A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,166
Currently Running With Scissors:
588 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I choose you, Pikachu!  (Read 2136 times)
Tags for this thread: costume , costume_idea , halloween_costume , craft_challenge_44_entries  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

enchantedwhimsies
« on: November 02, 2009 02:06:16 PM »

My 6 year old daughter wanted to be Pikachu this year (and last year but we did Pippi Longstocking last year instead) So, since she was still hanging onto it this year I decided she was serious and I had better get to work!!

She wanted a full-on fluffy pajama style Pikachu suit so it was me and a few yards of fleece doing battle lol I Made her a Pokeball treat bag that worked out sooooo well! My son's plastic treat bags kept breaking but this fleece Pokeball stood up to a long day of trick-or-treating and held a ton!! It closed with a velcro because she requested it but it didn't really need a closure. Also, she wanted her cheeks red so I made her a plain hat with polyfil stuffed ears sewn on, it was soo cute and she can wear it again Smiley

The costume was worn to school all day and the next day (saturday) for Halloween. THe tail is foam covered in fleece so she sat on it in class and even on the school bus!! I think the tail really made the costume! Do you like it?

My son went as Jack Sparrow, I only made his boot covers. I got the other pieces here and there online (ebay etc) I loved it though, I thought he looked great and I was able to get good deals on better quality costume pieces online.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2009 02:59:15 PM by enchantedwhimsies » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Catielove
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009 05:05:19 PM »

SO CUTE! You did such a good job... I want to go as Pikachu. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal Swap Friendly!
jenn_hamelin
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009 06:40:40 PM »

my nephew would be jealous! great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jasboh
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009 11:16:51 PM »

i love it! if only i had the time and skill (and money(16 on a strict allowance Undecided.)) to do that. next year, though, i am definantly going as pikachu. SmileySmileySmiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rjannelle
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010 09:54:00 AM »

Soooo cute! Cheesy I wish I had someone to make me a Pikachu costume back in the day when Pokemon was still fresh! It looks super comfy too! I love it, well done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Circular Crochet
How to Make a Simple Skirt
How to Embellish Skirts
How to Sew an Invisible Zip
How to Make a Tutu Dress
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...