A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,560
Currently Running With Scissors:
686 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 215
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Project Runway (seasons 1-5)  (Read 208946 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

juju dalton
« Reply #2010 on: August 15, 2008 05:44:57 PM »

I have mixed feelings about Kenley, too.  I really like her and actually thought it was kind of funny (albeit rude) when she laughed at Daniel because they had been talking about how he always talks about his "impeccable taste".  I just hated it when partners sell each other out so it was especially bad when he threw Kelly under the train by talking about his "impeccable taste". 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
st4rl1ght
« Reply #2011 on: August 16, 2008 08:34:40 AM »

I officially HATE Kenley - she is not very original AND a total b**ch. I have literally been seeing that "pin-up girl goes modern" look for ages. AT least 10 years - or maybe it's just 'cause I'm from texas and that's were the rockabilly/swing thing really took off about 10-15 years ago. 

the laughing simply is inexcusable - it's unprofessional and just RUDE. Plus she's been buddies with Daniel ever since the beginning of the season - I can't BELIEVE anyone would do something like that.

I agree with you so much!

Her behavior was completely unacceptable, not to mention juvenile.  I am very suprised that none of the judges called her out on it - if someone is too immature to keep her mouth shut and wait her turn, then she should be the one to leave the runway.  I was really appaled when in the interviews, she basically called Daniel's taste bad.  She has some nerve saying that after they giggled through the past four episodes together!  But I do agree that someone should call her out, and as someone previously said, it won't be Daniel - I think he's too polite.  It would probably be Terri or Stella, neither of them seem like they take crap from anyone  Wink

However, what annoys me most about Kenley is the fact (I know this is old news) that she won the New York challenge.  I live outside the city, but I have been there many times and let me tell you - no one would be caught dead in that piece of garbage that she designed - not even in Grenwich Village!  Terri's outfit wasn't my style, but so many New York women would hop on that.  Not Kenley's martian suit!  And (now it's my turn to be immature) I don't like her bangs.  I love vintage style, but the whole Bettie bangs/red lipstick/flower combo is cheese, not cool.

Who else thinks Stella and Jenell (sp?) were robbed?  That dress was so awesome - I'm a prep, but I want it for myself!  I think I may try to make a knockoff of it!  The winning dress looks like something you'd find on any sale rack in Macy's, but Stella and Jenell's was off the wall!  I have to say, since Kelly got kicked off (which I blame daniel for lol), Terri and Jenell are my new faves.  Jenell's olympics outfit was innapropriate for representing America, but he can send it to me and I would wear it every day - it's my style. 

And I can't wait for Chris to come back - he was my fave from that season! I actually loved his use of human hair - I think it's a real statement, it looked sleek and sexy on the jacket, and if you think about it, it's a way to cut back on waste.  Beauty parlours probably throw out pounds of hair every day... maybe if we used human hair to line our coats, we wouldn't have to use fur  Wink  And I don't know about you guys, but I would love to design for drag queens - they're the only people as over-the-top as me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
momokins
« Reply #2012 on: August 17, 2008 09:39:09 PM »

Am I the only one who had a tear in my eye when Korto talked about America in the Olympics episode? This show really is a great opportunity. What a country, huh.

I DEFINITELY plan to use hair in my future work, as an alternative to fur and otherwise. Why not? It's warm, attractive, versatile, it can be cleaned easily. No one has to die in order for their hair to be used. I'm surprised no one thought of it sooner and promoted the idea.

Oh, anyone noticing the models? That girl Shannone can WORK IT, she should win for sure. Seriously look out for her on the catwalk, compare her walk to the others. work it work it
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008 09:45:03 PM by momokins » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi, you can call me Momo. I'm a spoiled-brat-turned-DIYer and a recovering shopaholic Smiley.

I love OOAK items.
PinkyK
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2013 on: August 18, 2008 05:47:10 AM »

Re: Models

Michael Koors was in this month's Vogue talking about the need of the fashion industry to embrace healthy size models. To me, it appears the models this season have a bit more meat on their bones. Still super tall and thin but not sickly.

I think the clothes hang better on this crop of girls. Well... Except for Stella's lace up leth-a pants with the hip bones popping out above the waist line. Ew
THIS ROCKS   Logged

iampoison
Tutorial Contributor

Just a jersey girl without the acid wash.

"I believe you are in league with the butcher..."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2014 on: August 21, 2008 01:35:38 PM »

I loved seeing Chris March in this episode (I still think he should have won fan favorite last season...he was robbed!) I really enjoyed this challenge and the models. They were all so spunky and very refreshing.

