A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,745
Currently Running With Scissors:
452 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 215
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Project Runway (seasons 1-5)  (Read 209158 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ambimom

Knit, Sew, Spin but Pug Love Is Best

View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: September 25, 2008 07:48:13 AM »

I think last night's elimination was strictly for the benefit of television because it is soooo obvious that the three going to Bryant Park are Jerrell, Korto and Leanne.  Kenley is going to be eliminated next week.

The producers are exploiting her immaturity because Kenley makes for great TV.  Her behavior is clearly being "edited" for television impact. 

When she is voted off next week, I presume the producers anticipate a giant reaction from her. To be humiliated in such a public way will be agonizing for her. That's exactly what they want. They are purposely waiting to "auf" her while she still sees Bryant Park in her future.

Despite the outward bravado, I imagine she is actually quite insecure about her ability.   As rude and obnoxious as she is, I feel sorry for her.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I took the handmade pledge at birth
animegirlie
crafty nerdy girl

just make stuff!!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2091 on: September 25, 2008 10:16:01 AM »

I think last night's elimination was strictly for the benefit of television because it is soooo obvious that the three going to Bryant Park are Jerrell, Korto and Leanne.  Kenley is going to be eliminated next week.

The producers are exploiting her immaturity because Kenley makes for great TV.  Her behavior is clearly being "edited" for television impact. 

When she is voted off next week, I presume the producers anticipate a giant reaction from her. To be humiliated in such a public way will be agonizing for her. That's exactly what they want. They are purposely waiting to "auf" her while she still sees Bryant Park in her future.

Despite the outward bravado, I imagine she is actually quite insecure about her ability.   As rude and obnoxious as she is, I feel sorry for her.

I hope so - but husband is convinced that the judges love Kenley and Leanne will be auff'ed next week because the judges don't get her style. 

I was iffy on Kenley's pants until they came down the runway. In the studio I really couldn't see the front well enough to see if they worked or not, but on the runway MAN - I can't believe Kenley didn't' get sent home, just on workmanship alone! I wouldn't have worn those out of my house let alone put them on a runway.

Is it me, or do the judges kind of change the challenge when they start judging? the challenge was to create an outfit for another designer based on a musical genre. Once the designers got out there in their outfits, it seemed that the judges decided that it needed to be an outfit for an artist of that genre to appear on stage. wtf? sort of why I was pissed Kenley didnt' go home. Suede's outfit was "very rock star everyday" - Jarrell looked like Lenny Kravitz!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

New Craft Blog - best way to contact me right now is via the bloggie Smiley

Wists are a wonderful thing!

Want a sticker?
Ambimom

Knit, Sew, Spin but Pug Love Is Best

View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: September 25, 2008 11:09:43 AM »

I was iffy on Kenley's pants until they came down the runway. , , , I wouldn't have worn those out of my house let alone put them on a runway. , , ,

Cheesy Seeing the wonky front of those jeans I muttered to myself that they looked like something I'd sew, because I have worn ALL of my mistakes if for no other reason than to learn from them.  Gawd they were sooooo amateurish.   

But your husband's hunch may be right. Without Kenley in the mix as the designer everyone loves to hate, the show becomes boring.  However, Tim Gunn is one of the Bryant Park judges.  She'll never win.

. , , , judges decided that it needed to be an outfit for an artist of that genre to appear on stage. wtf? . . .

It was LL Cool J who decided that Suede's outfit had to be seen on stage, but I agree with you.  It was nicely executed and should not have auf'd him.  If my theory is correct, it's just because they want to maximize Kenley's embarrassment at the end.   

I cannot imagine selecting Kenley over Leanne. 

I still want Korto to win, however.  I'd wear almost every single garment (excepting the punk outfit) she's designed.  I love, love, love her stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I took the handmade pledge at birth
bluwave06
Tutorial Contributor

Fifties Twist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2093 on: September 25, 2008 12:03:50 PM »

I was disappointed that kenley didn't go home, she is just rude and Suedes outfit fit the genre of Jerrell's well. Kenley missed the mark extremely. But I hope she is auf'd next week, which is very likely.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Banga
I'm made out of Laffy Taffy.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2094 on: September 25, 2008 01:01:50 PM »

I cannot imagine selecting Kenley over Leanne. 

