A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,552
Currently Running With Scissors:
606 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 47
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cat lovers swap (singnups November 3rd-November 20th) Sendout jan.15th  (Read 29110 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gamemom42
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2009 10:45:15 PM »

I love pics of kitties sleeping and yours sleeping on her face is just too cute. 

I can tell I'm going to do a serious amount of oohing and aahing during this swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bubblegum_phoenix
never admit defeat, just say it was artistic licence

do what you love, love what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2009 11:36:25 PM »

Im in, sounds like fun. The twin terrors tend to play with the boxes and wrapping paper I get with swaps (and hiss if theres fragranced stuff in the box  Cheesy Ive got fragrance allergies) so maybe they enjoy getting to play with EVERYTHING for a change (like Ive ever had a chance to tell them otherwise  Roll Eyes )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/sasha_tilson/

glitter it, no seriously, just add glue and glitter, no one will notice
doyouloveanapple
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2009 12:00:08 AM »

He's a white&silver tabby Norwegian forest cat about [...[

And I love icanhascheezburger Cheesy I go there for all my daily lols. I also tend to read ihasahotdog but that's never remotely as funny Sad

I LOVE Norwegian forest cats, such cute ears... and it's because dogs aren't nearly as great as cats.

But my boy is Ari

My boy is named Ari too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

New items added to my Etsy!

doyouloveanapple.etsy.com
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2009 01:49:06 AM »

OMG have to share this tip with everyone with cats !! Most know I am fostering kitties right now let me tell ya it is a CHORE to keep your  house from smelling like cats when you have TEN of the little fur babies in the house. We are scooping like four times a day at least and have four cat boxes to boot. Well the other day in the store I picked up this litter box deodorizer. It was big bucks but I was willing to try anything. It WORKS LIKE MAGIC !! Amazing at how well it keeps the odors down. I read the ingredients....Borax and orange oil.
Soooooo,,, haul your cookies to the grocery store, in the laundry isle you will find a box of borax for oh all of a buck 50, then head on over to the baking isle and get you a bottle of orange extract. Put the borax in a zip lock bag, add five to six drops of the orange oil shake the bag well to mix it all up. Poke some holes in the bag and shake over the litter when you change or scoop the box. Best cat tip EVAR !!!

Nice when it works, but be warned: A lot of cats seriously detest the smell of oranges, and some dislike scents like that at all. If met by scented sand they'll stop using the litterbox, and go elsewhere. >_<
(My monster is the other way around though, he much prefers scented sand.. he's a bit of a sissy, he always flies out of the box like it's the most horrible thing in the world, when he's left a smell there Wink )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
lindsayrose
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2009 01:55:37 AM »

I agree with Melladh actually, at least in the warning aspect. A lot of 'kitty repellent' sprays (the stuff that you spray on wires and stuff) includes citrus oil and scents. And a lot of home remedies say to use citrus because most cats hate it. I dont know though it's one of those individual things. It's crazy how picky cats can be sometimes. My Tuck WILL not drink out of his kitty dish, he drinks out of the wet tub, my glass, my boyfriends glasses, the sink but not out of his dish. We actually gave him his own mug of water up on our bureau. It gives him the illusion that he is having people water but it's actually his. Ha ha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2009 02:06:10 AM »

My Tuck WILL not drink out of his kitty dish, he drinks out of the wet tub, my glass, my boyfriends glasses, the sink but not out of his dish. We actually gave him his own mug of water up on our bureau. It gives him the illusion that he is having people water but it's actually his. Ha ha.

If his dish is next to the food, that's actually a basic cat hygene instinct. Having food next to the water means the water could be poisoned historically speaking (corpses rotting in water and so forth) so tigers are the only type of cat to whom it comes naturally to eat next to water... but they bathe too, so they're a bit weird Wink
Most cats will use a dish if it's next to the food anyway, but as a rule it goes against their instincts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
snowbird49908

crazy looks good on me

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2009 04:41:10 AM »

The little cross eyed one stole my heart  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All That I'm After Is A Life Full Of Laughter
As Long As I'm Laughing With You
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2009 04:42:30 AM »

I couldn't help myself, I signed up Cheesy

These are the only pics I have available right now, since I'm at work...

