A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 300,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
663 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: It's Just A Bunch of Hocus Pocus!!!  (Read 2330 times)
Tags for this thread: costume , costume_idea , halloween_costume , craft_challenge_44_entries  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bowiegirl1982
Salvaged Mutiny - Embroidered Art for the Handmade Generation!

A Crafter At Sea

View Profile WWW
« on: November 02, 2009 03:22:52 PM »

Here is my halloween costume for 2009!  I went as Winifred Sanders from the movie Hocus Pocus!  Two of my friends went as Sarah and Mary, I helped them out with their costumes too.

Here she is!! - I still haven't posted enough to add photos but here are links -

I made this while on a cruise ship (yeah, I work there ;-) ) so found the bits and pieces for it in a vintage store in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island.  I used a green polyester dress for the underdress, turning it around and using the back as the front.  I split it down the centre back and added a purple lycra section with gold ribbon bodice detailing, also made from metallic lycra.  For the jacket I used a green velvet jacket, also turned around.  The sleeves were fun on that!  I added a section of black velvet overlaid with black lace.  I then draped the sleeves with just the lace and appliqud points into it with satin.  I took the collar off of the dress, made it shorter so it started and ended at the shoulder seams and added card inside to make it stand up.  The jacket is fastened with a tiny hook and swing catch, the over the top I made a stitched frog from gold lycra and foam.  This fastens with a snap.  I also made bootie covers out of black lycra to go over my shoes and decorated the with 3D fabric paint and gold glitter, taking the design from the movie.  They fasten in the back with Velcro, sit over the toe of the shoe and are made snug with elastic.  I added non-slip pads at the front so I didnt slide on the fabric there.  I also made the earrings for this costume out of scull and crossbones pendants and added green rhinestones to the clips to match the costume.  For an on the fly costume Im pretty proud of it and I think I captured the essence of the character quite well! ;-)

Here's a close-up showing the earrings and front

Sorry - no making of photos, like I said it was kinda made on the fly so I didn't get any!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011 01:03:34 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed links to images » THIS ROCKS   Logged

JessicanMae
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009 08:24:26 PM »

I love this! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dazeychick
"I got my toes in the water, a** in the sand..." -Zac Brown Band

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009 06:39:26 AM »

awesome job!! I watch that movie every Halloween! (and a lot of other times just because I like it!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Leave something good in everyday" -Dolly Parton

http://pinterest.com/c_green
http://candragreen.blogspot.com/
Ahoy Sailor!
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009 10:51:26 PM »

i saw the title and was hoping it was a movie reference.....love the movie and you made the costume awesome. i def. would have known who you were walking down the street.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bowiegirl1982
Salvaged Mutiny - Embroidered Art for the Handmade Generation!

A Crafter At Sea

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009 03:38:16 PM »

Thanks everyone!

I'm glad you knew who I was... I work on a cruise ship and the international community there didn't get it!!  I had a good time making it though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ntrebleagain

I see no good reason to act my age.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010 10:38:48 PM »

I was lurking around to see if there had ever been a Hocus Pocus swap and found your post. Too cute! Wish I could talk my friends into being my "sisters," lol!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KimmyLynne82
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I enjoy being a dame.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010 10:01:32 AM »

"Amok! Amok, amok, amok, amok, amok!"

I love this - so awesome!!

Ooh, a Hocus Pocus themed swap...I'd be all over that like...well...I'd be all over it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*~Kim~*
wists~ Swap Ideas on Pinterest~Blog~Twitter: @ThePeachMartini

I <3 Personal Swaps!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set ISO Function
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set Format Function
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set Flash Function
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set Exposure Compensation Function
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set Delete Function
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Super Easy Peppermint Bark
Handmade Gift Ideas: Grey & Plum Button Wreath
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...