A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,709
Currently Running With Scissors:
508 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 215
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Project Runway (seasons 1-5)  (Read 210000 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

inle_rah
« Reply #2000 on: August 14, 2008 05:17:55 PM »

I also like Jerrell's and Stella's dress the best.  It fit their model, showed a fine understanding of the challenge, and demonstrated the best collaboration, as well as being really cool and different.

I liked Keith and Kenley's dress, but didn't think it fit the challenge very well.  Evening wear - yes.  Day wear?  Not so much.

I think my least favorite was Korto and Joe's outfit.  I didn't like the proportions of the jacket, and the dress didn't fit right at all, it was all saggy around her back and on the sides.

Is it just me, or did it seem like the 2 outfits that ended up in the bottom were criticized for the very things which had gotten them chosen in the first place?  Like Blayne's outfit was too unconventional, and Kelli's outfit was too sexy...but it felt like that was why those designs had been picked - so were they set up for failure?  This season is confusing.  But I have felt mystified for many of the decisions of the last two seasons, so I should maybe be getting used to it by now.

In any case...Yay for Chris March coming back.  I miss him.  I am still broken up that he didn't win last season.  And the episode should be hilarious.  I can't wait.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

about me
my wists
Ravelry
My Etsy
Personal swaps?  Yes, please.
Strutter
« Reply #2001 on: August 14, 2008 05:48:17 PM »

What did you all think when Chris used human hair in his final collection?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyMcCrafterson

art should not exist for the sake of itself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2002 on: August 14, 2008 06:24:09 PM »

I say, hey, why not? Smiley

It was hair tracks. He didn't go scalping people or anything. I was surprised at how many people acted appalled.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://dianneofalltrades.blogspot.com/

Looking for dead pointe shoes.
iampoison
Tutorial Contributor

Just a jersey girl without the acid wash.

"I believe you are in league with the butcher..."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2003 on: August 14, 2008 06:30:01 PM »

I really don't mind the use of hair in fashion at all. I don't understand how fake hair is okay to be on your head but not on clothes. To me it's the same as using faux fur (just for the record I am against the use of real fur), and when the judges acted so immaturely towards it I was really shocked. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just got flaked on for personal swaps so I am taking a break. ^_^; sorry everyone.
my shop: http://poisonandantidote.etsy.com/
eBay ID: rusty_buttons
My DA: http://chat-noir.deviantart.com/
My LJ: http://apatheticpoison.livejournal.com/
My wists: http://www.wists.com/iampoison
inle_rah
« Reply #2004 on: August 14, 2008 06:50:55 PM »

I didn't think it was any more shocking than making a dress out of feathers...and the judges loved that.  I didn't understand their reaction to that at all.  But then, by the time that show came around, I was completely bewildered by the judging anyway.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

about me
my wists
Ravelry
My Etsy
Personal swaps?  Yes, please.
Banga
I'm made out of Laffy Taffy.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2005 on: August 15, 2008 07:18:38 AM »

What are the judges thinking this season? Every show in the past I've watched, I've at least understood their thinking with the decisions (except Jeffrey's yellow plaid couture dress). This season I just DON'T get what they are going for. I loved Jarrell & Stella's outfit (a REAL collaboration) and Blaine's as well. I have SEEN similar outfits on women here in Los Angeles AT STUDIOS!!!

the winning outfit was not that good - the back looked completely wonky, the belt was just not right, and I didn't think the colors in the top went with the colors of the belt and skirt. AND I don't understand how that looked studio exec business wear. Jarrell or Blaine would have been a better choice, not only were they well made - they looked the part!!

I think Kelly chose poorly in her partner - her dress design would have gone better with stella's style. seeing stella's sewing skills - I think she would have done a better job as well.

And to that I say ditto!
Plus, I had a feeling from the previews that Kenley was going to have a bit of a fall from grace, even if she was one of my faves. That laughter was so tacky and rude. Daniel looked like he was about to choke-slam her.

Also, quote of the episode: "I don't know if he is packing b@#$s or a vajayjay, but he needs to man up..." That was freaking hilarious, Terry! I just love her. Her style is classy and funky at once, her sewing skills are amazing, she has a bit of attitude, and a mouth. Just what this show full of boring people needs.

I completely agree with everything you wrote!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Place an etsy order, enter CRAFTSTEROCKS & user name at checkout for free shipping!  Etsy! ~
Flickr ~Wist ~ Blog
PinkyK
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2006 on: August 15, 2008 07:30:36 AM »

I LOVED that skirt with the black hair! It was so shiny and swishy. I could have lived without the hair on the sleeves of that jacket.  But..... it wasn't the hair per say that was my issue it was just too much stuff on one jacket.  As Tim would say, it was a lot of look!  Cheesy But ya, loved the skirt.

The amount of feathers Christian used kind of creeped me out..... those pants! oy! They were like crazy chicken legs or something!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

animegirlie
crafty nerdy girl

just make stuff!!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2007 on: August 15, 2008 09:08:12 AM »

the hair was sooo pretty, all swishy and shiny - no idea why everyone was grossed out by it. I was grossed out by christian's over abundance of feathers... A friend of one of my co-workers actually went to fashion week (she does shoes) and said that TONS of people had hair in their collections that season.

I officially HATE Kenley - she is not very original AND a total b**ch. I have literally been seeing that "pin-up girl goes modern" look for ages. AT least 10 years - or maybe it's just 'cause I'm from texas and that's were the rockabilly/swing thing really took off about 10-15 years ago. 

the laughing simply is inexcusable - it's unprofessional and just RUDE. Plus she's been buddies with Daniel ever since the beginning of the season - I can't BELIEVE anyone would do something like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

New Craft Blog - best way to contact me right now is via the bloggie Smiley

Wists are a wonderful thing!

Want a sticker?
CraftyMcCrafterson

art should not exist for the sake of itself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2008 on: August 15, 2008 09:39:53 AM »

I kind of hope someone calls her out on it. I don't think Daniel would, at least I hope not, because he seems relatively gentlemanly. They all hate her laughing anyway Smiley Maybe Terry could do it... hmm.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://dianneofalltrades.blogspot.com/

Looking for dead pointe shoes.
Strutter
« Reply #2009 on: August 15, 2008 01:47:39 PM »

I officially HATE Kenley - she is not very original AND a total b**ch. I have literally been seeing that "pin-up girl goes modern" look for ages. AT least 10 years - or maybe it's just 'cause I'm from texas and that's were the rockabilly/swing thing really took off about 10-15 years ago. 

the laughing simply is inexcusable - it's unprofessional and just RUDE. Plus she's been buddies with Daniel ever since the beginning of the season - I can't BELIEVE anyone would do something like that.

I have mixed feelings on Kenley. I love her look and find her extremely beautiful, but her attitude definitely turns me off from liking her. I do and don't like some stuff she has made.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 215 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Button Jewelry
How to Make a Bracelets
How to Make a Necklace
How to Make a Pair of Earrings
How to Make a Silver Ring
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...