A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,549
Currently Running With Scissors:
734 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 215
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Project Runway (seasons 1-5)  (Read 208938 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

low_budget_diva
« Reply #410 on: March 09, 2006 04:27:26 PM »

I think its sad that overall there was a fairly disappointing lack of originality. 

Yeah! I think Chloe's best piece is the one that looks just like a Roland Mouret dress (the blue one). And there were Marc Jacobs moments all over the place.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When you are forty-two years old and you have five children, it's a slippery slope into sweatpants and a minivan. So I just don't go there."--Laura Bennett, Project Runway
BlueJeanBaby

Hello, lover!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #411 on: March 09, 2006 05:54:13 PM »

Ahhhh!  Shocked I didn't get to watch it tonight (or last night) so I didn't know who won. I didn't want to know until I watched it. I opened AOL Celebrity to find a pic of Michelle Williams at the Oscars and guess what the page said? In big letters, "Chloe Dao wins Project Runway"
 Tongue on them for ruining the surprise. I guess I can rant some more after I've seen the episode.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anjelle

Spread your wings & fly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #412 on: March 09, 2006 07:11:22 PM »

Alright, I admit it. I insist on re-creating at least one piece from each collection. Or -ahem- being inspired by at least one piece. (There's no way I could sew like that. Or buy that luxurious of fabric.) LOVED Daniel's white coat. Must have it. Somehow. Loved pretty much Santino's whole collection, which is crazy. Even loved a couple of Chloe's peices, despite the overall bad-flashback feel of her collection. Yes, a lot of the stuff was "safe," but... well, I'm not a designer, and I need some "classic" pieces to add to my wardrobe. So there.

I kind of knew Chloe would win, just based on her overall talent, skill, and business sense. Her showing was HORRIBLE, but thats just one show, and she can learn. And I agree with what has been said by others -- Santino has a following & it will grow. He's an awesome creative designer, and once he finds that happy medium between safe and outrageous, he's going to rock the world. (Even if he DOES act like a complete @** half the time.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Organize, de-clutter, cle-- OH! Shiny!
geewillikers
« Reply #413 on: March 10, 2006 04:01:19 AM »

I agree with you guys, Santino is and always was the best designer.  I think he's brilliant, even though he was mean-spirited at times.  His collection was obviously the most beautiful and well-designed (even though the judges tried to beat every ounce of creativity out of him), but there was no way they were going to let him win after all the crap they put him through.  It would have just made the judges look like idiots...besides I know that he's going to make it as a designer anyway.  He didn't need to win it, he just needed the publicity (that kinda makes it sound like he's a bad person but that's what he needed)  Anyway, Daniel V's stuff was pretty boring, too much like ralph lauren I think.  And Chloe is just the same old same old.  I don't really expect to see anything great from her, and what was with the huge pink thing she made?  Oh well
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not the end of civilization, but you can see it from there.....Robin Williams
PinkyK
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #414 on: March 10, 2006 11:16:29 AM »

Did anyone else notice that Michael Kors offered Daniel a job at the end?

Right after they announced Chloe as the winner???

THIS ROCKS   Logged

rhythmgrl
« Reply #415 on: March 10, 2006 11:53:38 AM »

Did anyone else notice that Michael Kors offered Daniel a job at the end?

Right after they announced Chloe as the winner???

Yes, which made me happy, because even though I know people thought he was boring, he's very classic and has a great eye.  Despite me thinking Michael Kors is a little bit of an ass, it could be a great opportunity for Daniel V.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

strawberry_bliss_0

Handmade is Haute Couture!

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 10, 2006 07:35:15 PM »

Honestly, I thought this season was a big letdown.  I'm glad Chloe won, so she can represent for all of us Houston girls, but her stuff wasn't all that.  None of the collections were.  I haven't even watched the last two episodes because I was so underwhelmed. This season was just not good to me.  I miss Jay and Kara Saun.  Those two have TALENT!!! 

And wasn't it cute how they both worked together on Project Jay?  They'd be the perfect business partners...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aribobari

feaaaar meeee.=]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #417 on: March 12, 2006 12:09:08 PM »

after the shower was over, my mom and i sat for five minutes staring blankly at the screen. Personally, ever since we had found out the final three i'd been saying, whatever as long as it is santino or daniel, i'm fine. Chloe...?! what will she do with the money?

did ANYONE else notice how EVERY SINGLE dress had cutting lines on the side of the boobs that you could clearliy seee? next time you watch the show, look, it's horrible.

santino..you can't make the judges happy  Undecided they tell you to tone it down, you do and they don't like it.  Roll Eyes

daniel, in my opinion, should have won =[ he did the very best job, had a wonderful collection, it was very complimentary and i loved almost all of it.

hehe.

but i agree with all of you when we say we will recreate some of those pieces!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BlueJeanBaby

Hello, lover!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #418 on: March 12, 2006 01:00:26 PM »

I can see why Chloe won. Santino's was pretty but it wasn't Santino. And Daniel...you were AMAZING all season! I was expected to be blown completley away and I really wasn't. What happened?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IzzyBella

Drag it out of the trash... and make it beautiful

View Profile WWW
« Reply #419 on: March 12, 2006 04:28:43 PM »

It seemed like, if Santino was humbled by the experience, Daniel went in the exact opposite direction.  He thought everything he had was gold.  I liked his collection, but the abrupt change in attitude left me cold.  At the end of it all, I was rooting for Santino.  His clothes were gorgeous, and he actually seemed to grow from the experience.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join the Project Runway Craftalong!  CLICK HERE!  Now with no deadlines!

Your girl finally got her Etsy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 215 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Studio Fill in Light
How to Understand the Concept of a Centered Subject
How to Create a Street Portrait
How to Create a Studio Portrait
How to Set up a File Structure for your Images
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...