I felt the judges made the right decision on sending Daniel home. Although Keith constantly sends fringe dresses down the runway I felt Daniel's remark towards glitter and tackiness making him want to vomit was uncalled for. I was secretly hoping RuPaul would give him a smack down, I thought that was a disrespectful comment to his clients and to all drag queens.

As for the winner that was a tough one, I really loved the top three outfits. The kimono/samari outfit for Acid Betty was amazing, yet I also loved the nautical pink jumpsuit and firey red dress.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just got flaked on for personal swaps so I am taking a break. ^_^; sorry everyone.
my shop: http://poisonandantidote.etsy.com/
eBay ID: rusty_buttons
My DA: http://chat-noir.deviantart.com/
My LJ: http://apatheticpoison.livejournal.com/
My wists: http://www.wists.com/iampoison
PinkyK
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2015 on: August 21, 2008 01:39:23 PM »

I loved seeing Chris March in this episode (I still think he should have won fan favorite last season...he was robbed!) I really enjoyed this challenge and the models. They were all so spunky and very refreshing.

I felt the judges made the right decision on sending Daniel home. Although Keith constantly sends fringe dresses down the runway I felt Daniel's remark towards glitter and tackiness making him want to vomit was uncalled for. I was secretly hoping RuPaul would give him a smack down, I thought that was a disrespectful comment to his clients and to all drag queens.

As for the winner that was a tough one, I really loved the top three outfits. The kimono/samari outfit for Acid Betty was amazing, yet I also loved the nautical pink jumpsuit and firey red dress.

I agree with everything you said! I am also so glad so few of the designers played it safe. Most really went for it. That is a challenge I woudl have LOVED to make. I swear sometimes I'm a drag queen in a straight woman's body! I just love all of the over the top hair and make up and clothing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyMcCrafterson

art should not exist for the sake of itself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2016 on: August 21, 2008 01:46:41 PM »

I was sad to see Daniel go. He was one of my favorites but he really should have put more into that dress. He really could have glitzed it up. It was a great start for sure.

I am bored with Keith. Waiting for him to get auf'd...

Joe always does great work. I am glad he finally won one! His craftsmanship is always top notch.

Still slightly bored by this season though I loved the challenge!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://dianneofalltrades.blogspot.com/

Looking for dead pointe shoes.
animegirlie
crafty nerdy girl

just make stuff!!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2017 on: August 21, 2008 04:03:51 PM »

I agree with everything you said!

sounding in to say I agree with you too - I liked all the top 3 but I have to say, I think that the fire dress was the best and most appropriate.

The rest of my thoughts on this week:

1) The problem with Keith is that is just doesn't have his fancy art speak down. His dresses would play so much better with the judges if he said things like "deconstruction", "rebuilding the form", "what really makes a dress, a dress"
2) I kinda thought Leanne picked poorly - she should have gone with Acid Betty
3) I wanted to smack head a lettuce
4) some of the drag queens were still kinda hot when not in drag (Acid Betty).
5) Jarrell was bagged on way too hard in the critique. 
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008 04:04:44 PM by animegirlie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

New Craft Blog - best way to contact me right now is via the bloggie Smiley

Wists are a wonderful thing!

Want a sticker?
CraftyMcCrafterson

art should not exist for the sake of itself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2018 on: August 21, 2008 04:07:43 PM »

I will second that! HMM  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://dianneofalltrades.blogspot.com/

Looking for dead pointe shoes.
Banga
I'm made out of Laffy Taffy.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2019 on: August 21, 2008 04:20:32 PM »

I will second that! HMM  Grin

I third it! Haha!

I have to say this was the most entertaining challenge to watch! And I was thrilled that the gay pterodactyl comment finally aired. I'm glad Joe did finally win one, although I thought Terry's outfit kicked serious ass. Acid Betty is one FIERCE drag queen!

I hate to say that I am glad Daniel was aufed, because really, if you only want to make one type of clothing, why go on this show? You know it will require you to stretch yourself and go beyond your comfort zone. Even his solo cup dress (which I loved) was a cocktail dress, like every other outfit he followed it with. Poor sad boy. At least he and shorty shorts can go be together now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Place an etsy order, enter CRAFTSTEROCKS & user name at checkout for free shipping!  Etsy! ~
Flickr ~Wist ~ Blog
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 215 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Jamaretti Cookies
How to Make Wine-Poached Pears
How to Make a Chocolate Block
Paleo Poached Pear Recipe
Deep Fried Apple Pie Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...