A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,514
Currently Running With Scissors:
660 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 215
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Project Runway (seasons 1-5)  (Read 209844 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CraftyMcCrafterson

art should not exist for the sake of itself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2110 on: October 02, 2008 10:15:40 AM »

I can't even fully comprehend what is happening...

My mom watches with me *yay Mom* and she said that the reason why they all get to make collections is because they all sort of equally sucked up (my wording) this last challenge. No one really stood out as great; they even had problems with Jerrell's dress and he still "won."

I think this season just sucked. I hope people read this thread and realize our discontent  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://dianneofalltrades.blogspot.com/

Looking for dead pointe shoes.
norahkate
« Reply #2111 on: October 02, 2008 10:30:19 AM »

aah!  my husband said when i got home, "your show is on tonight and they pick the top three for bryant park...what's bryant park?"

sidenote: he's a wonderful husband, isn't he?  Smiley Kiss

but i said, they probably won't - they're going to make me suffer just like last time.  (because, after all, it is all about me, right?) Wink
but i really hoped that they wouldn't.  it was a kind of fun twist last year, but now it just seems like a cop out.  and really, even though no one was great last night, can you honestly look at the whole season and put kenley (attitude aside) in the same category as the other three?  she just isn't that good.  okay, just my opinion and i'm done now.  but i have to admit, it will take a lot to get me to stop watching this show if it's on, regardless of how i feel about the judges' decisions!  i'm a hopeless addict. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for baby food jars (or other small jars with lids)
animegirlie
crafty nerdy girl

just make stuff!!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2112 on: October 02, 2008 12:40:14 PM »

well - I will say that I cheated and looked all 5 designers collections on the bravo site. none of them are perfect, but they mostly look good except Kenley who is too full of herself to back off the crazy dynasty look.

Leanne's was consistent with the designs we've seen from her in the past with some editing and a good structural look.

jarelle's was not as good as I think he could have put together from what he's made in the past.

Same for Korto...

Suede's show was awful

joe's on the other hand was really good - very salable. Not high fashion, btu I bet he walked out of Bryant park with either a sold line for a department store OR a job with a big chain that does their own lines. it was solidly department store. 

I'm sticking with my pick of Leanne as the winner even though I think the judges will give it to korto.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

New Craft Blog - best way to contact me right now is via the bloggie Smiley

Wists are a wonderful thing!

Want a sticker?
Fraugee728

I have crafting ADHD. Seriously.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2113 on: October 02, 2008 12:42:54 PM »

well - I will say that I cheated and looked all 5 designers collections on the bravo site. none of them are perfect, but they mostly look good except Kenley who is too full of herself to back off the crazy dynasty look.

Leanne's was consistent with the designs we've seen from her in the past with some editing and a good structural look.

jarelle's was not as good as I think he could have put together from what he's made in the past.

Same for Korto...

Suede's show was awful

joe's on the other hand was really good - very salable. Not high fashion, btu I bet he walked out of Bryant park with either a sold line for a department store OR a job with a big chain that does their own lines. it was solidly department store. 

I'm sticking with my pick of Leanne as the winner even though I think the judges will give it to korto.

I'm so confused...Joe and Suede had shows, too?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step one:  Collect Underpants
Step two:  ? ? ?
Step three:  Profit!

http://sometimessewist.wordpress.com
iampoison
Tutorial Contributor

Just a jersey girl without the acid wash.

"I believe you are in league with the butcher..."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2114 on: October 02, 2008 01:41:26 PM »

Same for Korto...

Suede's show was awful

Yes, Since fashion week is held before the rest of the show will air they give other contestants shows during Fashion Week. This throws the fans off and makes it harder to guess who will actually win. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just got flaked on for personal swaps so I am taking a break. ^_^; sorry everyone.
my shop: http://poisonandantidote.etsy.com/
eBay ID: rusty_buttons
My DA: http://chat-noir.deviantart.com/
My LJ: http://apatheticpoison.livejournal.com/
My wists: http://www.wists.com/iampoison
Fraugee728

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2115 on: October 02, 2008 01:47:32 PM »

Same for Korto...

Suede's show was awful

Yes, Since fashion week is held before the rest of the show will air they give other contestants shows during Fashion Week. This throws the fans off and makes it harder to guess who will actually win. 

Oh...ok, that makes sense.  I just didn't think that they usually had 5 people doing them.  Guess that post was also a bit of a spoiler...since it's telling us that Kenley didn't show...argh!  Didn't want to know yet Sad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyMcCrafterson

art should not exist for the sake of itself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2116 on: October 02, 2008 05:45:16 PM »

I wouldn't trust that ^^ you never know, they seem to try throwing us off all the time...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://dianneofalltrades.blogspot.com/

Looking for dead pointe shoes.
TheBon

We are without leeches or wenches.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2117 on: October 02, 2008 08:23:47 PM »

Oh...ok, that makes sense.  I just didn't think that they usually had 5 people doing them.  Guess that post was also a bit of a spoiler...since it's telling us that Kenley didn't show...argh!  Didn't want to know yet Sad.

Six folks showed at Bryant Park this year from Project Runway. Kenley, Leann, Jerell, Korto, Joe and Suede. Everyone that was still in the competition [as far as viewers knew] at the time of fashion week. Last season, Chris March there was 1 dummy show, the season before that there were none [all four competed at Bryant Park], the seasons before that there was 1. For some reason the timing was way off this season, so there are three dummy shows.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graphic designer, illustrator, all around nerd.

my wists!
I take pictures everywhere!
auroraskye

i'll make it to the moon if i have to crawl

View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: October 02, 2008 09:43:50 PM »

I liked Kenley at first but seriously I cannot stand her. She goes.. Oh it's just how I am. Well you know what? We all have flaws, but most of us try and CORRECT them. Ugh... so irritating. I hope she gets eliminated. I looked at all the shows as soon as they came out and Jerrell, Korto and Leanne are my pick for the three that compete in the end, and my favorite to win is Leanne out of all the collections. Hers was interesting, cohesive, well made (from what I can see on the damn tiny pics) and all of that good stuff. Korto's was fine thou a bit boring. Jerrell's was fun but eh.. I don't know.. it lacked something.

Overall I was disappointed, none of them knocked me out of my seat like last years did. Last year was the best season IMO. This season has been a bit weak.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Fraugee728

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2119 on: October 03, 2008 10:33:09 AM »

All I have to say is...yay!  I'm glad that it was actually 6 peeps that showed, so no one *really* knows yet Smiley  Thanks for the info!

Six folks showed at Bryant Park this year from Project Runway. Kenley, Leann, Jerell, Korto, Joe and Suede. Everyone that was still in the competition [as far as viewers knew] at the time of fashion week. Last season, Chris March there was 1 dummy show, the season before that there were none [all four competed at Bryant Park], the seasons before that there was 1. For some reason the timing was way off this season, so there are three dummy shows.

I liked Kenley at first but seriously I cannot stand her. She goes.. Oh it's just how I am. Well you know what? We all have flaws, but most of us try and CORRECT them.

I totally agree!  I used to really like her, but that's changed a lot since the beginning of the season...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 215 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Set the (Two-)Tone: Ombré Inspiration to Take to the Salon
Braided Headband Tutorial
Katy Perry’s Hair Colorist on Adding “Adult” Streaks
Discover the Cure For Dry, Lifeless Hair
How to Create the Sock Bun Hairstyle with the Wrap Up
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...