A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,633
Currently Running With Scissors:
467 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 47
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cat lovers swap (singnups November 3rd-November 20th) Sendout jan.15th  (Read 28236 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gammykatie

I would be unstoppable If I could just get started

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2009 02:58:50 PM »

Oh, and if anyone has any tips on getting them to stop using corners as litter boxes, that would be great!!!!! (and how to get the odor out)

to keep our two girls happy, we have three litter boxes..... they sit side by side but they have come to terms with sharing - they pee in one, poo in one and both in the other....

you also might try a different litter... we use one that looks like rabbit food pellets - but it's made from recycled newspapers and smells like chlorophyll.... they both really like it.

As for the odor, the pet stores sell an enzyme spray that removes the odor.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009 03:00:08 PM by gammykatie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

We make a Living by what we get, We make a Life by what we give.  - Winston Churchilll

http://www.wists.com/gammykatie

2010 - 3/XX                     I won't read Blogs!
santacruzsugar
« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2009 05:42:23 PM »

The have this stuff called Nature's Miracle that gets the smell out of carpet and clothes and stuff. They have two kinds, one for skunk removal, and another for odors. I used to work at an overly priced pet store and we sold it there, but I've also seen it at our local hardware store (they have a pet section). I'm super lucky and my cat is very good about using her box...even if its not as clean as it should be.  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2009 07:53:51 PM »

Folks, all you need is plain white vinegar! It's about $2.50 per gallon.
This looks like a fun swap, but I haven't had a cat in years! My Dad feeds the strays, but that's about it! I had cats all my life, but not any more. I'll be watching this swap, it will be fun to see what everyone does.
Have fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

psychonmemphis
« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2009 08:08:49 PM »

This looks like a fun swap, but I haven't had a cat in years! My Dad feeds the strays, but that's about it! I had cats all my life, but not any more. I'll be watching this swap, it will be fun to see what everyone does.
Have fun!
just go down to the shelter,buy a cat or two and join Smiley or just grab on of those strays lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

13 Days of Halloween: co-organizing
Coraline swap rd 4: organizing
 http://www.etsy.com/shop/psychonmemphis
I would really like to swap for a quilt for christmas, i will swap anything from supplies,crafts to my etsy shop items! please pm me asap!
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2009 09:17:12 PM »

Have fun!
just go down to the shelter,buy a cat or two and join Smiley or just grab on of those strays lol
Not so easy! Mom won't let me have any pets here! Remember, she made me leave the dogs with a friend??? And Dad lives in Calif. too. Besides, if I took his strays, he'd have nothing left to do! Maybe I'll just have to settle for making a stuffed cat? Out of the book I got in the Vintage/Thrift-Store Lover's Swap!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bubblegum_phoenix
never admit defeat, just say it was artistic licence

do what you love, love what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2009 09:39:41 PM »

in regards with the cats using the corners of the room as litter boxes, it may be because they still smell cat smell. Try spritzing something like vinegar, or a bit of bleach there. Here in NZ we can get odor out spray and animal away spray, something like that may help.
When we first moved to the town we live in now, the girls had to use litter boxes instead of going outside like usual, and we just used plain old boring dirt  Smiley cheap, effective and good for the environment.
Spread out newspaper underneath though lol, Ceefer spent more time digging in the dirt than using the litter box for the purpose intended  Roll Eyes

Has anyone tried to spin cat fur before? I was thinking of learning to spin and giving it a go, be an awesome novelty gift "here, have some yarn spun from my cat" lmao
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/sasha_tilson/

glitter it, no seriously, just add glue and glitter, no one will notice
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2009 10:06:11 PM »

If you made a sweater out of it, can you imagine that when you go out, how many people will be allergic??? That is the funniest idea ever!
But, I Have thought of it!

But really, my mom can't have any animals here.Because she bakes for people! I'm going to  have to be happy with the birds outside, and the neighbors walking thier dogs.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009 10:08:17 PM by KLKing » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bubblegum_phoenix
never admit defeat, just say it was artistic licence

do what you love, love what you do

« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2009 11:54:53 PM »

If you made a sweater out of it, can you imagine that when you go out, how many people will be allergic??? That is the funniest idea ever!
But, I Have thought of it!.
would need a lot of cat fur to do that! I was just guna give em wee balls of spunky fur lmao. or maybe crochet up a teeny swatch lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/sasha_tilson/

glitter it, no seriously, just add glue and glitter, no one will notice
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2009 12:36:26 AM »

My mom actually have an adorable embroidered image of a cat, embroidered with cat fur. Since her cats are distinctly two-colored, she simply saved the fur in separate bags per color and then had someone spin it into embroidery floss ^^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
gamemom42
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2009 01:06:47 AM »

Have fun!

You could always join us and donate the things you receive to your local animal shelter or give them as a gift to a friend who owns a cat.  I love it when people give me holiday gifts for my babies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 47 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Homemade Soft-Serve Ice Cream
Bi-Rite Creamery’s Martha Stewart Sundae
How to Make Champagne Sorbet With Kimora Lee Simmons
How to Make Citrus Sorbet
Tiramisu Cake from the "Cake Boss"
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...