A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,856
Currently Running With Scissors:
753 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Project Runway (seasons 1-5)  (Read 207951 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

inle_rah
« Reply #2120 on: October 03, 2008 12:56:32 PM »

I was really disappointed with last night's show.  Sure, all of the dresses had flaws.  That being said, I think there was a clear loser, and that should be the end of the discussion.

Having made it through this last challenge, I think there is a good chance that Kenley will win.  The judges clearly love her design aesthetic, and have kept her in the competition.  In a lot of ways I think that she has a lot of talent.  I think a lot of what comes off as attitude is really defensiveness, and I can sympathize, because if I was ever on PR, I would probably end up being the same way...the pressure would totally freak me out.  Of course, this is the reason I would never volunteer to do such a thing, but I am a pretty self-aware person.  Attitude or whatever aside, that dress was not good.

I am not quite sure how Jerell ended up as the winner with a dress that looked like it was going to fall off of his model at any moment.  The idea of it was interesting, and I can see how the layers were kind of petal-like, but it was not finished.

Except for the weird blue fabric panel in the back, I though Leanne's dress looked pretty good.  Managed to look both pretty and comfy at the same time.  Also, I don't care what the judges think, I like her muted color palette.  Not everyone wants to wear crazy patterns and colors all the time.

I liked the color of Korto's dress, but the fabric was problematic.  I didn't think beauty pageant, but it didn't seem as finished as most of her work.

I'd like to say that I would stop watching PR, but I said that two seasons ago, and again last season because I was so disgusted with the outcome, and as soon as the new season started up, I found myself drawn back in.  No willpower, whatsoever.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

about me
my wists
Ravelry
My Etsy
Personal swaps?  Yes, please.
badluck tenshi
« Reply #2121 on: October 05, 2008 12:42:22 AM »

I have to say I got impatient and watched the runway shows of their collections on youtube and was kinda disappointed.
In the past there's at least usually been something in each collection that would catch my interest but this year... I could barely watch it. Of them all I have to say I enjoy Leanne's style the most. I did kinda like Kenley's aesthetic in the beginning but it seems the more she tries to prove herself the more she strays from what attracted me to her work.
They all started so strong it just has me shaking my head asking 'What went wrong?'
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HSG
Global Moderator
Glass Crafts Moderator
Guest Blogger

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Oy Vey!

Margaritas & Facial Masks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2122 on: October 05, 2008 07:14:34 AM »

I have to say I got impatient and watched the runway shows of their collections on youtube
Okay, I had to look because I will miss this weeks show.

SPOILERS AHEAD

Leanne
Boring. The same look over, and over and over. The folds in the fabric really were not flattering at all. The colors of fabric were so muted they made the collection even more dull. The last dress was white, and the best of her collection, but it looked like it was ripped in some places on the hem.

Jerrell
Really did not get this at all. Things did not fit the models(bustiers that bounced like mad), the models were bad, the sleeves were too long to the point they were ridiculous, and the fabrics were uninteresting. His last dress looked like balled up toilet paper.

Korto
Was disappointed in the lack of umph in any of her designs. The colors, and fabrics were great, but nothing really stood out.

Kenley
Nothing new. If you saw the season you saw her show. Her last dress was unflattering, unwearable and just plain silly.

Who will win is a crap shoot.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008 07:16:58 AM by HSG - Reason: added jank » THIS ROCKS   Logged

B'H
Proud Army Mom, Hoaah!!!
My Etsy
Help Fight Breast Cancer
iampoison
Tutorial Contributor

Just a jersey girl without the acid wash.

"I believe you are in league with the butcher..."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2123 on: October 10, 2008 08:35:37 AM »

Okay, I am usually very anti Kenley because of her terrible attitude but I must admit I loved that wedding dress.

I am sad that Jerell didn't make it, yet I am happy that we have an all female final three. The fashion world is still full of men and it's nice to see more ladies make it this far.

On the home visits:
- Jerell's family and friends were all so sweet and (If I didn't know any better) I would say Tim Gunn was totally flirting with his sister.
- Korto's daughter was so precious! She looked so shy around Tim and the cameras but she can do a fierce little model walk.
- Leanne and Tim riding a tandem bicycle was precious!
- I did like Kenley's studio layout. Plus her grandma stories and photos were super cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just got flaked on for personal swaps so I am taking a break. ^_^; sorry everyone.
my shop: http://poisonandantidote.etsy.com/
eBay ID: rusty_buttons
My DA: http://chat-noir.deviantart.com/
My LJ: http://apatheticpoison.livejournal.com/
My wists: http://www.wists.com/iampoison
CraftyMcCrafterson

art should not exist for the sake of itself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2124 on: October 10, 2008 10:04:17 AM »

I loved the dress too...when McQueen did it.

http://www.zimbio.com/pilot?ZURL=%2FAlexander%2BMcQueen%2Farticles%2F24%2FKenley%2BAlexander%2BMcQueen%2BWedding%2BDress%2BDidn&URL=http%3A%2F%2Fmyitthings.com%2FYuli%2FPost%2Ffashion%2FIt_Dress%2FKenley_s__Alexander_McQueen__Wedding_Dress%3A_Did_she_or_Didn_t_she_%2F921092008134446302.htm
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://dianneofalltrades.blogspot.com/

Looking for dead pointe shoes.
HSG
Global Moderator
Glass Crafts Moderator
Guest Blogger

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Oy Vey!

Margaritas & Facial Masks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2125 on: October 10, 2008 10:11:57 AM »

DOH!!! Didn't they have an issue with Kenley earlier copying other people, and she claimed she did not read fashion magazines?

So Jerrell is out. After seeing his collection I get that completely.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

B'H
Proud Army Mom, Hoaah!!!
My Etsy
Help Fight Breast Cancer
CraftyMcCrafterson

art should not exist for the sake of itself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2126 on: October 10, 2008 10:13:24 AM »

^^ Indeed. Which is stupid. How are you going to know that your designs are original if you don't know what's going on around  you. She clearly used other designers as inspiration...heavy inspiration.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://dianneofalltrades.blogspot.com/

Looking for dead pointe shoes.
animegirlie
crafty nerdy girl

just make stuff!!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2127 on: October 10, 2008 10:25:42 AM »

Yes  - Kenley has already been called out on copying other people.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

New Craft Blog - best way to contact me right now is via the bloggie Smiley

Wists are a wonderful thing!

Want a sticker?
meepum

^me and j9crafts. yeah. I'm a superhero.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2128 on: October 10, 2008 02:04:45 PM »

STUPID.

I hate Kenley. She should have been auf'd like SO LONG ago.

Jarell should be going to fashion week.

Kenley copied that dress down to the head dress thing. WOW.

Plagiarism.

If she wins, I will be so pissed. It will disrupt the balance in my life lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meepum

^me and j9crafts. yeah. I'm a superhero.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2129 on: October 10, 2008 02:06:01 PM »

OH ALSO,

the bf pointed out that Kenley had no friends. Gee, I wonder why.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Watch This Instead Predators
How to Export Your Project in Premiere Pro CS5
How to Create a Custom Sequence in Premiere Pro CS5
How to Capture Footage in Premiere Pro CS5
Watch This Instead Review of The Last Airbender
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...