you how many times I've worn it since our Halloween party (which was actually the wk before Halloween)
- Top from my wardrobe Smiley

I made the wig using super massive chunky wool on a crochetted hat (instructions here).  In progress wig being modelled by one of my Uglydolls - Jeero Smiley

And finished wig.  I tied up the ponytails and attached a little skull to each which I had sprayed with black and silver spraypaint.

Awesome skirt fabric... the eyes are much more sparkly in real life Smiley

And final reminder shot (please try to ignore the multiple chins! Shocked)

Oh and the topic subject is a reference to Rob Zombie of course, and not Cliff Richard Grin
THANKS FOR LOOKING!!!   Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spicytaco
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Lalala...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009 02:58:02 PM »

Really great. I love it. Totally something I'd wear for hallowe'en. (Or, you know, to the mall.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*insert witty saying here*

I has Wist.
ulcdmj
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009 04:04:12 PM »

The way you made the wig is sooooooo clever! Neat idea really. I like this costume, I thought of making my daughter as one for next year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Squash and Onion Galette
@Home This Weekend: Etched Glasses
Horror Movie Crafts

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...