A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,550
Currently Running With Scissors:
334 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 215
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Project Runway (seasons 1-5)  (Read 209851 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CraftyMcCrafterson

art should not exist for the sake of itself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1990 on: August 07, 2008 11:38:52 AM »

I don't get why they kept hat guy... WTF at least Jennifer's wasn't a costume. I thought that while her out fit wasn't Olympic enough it certainly didn't look like a ridiculous Mary Poppins/had a little lamb get up. I did get Nina's point about her not being able to separate her taste from the challenge but a few other designers have the same problem...

Did anyone else like Joe's as much as I did with the whole reverse appliqu on the skirt? He blows me away every challenge.

Anywho, at least Stella made it through Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://dianneofalltrades.blogspot.com/

Looking for dead pointe shoes.
Banga
I'm made out of Laffy Taffy.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1991 on: August 08, 2008 05:05:23 AM »

You knew as soon as Mr. Kors commented on how crazy hat guy blended fabrics in an interesting way, that he would get to stay. That irritated me! But although I did kind of like Jennifer she did completely miss the point of the challenge, as did Daniel. I would have liked to auf all three of them. I think that should be a new feature of the show when the bottom few made such appalling outfits. They should add a trap door to the stage for them to all fall through.

p.s. Kenley's dress? Snore, but I think she was playing it safe since she had immunity. I loved Terri's outfit, and I am SO happy Korto stepped up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Place an etsy order, enter CRAFTSTEROCKS & user name at checkout for free shipping!  Etsy! ~
Flickr ~Wist ~ Blog
iampoison
Tutorial Contributor

Just a jersey girl without the acid wash.

"I believe you are in league with the butcher..."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1992 on: August 14, 2008 09:17:23 AM »

I hate admitting this, but I actually liked Blane's outfit and I was surprised he wasn't kicked off. He really doesn't listen to his clients and it seems that (as Nina said) he can't get over himself as a designer. Although, with his tan dwindling, he looks much less crazy.

I am super excited for next week where Chris March comes back. I LOVED him last season. 

« Last Edit: August 14, 2008 10:28:27 AM by iampoison » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just got flaked on for personal swaps so I am taking a break. ^_^; sorry everyone.
my shop: http://poisonandantidote.etsy.com/
eBay ID: rusty_buttons
My DA: http://chat-noir.deviantart.com/
My LJ: http://apatheticpoison.livejournal.com/
My wists: http://www.wists.com/iampoison
CraftyMcCrafterson

art should not exist for the sake of itself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1993 on: August 14, 2008 09:29:25 AM »

I am super excited for next week's challenge too!!! I so enjoyed Chris March. HIS laugh is ok Smiley

This group is relatively un-interesting and Blane looks a lot better in a non orangey state.

I really liked the teamwork between Stella and Jarrell. I would totally have worn it. I thought it was going to win but I liked the winner that they chose. He is really talented I think.

What was up with Kenley laughing at Daniel btw? I didn't like her before and now I really don't like her for sure. Who does that? It's really unprofessional to even talk while someone is being critiqued let alone laughing like a goofball hyena.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://dianneofalltrades.blogspot.com/

Looking for dead pointe shoes.
juju dalton
« Reply #1994 on: August 14, 2008 09:33:16 AM »

I have never laughed so hard as when Terri went off about Suede!  It was kind of crude but HILARIOUS!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
animegirlie
crafty nerdy girl

just make stuff!!!

« Reply #1995 on: August 14, 2008 11:44:27 AM »

What are the judges thinking this season? Every show in the past I've watched, I've at least understood their thinking with the decisions (except Jeffrey's yellow plaid couture dress). This season I just DON'T get what they are going for. I loved Jarrell & Stella's outfit (a REAL collaboration) and Blaine's as well. I have SEEN similar outfits on women here in Los Angeles AT STUDIOS!!!

the winning outfit was not that good - the back looked completely wonky, the belt was just not right, and I didn't think the colors in the top went with the colors of the belt and skirt. AND I don't understand how that looked studio exec business wear. Jarrell or Blaine would have been a better choice, not only were they well made - they looked the part!!

I think Kelly chose poorly in her partner - her dress design would have gone better with stella's style. seeing stella's sewing skills - I think she would have done a better job as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

New Craft Blog - best way to contact me right now is via the bloggie Smiley

Wists are a wonderful thing!

Want a sticker?
bluwave06
Tutorial Contributor

Fifties Twist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1996 on: August 14, 2008 12:41:11 PM »

I too am wondering what the judges are thinking this season. Jerrell's and Blaine's were my favorites. I didn't like Keith's outfit at all, the top is hideous with that skirt. It might have looked better had he chosen a plain color and not a tie dye effect. But Stella and Jerrell's teamwork went well and I thought that they were the winners.

Blayne's outifit was another love, although he still doesn't take in consideration the client, it was well executed. I agree though that he is not as crazy once the tanning wears off. He actually looks normal and he has definately stepped up to the plate in executing wearable designs from his first "Sumo" outfit.

I didn't like Korto going off on Joe about the jacket. She was the seamstress of the jacket not Joe. Joe did his part. She was the team leader and it was her design so she didn't have to get all arrogant about the jacket comments.

What was up with Kenley laughing at Daniel btw? I didn't like her before and now I really don't like her for sure. Who does that? It's really unprofessional to even talk while someone is being critiqued let alone laughing like a goofball hyena.
I agree!

Next episode is going to be the best!!!! I have been waiting for that gay jurassic park phrase!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strutter
« Reply #1997 on: August 14, 2008 01:11:00 PM »

What are the judges thinking this season? Every show in the past I've watched, I've at least understood their thinking with the decisions (except Jeffrey's yellow plaid couture dress). This season I just DON'T get what they are going for. I loved Jarrell & Stella's outfit (a REAL collaboration) and Blaine's as well. I have SEEN similar outfits on women here in Los Angeles AT STUDIOS!!!

the winning outfit was not that good - the back looked completely wonky, the belt was just not right, and I didn't think the colors in the top went with the colors of the belt and skirt. AND I don't understand how that looked studio exec business wear. Jarrell or Blaine would have been a better choice, not only were they well made - they looked the part!!

I think Kelly chose poorly in her partner - her dress design would have gone better with stella's style. seeing stella's sewing skills - I think she would have done a better job as well.

I completely agree with everything you wrote!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinkyK
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1998 on: August 14, 2008 04:17:58 PM »

I am super excited for next week's challenge too!!! I so enjoyed Chris March. HIS laugh is ok Smiley

Me too! I LOVE Chris March!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

animegirlie
crafty nerdy girl

just make stuff!!!

« Reply #1999 on: August 14, 2008 04:30:32 PM »

Me too! I LOVE Chris March!

Mee threee!!! I can't wait to see next week's show!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

New Craft Blog - best way to contact me right now is via the bloggie Smiley

Wists are a wonderful thing!

Want a sticker?
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 215 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Cartoon Tiger
How to Draw Scooby Doo
How to Draw a Wolf Howling
How to Draw a Wolf Head
How to Draw a Panda
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...