A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 298,095
Currently Running With Scissors:
568 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 215
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Project Runway (seasons 1-5)  (Read 210523 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bluwave06
Tutorial Contributor

Fifties Twist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2080 on: September 18, 2008 06:28:35 AM »

I am getting pretty good at who is auf'd. But I didn't want neither to go home. Joe usually does a pretty great job, but I don't know what happened. Suede is getting pretty close. All my favorites were the top 6, I don't know if I can choose one. Kenley is annoying but I loved what she made, and the fact that the girl fit it well and was an exact mini kenley.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

inle_rah
« Reply #2081 on: September 18, 2008 07:09:40 AM »

I find it interesting that some designers have a very specific design aesthetic and when they make the same thing for every challenge get ripped apart for it...and others get praised.  I don't get it.  I liked a few things that Kenley did, but I am bored now.  I didn't think her design this week should have been top 3; it didn't say "edgy fashion buyer" it was more like "first day of kindergarten".  However, I will say, the girl can sew.

Korto's jacket was way cool, and I was glad to see a departure from her usual look.

I think Jerell's girl really did have the best overall makeover, and I liked the quirkiness of the outfit.

I like the idea of Leann's outfit, but not the colors.  I think the jacket could have been really cute.

The previews for next week made it look like Kenley was talking back to Tim Gunn.   Shocked  I hope that was just editing for shock factor and not actual disrespect for the man.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

about me
my wists
Ravelry
My Etsy
Personal swaps?  Yes, please.
darkdiva
« Reply #2082 on: September 18, 2008 07:28:17 AM »

I have stopped watching PR. I think this season is horrible. Inflated ego's without talent to back it up. I haven't watched in weeks (though I do check the PR website and Project Rungay to check out the fashions to see who stays & who goes)  Maybe because last season had so very little bitchy catfights and focused on the clothes, the designers so much more likeable and supportive of each other and the talent was increadable. The last episode of this season I watched I actually checked the channel to make sure I hadn't accidentally turned it to VH1.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ambimom

Knit, Sew, Spin but Pug Love Is Best

View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: September 18, 2008 08:11:45 AM »

Maybe because last season had so very little bitchy catfights and focused on the clothes, the designers so much more likeable and supportive of each other

Hmmmmm.....I seem to recall Christian "Fierce" Siriano had a lot to say about his fellow contestants that wasn't all that suportive either.

As for bitchy, you mean Kenley I suppose, ...this year's -- edited for television--villain. Perhaps next week's preview which demonstrated her contempt for Tim Gunn's advice explains how and why she got cast as the villain of the piece this year.

Frankly, Kenley is no more obnoxious than last year's winner, Chris "Fierce" Siriano who was equally rude and disdainful of fellow contestants. The only difference is that he was amusing and he respected Tim Gunn.

Tim Gunn is not always right about the judges, but his taste is impeccable and he genuinely wants everyone to succeed. If I were Kenley, instead of ignoring it, I'd pay a lot of attention to his opinion.

Kenley's got guts and she can sew, I'll give her that.  I wouldn't wear anything she has done and I much prefer Leanne and Korto's work, but Kenley does have a point of view that I hope matures as I hope she gains more life experiences.  If she remains as callow as she is right now, she's going straight to obscurity.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I took the handmade pledge at birth
animegirlie
crafty nerdy girl

just make stuff!!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2084 on: September 18, 2008 08:26:20 AM »

I've said it many times before on this thread I think, but I don't' like Kenley. BUT I am COMPLETELY fed up with her now. Her first round of giggling a few weeks ago, but damn girl! twice!!! AND getting your client in on the giggling. OMG! I'm pissed that they didn't call her out on it. How is that acceptable behavior?

Kenley's outfit made her client look fat and immature.

I loved jarrell's outfit.

I still don't get why they bagged on Suede's outfit - I liked it. BUT it wasn't appropriate for a photographer, especially a female photographer. You kneel down on the floor and fish stuff out of your camera bag in a dress that short.

also don't get why Leanne got slammed for looking matronly - did the judges not understand that the outfit she made was a sort 60's Gidget type outfit? She looked cute, but it wasn't up to the normal Leanne standards. I wish they hadn't poo poo'd her first iteration of the dress.

