A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 298,777
Currently Running With Scissors:
446 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Amy Rose Hedgehog Sonic's girl  (Read 14654 times)
Tags for this thread: costume , costume_idea , halloween_costume , hedgehog , sonic_the_hedgehog , craft_challenge_44_entries  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

zenthistle
« on: November 02, 2009 12:12:52 PM »

My daughter wanted to be amyrose.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:AmyUnleashed.png  (here is the wiki link)
they don't make amy rose costumes and soo I had to come up with something.. I cut up an old red velvety 1970 robe I've had for about 10 yrs I got from a resale shop.
 and made a circle skirt and made slip over the head type top. I sewed those together (I'm not very good at sewing) but I tried...Smiley then to make the skirt stick out int the jetson type way...  I cut up a foam car visor (the kind that has silver to reflect out the sun from your car) it was stiff enough and soft enough.. I cut triangles and then when I was running out of the size I needed I just stared overlapping the extra pieces and using duct tape.... Then.. I had to create and inner slip and found an old red dress That I called my sorceress dress that I decided to cut and tie and cover up the foam.  I duct tape 2 hangers to the edge for the foam inner skirt to give even more stiff. then I covered that with the inner slip.. over lapped the velvet dress .. sealed it with white duct tape.. as the amy rose's dress has a white stripe around the edge anyhow and (I already had white ducttape)  no way I was gonna sew that edge!
That head piece was a pink cat hat I had bought from Michael's a year ago..thinking pink panther.. well it went unused Until now!  I cut the back piece of.. and removed the eyes and nose.. I use the back pink to create hedge hog spikes.. glued on with hot glue. then I had left over red velvet from the dress to create headband.. used elastic that was left over from a pair of pants. I painted some her fake summer crocs to look like Amy's created white fake socks from an old sheet. and then made a tail out of stiff felt. The best part was I didn't buy anything for her costume.. I was able to salvage and scrounge and work with stuff we already had.

As you can see she has a ninja bro and he's got her back.. but hey.. his is a store bought costume.. so don't let his awesomeness get judged.. we are sticking to the Amy Rose!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009 12:22:35 PM by zenthistle - Reason: spell check » THIS ROCKS   Logged
kjlutz
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I am woman watch me grow!

Wherever you've been, He's been there

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009 02:37:25 PM »

Great job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes you get to change the world, and other times the world changes you.

Currently drowning in the sea called PhD.

Interested in swapping for I-Spy Quilt Squares and Scraps.
Dragonmaid
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009 08:13:40 AM »

That is so adorable. I love how her hair is colored pink to, it really adds to it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When life gives you lemons...throw them at people!"
"When life gives you lemons, hey, free lemons!"
"When life gives you lemon, make sour lemonade"
catwomanmtb
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011 02:00:01 PM »

Thank you SO much for the help! My daughter want to be Amy Rose, too! I'll post pictures when I'm done! THANK YOU!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...