A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,717
Currently Running With Scissors:
630 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 47
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cat lovers swap (singnups November 3rd-November 20th) Sendout jan.15th  (Read 29264 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tygermane
Addicted to crafting

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2009 01:04:27 AM »

I to am stoked about this swap!!   Grin Grin Grin  This is my first swap!! And I have a whoping 6 cats, yes I'm the crazy cat lady!! I couldn't bear to part with the little darlings after they were born.  They think I'm mommy, and are so lovey!!  But my boy is Ari, a striped tabby/siamese mix, I love his coloring!!
Here's Ari!

and here's all of 'em (mommy's the striped tabbyw/the pink collar)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

zombiecazz
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2009 08:01:20 AM »

I to am stoked about this swap!!   Grin Grin Grin  This is my first swap!! And I have a whoping 6 cats, yes I'm the crazy cat lady!! I couldn't bear to part with the little darlings after they were born.  They think I'm mommy, and are so lovey!!  But my boy is Ari, a striped tabby/siamese mix, I love his coloring!!
Here's Ari!

OMG thank goodness I'm not the only one. My cat had kittens on the 25th of May 3 black boys, one stripy tabby boy and a tabby girl. They're all my babies and we adore them.  Grin
Unfortunately mummy cat decided she hated all the kittens haning around and she moved out. I still see her and pet her at any given chance but she refuses to come home. Cry
I'm crazier though we have 8 cats  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tero

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2009 12:00:48 PM »

ha ha this is my kind of club !! I have TEN right now. Smiley We had four cats and I lost my best friend. She passed on two months ago and I was devastated. She was 15 years old and the heart beat of my little world.
Well I waited a few weeks but was getting really depressed so started looking for another black kitty cat. I discovered that they are putting down 90 plus cats a WEEK here locally. SO I signed up to be a foster Mom. The few I can save sure doesn't seem like much in the big pictures but at least they are not in the numbers. We took in three the first time and when they moved on I took in a Mama and five kittens. Smiley THEN I found my tiny black kitten so took her in too. Smiley SO that is brings us up to TEN.
Now some of those will move on to forever homes but a few are going to stay as well. It is looking like we will have six when all is said and done.
So glad to be in a "flock" hee hee
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
Tero

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2009 04:21:44 PM »

OMG have to share this tip with everyone with cats !! Most know I am fostering kitties right now let me tell ya it is a CHORE to keep your  house from smelling like cats when you have TEN of the little fur babies in the house. We are scooping like four times a day at least and have four cat boxes to boot. Well the other day in the store I picked up this litter box deodorizer. It was big bucks but I was willing to try anything. It WORKS LIKE MAGIC !! Amazing at how well it keeps the odors down. I read the ingredients....Borax and orange oil.
Soooooo,,, haul your cookies to the grocery store, in the laundry isle you will find a box of borax for oh all of a buck 50, then head on over to the baking isle and get you a bottle of orange extract. Put the borax in a zip lock bag, add five to six drops of the orange oil shake the bag well to mix it all up. Poke some holes in the bag and shake over the litter when you change or scoop the box. Best cat tip EVAR !!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
saxonsweetie
Can't talk... craftsturbating...

A Heathen Honey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2009 04:37:03 PM »

Thank you so much for the tip Tero! I only have 3 cats (ha, only 3... if my husband knew I had written that...) but my house is tiny, so they can get pretty stinky, especially since my little girl is too prissy to cover her poops. We go through cat litter like gangbusters here, so I will have to try that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

$4.95 Flat Rate Box Swap-I'm stuffing my boxes!

Fall Scarf Swap-Done!

Cat Lovers Swap- Please sign up! It will be tons of fun! Sign ups until Nov 20th. Send outs Jan 15th!!!!!
notanotherxerox
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2009 05:49:11 PM »

Ari is beautiful! I've never seen a cat with that kind of coloring before.
I have 6 cats too and I'm so jealous of your picture with all of them in a circle!!!!! I'm lucky if I can get more than 2 of them in the same picture:(
-Tabitha
I to am stoked about this swap!!   Grin Grin Grin  This is my first swap!! And I have a whoping 6 cats, yes I'm the crazy cat lady!! I couldn't bear to part with the little darlings after they were born.  They think I'm mommy, and are so lovey!!  But my boy is Ari, a striped tabby/siamese mix, I love his coloring!!
Here's Ari!