ARGH! seriously HATE her! Maybe I'm a little harder on her than I normally would be because she strikes me like the kind of chick who in an art school  studio critique would spew about how awesome her piece was and crap on everyone else's even though her art was mediocre. Can you tell I had a few in my classes at art school?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

New Craft Blog - best way to contact me right now is via the bloggie Smiley

Wists are a wonderful thing!

Want a sticker?
TheBon

We are without leeches or wenches.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2085 on: September 18, 2008 11:02:30 AM »

ARGH! seriously HATE her! Maybe I'm a little harder on her than I normally would be because she strikes me like the kind of chick who in an art school  studio critique would spew about how awesome her piece was and crap on everyone else's even though her art was mediocre. Can you tell I had a few in my classes at art school?

You have totally pinpointed why I hate her. I can even exact point to one girl from my studio who was exactly like that. Except on top of it she was scary and mean to the women and hit on all the guys. There was one professor who pretty much everyone loved and she would constantly treat him like Kenley treats Tim Gunn. Ugh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graphic designer, illustrator, all around nerd.

my wists!
I take pictures everywhere!
CraftyMcCrafterson

art should not exist for the sake of itself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2086 on: September 18, 2008 11:07:06 AM »

You have totally pinpointed why I hate her. I can even exact point to one girl from my studio who was exactly like that. Except on top of it she was scary and mean to the women and hit on all the guys. There was one professor who pretty much everyone loved and she would constantly treat him like Kenley treats Tim Gunn. Ugh.

Yuck. I had a few of those in design school myself. People who just project their problems. Like when Kenley said that Suede couldn't interpret design for his clients... um, that's what she can't do, that's why all her stuff is the same.

I'd also like to note that if there was one thing I learned in design school it's that my opinion doesn't count, it's not about me and what I want for a design. It's about interpreting the client's needs through research and observations. It's never about me and my color scheme or my preference. I don't even know what I truly like because it's just never up to me.

If Kenley doesn't get that she'll never make it. You have to know your audience and work your creativity through that not against that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://dianneofalltrades.blogspot.com/

Looking for dead pointe shoes.
animegirlie
crafty nerdy girl

just make stuff!!!

« Reply #2087 on: September 18, 2008 11:32:26 AM »

popping in on lunch break to say - thinking about Kenley more and how she's acting - I think she's just completely immature and insecure. The more people who get auff'ed the more obnoxious she is.

I loved Korto's quote in the preview "we're not going to tell her that ain't hip hop."

hee hee!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

New Craft Blog - best way to contact me right now is via the bloggie Smiley

Wists are a wonderful thing!

Want a sticker?
inle_rah
« Reply #2088 on: September 25, 2008 05:32:54 AM »

Wow.  First off, I think Korto made Suede look awesome.  She did a great job with his outfit.  The jeans looked fantastic.

Jerell's look for Kenley fitted her great, and definitely fit the pop look.  Between the two of them it's a tough call, but I think they picked the right winner.

Leanne's outfit for Korto needed to be glammed up a bit, but I can see how she might have been scared it might end up looking too costume-y.  I think the overall effect was cute, though.

Suede's clothing for Jerrell also needed more oomph, I think for the same reason (after so many comments about how things look like costumes, they are afraid to go over the top, even when the situation calls for it).

Kenley's outfit for Leanne was a disaster, as far as I am concerned.  Didn't look hip hop (it looks much like her usual outfits, except in pants form).  Also, it didn't fit Leanne particularly well, and the styling was a mess.

I think the wrong person went home.

I am rooting for Leanne, Korto and Jerell for final 3.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

about me
my wists
Ravelry
My Etsy
Personal swaps?  Yes, please.
smittenheart

Let go of what's already gone..

« Reply #2089 on: September 25, 2008 05:47:27 AM »

I agree totally wrong person went home..and Kenley's back talk to Tim was just annoying.. there should be respect for people that have already made a name for themselves..and to even sass the judges..she gets more and more annoying..

hiphop crossed with 50's diner chic..hehe

THIS ROCKS   Logged

its ME!!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=327537.0

http://cowandpigdesigns.etsy.com
http://cowandpigdesigns.blogspot.com
Soap licking is dangerous..please dont try it at home

will trade some soap for a superhero cape which will be used by the kid in my avatar ^^
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 215 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Play Solitaire
How to Fool About Whilst Being Pursued
How to Choose a TV Fan Site
How to Advertise Your Band on Myspace
How to Get a Show Back on the Air
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...