A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,628
Currently Running With Scissors:
720 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: dresses, sweater, yoga-pants... first post...  (Read 902 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Juliska
« on: November 03, 2009 01:03:49 PM »

hello everybody! craftster inspired me to start to learn how to sew, I bought some books, took Mum's sewing machine and after nearly one year finally.... here is my first post:

first dress I made from Wendy Mullin's "Sew U Home Stretch":

(sorry, picture is a little bit dark...)

If you browse my gallery (click on the thumbnails!), you will also find another dress, a sweater (both from Sew U Home Stretch, patterns slightly changed), yoga pants (from Burda 7/2009), a shirt with reverse applique (inspired by this post: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=228970.0 ) and... ACTION Pics of the yoga pants

Wink
I hope, you like it
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009 01:07:46 PM by Juliska » THIS ROCKS   Logged
sparrowowl
Tutorial Contributor

shiny!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009 05:37:25 PM »

These all look great, so professional!  Is the grey dress made of a sweater knit, or a regular jersey?  What's the green sweater made of, and how'd you get the collar to stand like that?

I really like how cozy, useful and neat your clothes look.   Smiley  And nice handstand!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LuthienBlack
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009 05:51:00 PM »

Great work! I especially love the reverse applique.

I've been considering getting Sew U 2, as I use the first one quite a bit. Would you recommend it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Juliska
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009 01:52:12 AM »

Thank you very much for your nice comments!!!  Grin (I was a little bit afraid how the reaction will be... Wink)

To be honest, I don't know exactly the difference between sweater knit and regular jersey - the fabric of the grey dress is a little bit more heavy, very stretchy and came in a tube - I guess it's sweater knit  Huh
The green sweater is made of a fleece blanket  Grin  I think, the collar stands because this material is rather thick  and doesn't stretch very much and its a folded band...

I definitely recommend Sew U 2, if you want to have some basic patterns for shirts, raglans, hoodies and knit dresses, and they come with many suggestions for altering this patterns (similar to Sew U 1). The instructions are easy to follow, even for me (English is not my first language) and the patterns are rather flattering (at least for my body Wink ) There is also a lot information about sergers (I use a regular sewing machine)and working with knit in the big and whole... Yes, a very usefull book, like the first one!

Thank you again for your comments!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
3 Hairstyles That Will Survive Your Workout
Demi Lovato Inspired Messy Bun Tutorial
Holiday Hair Idea: Wild Twists
How to Get a Braided, Twist Pony
Try Dip-Dyed Hair Tips
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...