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/129895_08Nov09_0925091344a.jpg

and here's all of 'em (mommy's the striped tabbyw/the pink collar)

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/129895_08Nov09_0815091232.jpg
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009 06:07:45 PM by alteredmommy - Reason: Please don't quote images! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

One of a kind upcycled greeting cards
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ReCardCreations
Send someone a smile, help the Earth
Tero

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2009 06:53:09 PM »

I cant wait to see pictures of everyones babies. Smiley Tygermane I love your Ari, he is rare and beautiful. Smiley

I added my babies on to my photo hosting page but had to share my new baby with all of you. She was found in a dumpster in the rain. She was about four weeks old when I got her and less than half a pound. She was so emaciated that you could feel every bone in her back. She was too weak to walk more than a few steps. The vet said he had never seen such a small weak, skinny cat still alive. She of course had a URI and intestinal issues as well. We loved her so much as soon as we saw her. Weeks of her being on one of the four of us and giving her medicine and staying up with her to hold and this was the day she finally made it to one whole pound !!!

Ladies I give you Ms. Anahata Smiley She is still so tiny  my husband says it is like trying to play with a soap bubble. She has ears that curl like a bats, her tail curls under in a circle and her back legs point out like Charlie Chaplin's. hee hee She has old man inch long eyebrows and well I just love her more than just about anything. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gamemom42

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2009 09:32:54 PM »

Oh my stars!  Anahata is just the most heart-melting babydoll ever.  You are so lucky to have been the one to find her (and she's lucky that such a great catmama found her).

When my Scruffy came to live with us, she wandered out of the woods and into our house.  She found the litter box, jumped in my hubby's favorite chair, and slept most of the next week.  She was raggedy and so skinny.  She is now sleek, gorgeous, and maybe just a bit chubby (weighs over 20 lbs.). 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

santacruzsugar
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2009 10:06:59 PM »

Since we are doing pictures....
This is my Gale. She's about 3, and I adopted her when she was about 4 months from a shelter. She's been a fabulous cat...she never scratches, never bites, never destroys stuff (well...she did take down a shelf once). However, she is VERY vocal. She sleeps at the foot of my bed every night, and greets me at the door when I come home.

She's very pretty, however, sometimes not the brightest. She likes to sleep on her face.

I wish I could have more, but she's terrified of other cats. My landlords cat always chases her if she's outside, which is why I only let her out if I'm home and can leave the door open for her to escape back into.

I'm enjoying seeing everyone's pics and hearing the kitties stories. I'm very excited to be a part of this swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

psychonmemphis
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2009 10:43:18 PM »

all of my kitties have stories as well
here is boo boo, my dad came home and found 6 kittens in the shed the next day the mom moved them and left her! I waited about an hour for the mom to return and she never did so i ran to the store and got her milk and a bottle, she is the smallest cat in size and attacked the bottle as a baby, she is full frown now but i still love this pic Smiley
 oh and i call her boo boo because she is mommys little mistake lol

this is weezy my neighbors found her under there house fighting a snake and brought her to us (nice to have neighbors like that lol) she was a kitten when we got her also

This is jynx, she was found by my sister in my ex's car, she got in the tire, she is cross eyed from birth.

this is my daughter gizzy, her owner told me if i did not ake her she was going to the pound the next day and i loved her so i could not let that happen, that night they locked her brothers and sisters in a pet carrier a
hnd in the morning the mom had trampled them and 2 died, i wish i could have helped them all Sad

this is olly my boyfriend talked me into him

i will post hte rest tomorrow i am tired Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

13 Days of Halloween: co-organizing
Coraline swap rd 4: organizing
 http://www.etsy.com/shop/psychonmemphis
I would really like to swap for a quilt for christmas, i will swap anything from supplies,crafts to my etsy shop items! please pm me asap!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 47 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bacon Brown Sugar Buttermilk Waffles
Cheddar Bacon Waffles
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Waffles
Toasted Turkey Sandwich
Super Bowl Sunday Bites: Buffalo Chicken Dip
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...