A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 304,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
650 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 46
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas Stocking Swap 5 *-*-GALLERY-*-*  (Read 38296 times)
Tags for this thread: christmas_stocking  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Retro_Rose

I shoot people for a living. ;o)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #300 on: December 01, 2009 08:54:12 PM »

Cute baby! She'll make great use of those nappys. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

princessblueberry
« Reply #301 on: December 01, 2009 10:56:58 PM »

First: She made 2 big ziplocks full of awesome fudge!! Obviously, they didn't make it to the photoshoot Smiley too yummy. 

She is so adorable in those baby legs!

I'll tell you a secret about the fudge...it was the easiest microwave recipe out there, yet the best I've ever tasted...

12 oz chocolate chips
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
(microwave on high 3 min, then stir until chocolate is fully melted ~mine needed an extra 30 seconds in microwave~ and add in)
1 tea vanilla
1 cup nuts or dried fruit (I used cranberries)
(pour into foil lined square pan or unlined silicone bake ware)
chill at least 2 hours then serve.

My son the 22 month old kept trying to steal all the fudge before the package was sent, he even bit through the plastic wrap trying to get at it.  No worries though, we kept that one  Wink  I had to tape your package up fast!

Awesome thing about the dog treats it is just your classic chocolate chip cookie recipe made with carob chips.  Only they used all organic ingredients I believe...I would make this for my dog before we had kids and just let them set out to dry on a shelf for a few days before packing them up.  Richard also wanted to eat these and kept crying for 'cookies'! 

The ballerina stocking was my first attempt and favorite but a strength test did not seem like it would hold much.  Saw you liked thrifted things in stalking you so I went to town...the gray and white stocking I spent 10 hours one 1 year for my sister beading and hand sewing it, it was a native moccasin pattern I found and she wanted to throw it out   Shocked  It has been in my gift box for a few years just never found the right person for it, I thought it matched your color scheme and the fake fur kinda went with the hunting/fishing that your hubby likes...and the blue stockings are wool.  I decided against felting the sweater first so you can stuff them fuller  Wink  Since the sweater was so large I wanted to make sure you could have a matching pair.  Left the 2nd one for you to decorate though, not sure if you would want it for hubby or kiddo...

If you don't get a picture of the car seat cover before my package arrives I can post a picture for you.  Should have one on my camera with pink panther posing in the car seat...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strangers are just family you have not met yet. . .
~Mitch Albom

wist...http://www.wists.com/princessblueberry
islandmum

Craftster is my Happy Place

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 01, 2009 11:47:38 PM »

Yipeeeee I have my package. Actually I've had it for a few days only it's taken me this long to work out how to reduce the image size of the pics to upload.

Edel really spolied me and I love EVERYTHING!!!!

Everything all together. A sock monkey which my 2yo has snaffled, belly dancing cymbols (Edel you must be psychic I do enjoy a bit of belly dance), stocking, earrings, bracelet, address book and christmas dec with my name on. There WAS chocolate too but it's now helping me with my belly for belly dancing Smiley

Georgous patchwork stocking. All of my favourite colours.

Earrings and bracelet. Have worn both 2 work and got lots of lovely comments.

Bambi Tshirt. Even Hubby said this one was cute.

Thanks so much Edel, and well done to everyone who swapped. Happy Christmas xxx
THIS ROCKS   Logged
The_ChiHa
« Reply #303 on: December 02, 2009 02:49:35 AM »

I'm glad you finally got your package Stellato!! I am super sorry that the mugs got broken!! I guess I should have added some bubble wrap or something!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bluwave06
Tutorial Contributor

Fifties Twist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #304 on: December 02, 2009 05:09:14 AM »

So here is what Amaylikespunk sent me: She made the yellow mario star for my gamer 8 year old nephew, the santa for my one year old nephew and my neice (10 years old) and I matching headbands, as she likes being like me. I have a thing for heeled stockings and she made me a nice one in my favorite color no less! I can already see a few things coming with me to school in January!.....instead of making a long list here are the pictures..........

apron:

One of those heating pads:

Thanks Amaylikespunk!!! I love everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #305 on: December 02, 2009 06:20:20 AM »

islandmum, so glad it got to you, and that the vest fits..it looks great on you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SevsOnlyGirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #306 on: December 02, 2009 08:01:57 AM »

I love the bambi shirt, Edel! 

