A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,026
Currently Running With Scissors:
468 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 50
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Altered Puzzle Swap Round 2 Gallery  (Read 38401 times)
Tags for this thread: altered_puzzle  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

malmow
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2009 10:23:12 AM »

I'm not in this swap, but I've been following along, and I just have to say that that 3d globe is AWESOME. Can't wait to see what it looks like finished!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gala_apples
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2009 01:34:38 PM »

i kind of like the super-shiny puzzle! (but maybe that's just daycare worker gala talking)

i think i'm going to make my best friend's girlfriend an altered puzzle for christmas. she's head over heals about twilight, she's burnt out a few dvds already. unfortunately that means i have to read the books to know wtf i'm doing. i hate romance!

oh, and that's my question for today, anyway... we usually have a 20 dollar christmas limit, do you think an altered puzzle would be worth 20 bucks? i'm really bad at judging worth, that's why i hate garage sales.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not attached to your world, nothing heals, nothing grows... we used to love ourselves, we used to love one another.

life is no cabaret- we don't care what you say, we're inviting you anyway, you mf'ers, you'll sing someday!
Krafty_Karasu
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2009 03:20:03 PM »

i think i'm going to make my best friend's girlfriend an altered puzzle for christmas. she's head over heals about twilight, she's burnt out a few dvds already.

burnt them out???  oh god, that means it really is possible to do that.  I knew you could do that to a tape (bye-bye VHS copy of Hook, hello DVD version) but I didn't know you could do that to a disc.  Undecided  *frets*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
audio
Nobody could do that much dcoupage without calling on the powers of darkness.

Galactic Empress Audrey The Nerdy

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2009 03:24:15 PM »

i think i'm going to make my best friend's girlfriend an altered puzzle for christmas. she's head over heals about twilight, she's burnt out a few dvds already.

burnt them out???  oh god, that means it really is possible to do that.  I knew you could do that to a tape (bye-bye VHS copy of Hook, hello DVD version) but I didn't know you could do that to a disc.  Undecided  *frets*

yea you can. My fam bought a whole nother set of all the Harry Potter movies because the old ones got burtn out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Krafty_Karasu

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2009 03:27:39 PM »

yea you can. My fam bought a whole nother set of all the Harry Potter movies because the old ones got burtn out!

well, I don't watch them all that often, so maybe I won't have to worry about it so much... Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
audio
Nobody could do that much dcoupage without calling on the powers of darkness.

Galactic Empress Audrey The Nerdy

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2009 05:33:35 PM »

Here is the piece I made and the piece my BFF made for my lolcats puzzle!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Krafty_Karasu

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2009 08:36:27 PM »

yay!  they are so fun!  I love the little cheeseburger in the corner.  Smiley  your puzzle is going to one of those things that no matter how crappy your day was, you can look at all the pieces and smile if not lol.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smmarrt

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2009 08:43:08 PM »

I am so addicted to this puzzle-altering that I am making Christmas ornament pieces. I found blank puzzles today - the larger size, with 12 pieces and they are each about 2" x 2". So my sibs get vintage Xmas photos on theirs and my folks with get one of each of us now adult children. For my friends? Peace on earth? Who knows.
Santa always fills the bill.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Fabric Art Journal Pages Swap ROUND 3 - Done
Altered Puzzle Pieces - Done
Ninni Swap in late August
Fall Dotee Swap - Sign ups NOW!
beccabadger
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2009 02:47:18 AM »

I don't think it is possible to burn out dvds. It's much more likely they get so scratched they won't play anymore, or the plastic becomes degraded if they aren't looked after. It's just a laser that reads the disk though, it doesn't actually touch the disk, so I'm not completely convinced you can 'burn them out'.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FicklePegasus

Evil, but in a good way

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2009 06:01:30 AM »

i kind of like the super-shiny puzzle! (but maybe that's just daycare worker gala talking)

i think i'm going to make my best friend's girlfriend an altered puzzle for christmas. she's head over heals about twilight, she's burnt out a few dvds already. unfortunately that means i have to read the books to know wtf i'm doing. i hate romance!

oh, and that's my question for today, anyway... we usually have a 20 dollar christmas limit, do you think an altered puzzle would be worth 20 bucks? i'm really bad at judging worth, that's why i hate garage sales.

I liked the shininess too, didn't think about the fact it would be covered up lol

As for the puzzle being worth $20, i'd say yes!  She'll love too, I'm sure. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/FicklePegasus

My Baby Cuthulu Blanket was featured on http://geekcrafts.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 50 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Angelina Jolie Makes a Sexy Statement at Her First Post-Surgery Red Carpet
Pretty Savvy: Beachy Chic
Stars Sizzle in White Hot Fashion
‪How to Get Celebrity-Inspired Bikini Looks for Less‬
6 Things to Pack for a Weekend Trip
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...