A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,048
Currently Running With Scissors:
551 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 24 Hour Elven Costume  (Read 1170 times)
Tags for this thread: costume , costume_idea , halloween_costume  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bold_as_love

"Adventure is out there." -Up

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2009 09:40:29 PM »

So, Halloween is my most favorite holiday ever. And this year was my first at college (even though I was home for the weekend) which meant it was my first halloween without a readily available sewing mechine and without my best friends at home to dress up with. Though it depressed me, I managed to find some plans and my friend and I decided to dress as Lord of the Rings style elves (but not a specific character, we were going to go as Aragorn and Arwen, but there was no way I could whip up an Arwen dress in such a short time). So, I basically got home from college at 10pm and had less than one full day to pull together my outfit. Here's what came of it:

The Breakdown:
The cloak is light brown crushed velvet (under $10) (using a modified version of several of these patterns http://www.alleycatscratch.com/lotr/) and has a pointed hood like the ones in the movies. The dress is strapless, made of green jersey material (from my stash, $0), strapless but with elastic in the top to hold it up. the bottom is cut, gathered, and tied. All was freehanded. The belt was an awesome dollar store find ($1), the leggings ($6) and boots ($30) were store bought. The elf ears are actually Spock ears ($3), store bought. I had to settle for them after I checked for elven ears in four different costume stores. I also made the Leaf of Lorian that is at my neck from craft foam and pipe cleaners (from stash). Basically, excluding boots, which I bought for everyday wear, my costume was fairly cheap, under $25. I don't have a close up of the Leaf, but I used a tutorial found on the same website as the cloak pattern (great website for LOTR costumes!!) Questions, comments, and concerns welcome!!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009 09:41:16 PM by bold_as_love » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Adventure is out there."
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Perfect Homemade Nutella Recipe
An Easier Way to Ice a Cookie
How to Make Frozen Whipped Cream
How to Make Chocolate-Dipped Spoons
4 Easy Nutella Recipes You Need to Make
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Creamy Pasta with Peas
@Home This Weekend: Patriotic Planter
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...