I also love the baby leggings - who would have thought. Cheesy

We have the BEST gallery!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jexxican
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #307 on: December 02, 2009 09:21:18 AM »

First off, whoever made that sweater stocking, it was great. I think I am going to make some similar for my family for Christmas this year. This is our first year with stockings! Yay!

But I got my box from Titaniumhip yesterday! Oh JOY! Let me just say it is really hard to open a box while nursing. I had to wait impatiently for her to finish before I could open the gifts, of which there were many! Oh, man, I really didn't give as well as I received. I feel so bad. But check out my loot!

I would post the box because the tape she used was super cute with FROGS all over it but I don't wanna clear my desk and open PhotoShop so just know that the tape was super awesome, as a precursor for the rest of it!

All of it right out of the box:

Notice the duck sticky-outie? it has a zipper on the bottom and it pulls out to be a yellow bag. sweet!

The handmade goodies:

She made monkeys for my monkeys! I let my 3 yo help open and before he had even opened his all the way, as in all we could see was brown fabric, he was already screaming "Monkey!" Psychic 3 year old? Ah hell...
So I got 2 monkeys, a handknit scarf (I've never worn scarfs but I will now), a gnome that I'm pretty sure I wisted off of her shop, a monster ornament, a cat pin that is orange like my Eddie-puss she-cat, and a button with one of her monsters on it! Yay monsters!

The bought goodies, which is where she spoiled me! I thought we were only supposed to do a medium swap with only 5 bought items! She sent me like, a whole lot more than 5 things!

Safari brads, a pen, an unlined journal, a deck of Canada cards, some cocoa, some lip balm AND lip butter, gum advertising the Canada Olympics, a spool of ribbon, lavender candles (that I could smell before I opened the box, btw), socks, a leaf stamp, and penguin card case with her card inside, some Healing Garden lavender spray, a duck bag, some coffee chocolate (meh) and a grow your own abominable snow man! 17 bought items! Spoiled!

The stocking:

It is an embellished store bought stocking, but what's a cooler embellishment than a monster? NOTHING, that's what. And it's purple no less.

Action shots of the monkeys:

With rock buttons no less. What a boy monkey!

So I have learned a lot from this swap. Mainly, how to stuff a stocking (hers was the first one I have ever stuffed)! Thank you so much Meeka! I love it all! I'm sorry what you got didn't even come close to what you sent. Oh, anxiety!

OOH! I just found another pen with Santa on it in my living room. Did it come from my stocking? It may have, and seeing as I cannot think of any other place it came from I am going to say it did. Wanna give credit for that too, I guess. The boy must have stolen it before I unpacked the box. Wonder what else he got? I may need to be on the lookout.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009 09:41:57 AM by jexxican » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
pinokeeo

Best of 2013 winner, but this is just as good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #308 on: December 02, 2009 09:28:55 AM »

The monkeys are really cute and the stocking looks very soft.  Nice package.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GrindHouseHussy19
Guess Im at the right spot!! lol Here to craft an' chat!! woohoo!!!

Member of CAA- Crafting Addicts Anonymous

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #309 on: December 02, 2009 10:36:21 AM »

oooo did i see chex mix!!!!!!!!! yummy!!!!! i have to run across the border to get those!!!!

I heart the all the sock monkeys and stuffies!!!!!!!

-GH
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 46 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
HAI-SST Blow Dryer Review
The Difference Between Using Gel and Mousse
The Myth of Using Beer as Natural Hair Shine Product
How to Color Your Hair at Home: Ombré Hair With Box Color
How to Curl Your Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...