If they do this, I will never watch another episode of PR again! I agree that in the early episodes it seemed that the judges didn't quite understand Leanne, but I think they have come to see her as a big talent. Two wins in a row and top 3 several other times proves that. After her first few missteps she has grown and shown them real innovation. Kenley has not shown one iota of growth, and instead is (as we have all said before) obstinate and immature when faced with criticism. While I agree they kept her around for drama, I don't think it will be enough to send her to Bryant Park. I think J, L, and K could have there own little dramatic spats, but they also have talent and respect for each other, which is why I want to watch PR anyway!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Place an etsy order, enter CRAFTSTEROCKS & user name at checkout for free shipping!  Etsy! ~
Flickr ~Wist ~ Blog
CraftyMcCrafterson

art should not exist for the sake of itself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2095 on: September 25, 2008 01:45:15 PM »

I was so mad last night... I just can't believe how this season is turning out. I am pretty sure that you're all correct in thinking that Kenley is still on for drama but really...this long? I am gagacious (yes, I invented the word just for Kenley) every time I hear her speak. Her constant whining and general vocal tone is irritating to the nth degree.

Suede was my last favorite. I do like Leanne a lot. Her style is fresh and she has excellent craftsmanship. I don't really dig Jerrell's personality, though he has softened a lot as the show progressed, but I do love his fabric choices and silhouettes.

P.S. Did anyone else love the way Leanne walked that outfit? I almost died laughing...it was pretty great Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://dianneofalltrades.blogspot.com/

Looking for dead pointe shoes.
aliastriona_angerboda
Pirate Queen, Insane Woman, Complete Nerd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2096 on: September 25, 2008 02:13:46 PM »

P.S. Did anyone else love the way Leanne walked that outfit? I almost died laughing...it was pretty great Smiley

It was absolutely hysterical, I don't think I've ever seen anybody walk sarcastically before.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

iampoison
Tutorial Contributor

Just a jersey girl without the acid wash.

"I believe you are in league with the butcher..."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2097 on: September 25, 2008 02:14:23 PM »

While watching last night's episode I explained to my family that Kenley was being made into this season's 'villian'. As soon as that escaped my lips it hit me, she wasn't going to get auf'd as she deserved because they have to keep the villian around to cause drama. >.<

I wasn't surprised at all to see poor Suede go home, even though I thought his outfit fit the theme more so than Kenley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just got flaked on for personal swaps so I am taking a break. ^_^; sorry everyone.
my shop: http://poisonandantidote.etsy.com/
eBay ID: rusty_buttons
My DA: http://chat-noir.deviantart.com/
My LJ: http://apatheticpoison.livejournal.com/
My wists: http://www.wists.com/iampoison
Fraugee728

I have crafting ADHD. Seriously.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2098 on: September 25, 2008 02:36:51 PM »

I used to like Kenley...but everything went way downhill there.

I don't like her clothes anymore, and I think her attitude is atrocious.  She's turned into a grade A beeyotch.

At this point I'm pulling for Jerell...I love the fact that he gets it and his little sidenotes about the other designers are great!  Teehee.  I'm a little bored by Leanne and not totally convinced that I love everything of Korto's.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step one:  Collect Underpants
Step two:  ? ? ?
Step three:  Profit!

http://sometimessewist.wordpress.com
PinkyK
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2099 on: September 26, 2008 12:33:40 PM »

My theory on Kenley is she is young, gets really nervous and when she gets nervous she does this defensive too much talking or inappropriate laughing thing. Add in some creative editing and you have this season's villain. When I was her age I could have been portrayed just like her. I just wanted to prove to everyone that I can do it, I will achieve greatness and no one can stop me! Always fighting even when it was not necessary.....sigh.  I've finally learned in my old age to shut up; but, because I was once like her, I can totally emphasize.  Undecided

I like structured classic design so she is still my favorite, then Leanne, then Korto. Jarell is just so far from my personal style. I can appreciate his point of view but it is just not me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 215 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Snow Day Crafts for Kids
Arianna Huffington: Running for Governor
Arianna Huffington: 37 Rejections
Arianna Huffington: President & Editor-In-Chief, The Huffington Post
Homemade All-Natural Heating Pad
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...