A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 298,245
Currently Running With Scissors:
764 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Final Fantasy 7 -- Cloud and Aerith costumes! --IMAGE HEAVY  (Read 9109 times)
Tags for this thread: costume , costume_idea , halloween_costume , craft_challenge_44_entries , video_game , final_fantasy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lilninjabear
« on: November 02, 2009 12:43:36 PM »

So about 2 weeks before halloween I decided I officially hate the Spirit halloween stores. I needed to come with something fun and cool and wasn't just an excuse to wear lingerie.

My friend and I decided we would try making our own since I just started learning to sew. Insert, Cloud and Aerith! Our favorite video characters =) Here are the game pictures we used for reference:

Aertih: http://www.ffcompendium.com/art/7-aeris-a.jpg
Cloud: http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-07/art/dff-cloud-strife.jpg

I tried a so many patterns for her dress but nothing was what I wanted, so I just made up my own and am pretty happy with it.

For the Jacket, I found a red wool jacket at the thrift store and just cut the sleeves and cropped it for the right fit.

I made the bracelets out of pvc fittings from ace hardware, sprayed painted silver, grey and black for detailing. The arm braces were made from craft foam painted the same way and attached with velcro.

Found this awesome braid at a Sally's salon, just happened to be the same as my natural hair color! SCORE!

Cloud's costume took a lot more work!

We found a sweater that was the right color and style, then cut the sleeves and took in the sides to fit tight.Found some fabric that was heavy weighted enough and made the pants from him. I used a pajama pattern and just edited for the leg shape. Then pleated up the sides to give the wrinkles.

Made the belt and harness out of brown leather vinyl.

His shoulder and arm piece are made from pvc plumbing fittings and craft foam. Painted with silver, grey and black for detailing.

Made the sword from cardboard and tape, the gem(materia) are Styrofoam balls cut in half and painted. Spray painted the sword.

Well there ya go =) If anyone has any questions on how I did a specific thing, feel free to ask! I didn't take any in progress shots unfortunately =( This is my first costume making experience and I am totally hooked!!!

Hope everyone likes!

For more pics, check out my flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kristastic/sets/72157622595216011/
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009 03:09:29 PM by lilninjabear - Reason: fixed broken pictures! » THIS ROCKS   Logged
burnt muffin
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009 01:01:04 PM »

great costumes!!  I also love the pics ^^
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Glitter Girl
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009 01:15:41 PM »

Great job! Love the creativity!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I only look sweet and innocent
sparrowarms
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009 01:26:54 PM »

Wow, they're amazing! Well done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://sparrowarms.blogspot.com
http://www.wists.com/sparrowarms

Anyone interested in a fabric stash swap? PM me if you are!
MissJessica
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009 04:57:48 PM »

I don't know these characters but your costumes are both fantastic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zenthistle
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009 07:38:14 PM »

i love it you really bring the characters to life.. the hair is cool also.. love the sword and all the details..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ahoy Sailor!
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009 10:37:47 PM »

love it!! i love all the extra pieces you added for the specific detail keeping it very close to the game origins. they are spot on....love the buster sword too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thebeatcowboy

what doesn't kill us makes us stranger...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009 12:31:33 PM »

Love love love these costumes!  Grin  So well made and the photos are awesome.  And the braid is PERFECT, 100% awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pookiemccool
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

"Even when we're apart I can feel you next to me. There's a hidden love connecting us like voices on a string. Even when I'm alone I can tell you're with me. There's a hidden love connecting us and I'm holding on..."

I <3 swaps!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2009 09:57:02 PM »

aww the pics are broken, I will check back, I look forward to seeing them, I love FF!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lilninjabear
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2009 03:10:10 PM »

aww the pics are broken, I will check back, I look forward to seeing them, I love FF!

should be fixed now! not sure what happened =/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Buy a Calligraphy Pen
How to Master the Art of Calligraphy
How to Create a Wing Drawing
How to Draw a Teddy Bear
How to Select Calligraphy Fonts
Latest Blog Articles
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...