A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,698
Currently Running With Scissors:
510 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: square one  (Read 2598 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

chocoloka
« on: April 20, 2005 04:22:45 PM »

Well, I truly have read most of the information in the forum and posting instructions, and I just can't seem to figure out how to post pictures. (And to think I thought myself somewhat computer-savvy....)

I use a digital camera and when I plug in my USB it automatically starts the program to upload pix to my computer. I'm pretty sure they're in jpeg format... When I right click on a file in My Computer, it tells me that it's using QuickTime or something like that, but I don't see an option to change it. Ick.

So when I try to upload the picture, craftster tells me that each and every file exceeds the limit. Yikes!

I guess I'm not as computer-savvy as I thought!

Any help would be appreciated...I'd sure like to share my projects with you! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ph33lth3lov3

*when in doubt go duct*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005 09:57:20 PM »

what size are your pictures?
i don't know anything about craftster hosting, but photobucket.com has a photo resizer and allows you to upload and organize your pics.
after you register, you just upload the picture(s) into photobucket (the place to upload them is on the top of your account page). Toget your pics so they show in your post, you need to put the picture code inside the [img] tags. There are codes under the pictures, to post them on craftster you need the one with the [img] tags. just copy and paste the code into the window, and post! i use it for all of my pics.
it can be kinda tricky the first time posting, but we're all ready to help!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

let me see your gila
http://www.gilabuttons.com -your one stop button shop
jezebel7383
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2005 10:23:00 PM »

I too am confused about the picture exceeding limit thing. It's frustrating because I want to be able to share!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2005 10:33:01 PM »

What you need to do is go here http://www.craftster.org/pictures/ and in the upper right hand corner, there is a button that says "Upload Pictures" click on that. Then, to upload them, click on browse, and find the file in your "My Pictures" folder, you can upload up to three at a time, it looks like. Then click on the Upload/Submit button. It should load those into your personal Picture Gallery. If it says something like the picture was too big, you need to resize it, then..obviously resize it, I'll get to that later.

Now, to POST your photo! Start a new topic, obviously, unless you are just replying to a different topic. When it's time to put your photo into your post, click on the little square button (it's the second from the left on the bottom, right about the smiley's..make sense? ) and that should give you the letters img in between brackets, tehre will be two of them  Now, you go to your picture gallery, right click on the picture....go to properties. You will see the the Address: or URL now copy and past the address and stick that in between the two brackets with "img: in them,  then click preview, right next to the post button to make sure it worked!

To resize photos, this is the way I do it. Get your photo in Paint, then go to "image" and then "stretch/skew". you'll see a box next to the word Horizontal that says 100% and another one next to Vertical, same thing. I just lower both of them to 50% most of the time, sometimes 25%, and that normally takes care of it.

Hopefully this helped! If this is confusing, or you have any more questions, feel free to ask!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
jezebel7383
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2005 11:05:18 PM »

Somehow it makes more sense the way you said it! Thanks!!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2005 08:36:22 AM »

No problem, I too had trouble with photos, and when a kind craftster explained it step by step...I finally got it. Since then, I have devoted myself to helping photo-handicapped craftsters in need Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
jezebel7383
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2005 10:41:26 AM »

That would be me! lol  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GloryB
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I have a sewing machine, and I know how to use it

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2005 08:37:17 AM »

What you need to do is go here http://www.craftster.org/pictures/ and in the upper right hand corner, there is a button that says "Upload Pictures" click on that. Then, to upload them, click on browse, and find the file in your "My Pictures" folder, you can upload up to three at a time, it looks like. Then click on the Upload/Submit button. It should load those into your personal Picture Gallery. If it says something like the picture was too big, you need to resize it, then..obviously resize it, I'll get to that later.

Now, to POST your photo! Start a new topic, obviously, unless you are just replying to a different topic. When it's time to put your photo into your post, click on the little square button (it's the second from the left on the bottom, right about the smiley's..make sense? ) and that should give you the letters img in between brackets, tehre will be two of them  Now, you go to your picture gallery, right click on the picture....go to properties. You will see the the Address: or URL now copy and past the address and stick that in between the two brackets with "img: in them,  then click preview, right next to the post button to make sure it worked!

To resize photos, this is the way I do it. Get your photo in Paint, then go to "image" and then "stretch/skew". you'll see a box next to the word Horizontal that says 100% and another one next to Vertical, same thing. I just lower both of them to 50% most of the time, sometimes 25%, and that normally takes care of it.

Hopefully this helped! If this is confusing, or you have any more questions, feel free to ask!
Thanks littleone, I was having the same problem with too large a file.  I got my photo in my gallery allright, but now when I went to post it, all I got is that red X.  What did I do wrong?
Just wanted to add; after reading through other posts here, I got it working for me.  Now I can't imagine why it has taken so long for me to get up the courage.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2005 02:29:14 PM by GloryB » THIS ROCKS   Logged
chocoloka
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2005 09:12:18 AM »

thanks so much, littleone! thanks to your help, i was able to post a few pix! Smiley yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
onecraftybitch
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2005 03:14:46 PM »

Thank you so much for the instructions on how to post photos! There is no way that I would have been able to do it without your help!

You are the Craftster Picture Master!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Demi Lovato Inspired Messy Bun Tutorial
Holiday Hair Idea: Wild Twists
How to Get a Braided, Twist Pony
Try Dip-Dyed Hair Tips
How Master the Twist-Out Hairstyling Method
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...