The boyfriend carrying the girl (Sassy, registered name Tass) and the monster (Qila, registered S*Poo Nai's Qila Rai Pithora) back home when they decided to venture outside my parents garden

A better view of the monster's size, he was still very young here, and note that he's not stretching out to his full length... (legs bent) The boyfriend is 180cm tall for reference.

And a poor mobile pic of the monster 'cause he looks so silly with his tongue out Cheesy

Now since the monster is so silly, I'm a lot more likely to talk about him.. Sassy is my little princess, and she's very self-aware. If she does something funny and you tell someone to look, she'll immediately stop. Same if you bring out a camera. No one's gonna catch her doing something undignified!

The first photo suggests she's the same size as the monster, but note that he's bent in half and she's all stretched out there Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tero
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2009 06:07:53 AM »

Your Monster is beautiful. Smiley
We have a Norwegian as well, he is 19 pounds at the last weigh in and is very tall as well. Smiley We love how very smart they are. He can fetch, and will come when he is called. He can sit, sit pretty, stand, dance and will fall over dead when my husband makes a gun with his hand and says "BANG !!! Dead cat"  hee hee it is beyond funny. Smiley We got him in Germany so his name is Jager da Rot.

Big boy is 23 inches from the tip of his nose to his rump. When he stands is hits the 33" mark and his paws are 2 1/2" wide when he pushes with them. Smiley He is a lover though and takes care of all the new babies that come in. Smiley

this basket is 27 x 18 by the way. Smiley

Him laying with our daughter when she was three. Smiley She is tall for her age too.

In the throws of dead cat for a bit of chicken. Wink

Great tip on the orange smell. I would have never known that, our ten cats here are fine with it. Goes to show how different kitties are. Smiley I guess you could try it with out the scent added to see if it is just the borax that does it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2009 06:54:15 AM »

Oh what orange fluffy goodness Cheesy

We can tell that Qila is clever too, in spite of being such a sissy (you've never seen such a cowardly cat - he's not a scared cat, he's just an extreme coward), but he usually isn't very interested in what we say, so he doesn't follow commands Wink When he's feeling well behaved he'll go away from the door when I tell him he can't come with me outside, but usually he gives me either a mischievous look that says he'll continue with whatever I'm not wanting him to do until I'm too close for comfort... OR if i ask him to do something he'll give me a look that says "I get what you mean, but WHY?". He listens more to my boyfriend, probably because he looks up to my boyfriend more than to me Wink (I'm bedtime-huggy-mommy to him, and during the day he's too cool to REALLY cuddle with me - he respects me, but he looks at my boyfriend with puppy-like awe)

He's optimized the candy-procedure though, we always tell him to sit pretty before he gets a treat (he doesn't do it on command alone, but if he sees the candy and it's out of reach he'll do it) so now he can't wait for us to tell him and just stands up on his hind legs as soon as we reach for his candy Cheesy I'm not saying he's the smartest cat you've ever seen, but you really can tell that he has that norweigan forrest cat intellect. Sassy seems smarter at first because she's self-aware and he's such a doofus, but when you know them you can see that he has a much higher intellect really Roll Eyes

Qila looks gorgeous in photos, but when you meet him in real life he has a slightly surprised look, with wide open eyes and a long nose, that makes him look really goofy Cheesy Not everyone see it though.
Remains from this silly look he had as a kitten
http://poonai.net/quil19.jpg
http://poonai.net/quil20.jpg

Wow, I really start ranting here Cheesy I love seing everyone's cats too, that's what made me have to sign up - even if I don't comment anything I just look at all the photos in a silly happy state Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 47 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Merry Marble Snickerdoodles Recipe
How to Build a Layer Cake
Foolproof Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe
Cinnamon-Apple Cake Recipe
Lighter Carrot Cake Parfait Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...