A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,163
Currently Running With Scissors:
515 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: It's a Flintstone's and Rubble's Halloween  (Read 6977 times)
Tags for this thread: costume , costume_idea , halloween_costume , craft_challenge_44_entries  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tpjefferson
« on: November 02, 2009 11:24:14 AM »

So, we decided this year to make a group Halloween theme.  My friend, Christina, and I have toddler’s 6 weeks apart and thought, “What a perfect idea...they can be Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm!”  Then we figured, the kids can’t do it alone!  So, I designed, re-created and sewed seven costumes for the group.  We had Wilma, Fred, & Pebbles Flintstone; Barney, Betty & Bamm-Bamm Rubble & teenage-Bamm-Bamm.  We also decided that carrying the kids around all night trick-or-treating (they can walk, but we didn’t want to make them!) was not a good idea.  So, I searched the internet and saw pictures of a Flintstone car recreated on Instructables.  This gave me the idea for the car!  The Instructable didn’t have measurements, so we had to go from scratch, but it turned out great.

I was hoping to find a pattern at the fabric store for some of the costumes, but to no avail, I didn’t find one.  So, I made all the costumes from scratch with my own patterns.

Fred Flintstone:  I used a large t-shirt as a pattern and twill fabric.  The tie is cut from Betty’s fabric (cotton interlock) and the black triangles are cut and ironed on with Pellon.

Wilma Flintstone:  I used a snug-fitting tank top of hers for a pattern and used cotton interlock fabric.  I sewed a few seams and luckily, it fit perfectly!!  The necklace is made of different sized white Styrofoam balls on elastic string.

Pebbles Flintstone:  I used a small shirt as a pattern and regular cotton fabric.  The black triangles are cut and ironed on with Pellon.

Barney Rubble:  I used a large t-shirt as a pattern and twill fabric, like Fred’s.  The yellow “X” is made from ribbon.

Betty Rubble:  I used cotton interlock fabric and a tank top for a pattern. I hemmed the back straight across and put elastic to hold it up.  I cut in a semi-circle from the bottom of the armpits in the front to the neckline to make the halter-top.  I sewed ribbons to the point to tie around my neck. I made a rectangle of fabric and squeezed together the middle to make the bow.  Then I wrapped a piece of ribbon around it and hot glued it to a barrette.

Bamm-Bamm & Teenage Bamm-Bamm:  I used fleece for the skirt/shorts and a flannel strip for the strap and hot glued on a rawhide dog bone.  I used a baby skirt to design the pattern for baby Bamm-Bamm’s. Then I used a pair of gym shorts to design the pattern for Teenage Bamm-Bamm.

Enjoy the pics…we sure had a blast and got stopped several times trick-or-treating for other people to take our pictures…we were a hit!!

The whole crew:

Betty & Wilma and their babies:

Pebbles & Bamm-Bamm in the car:
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009 02:28:11 PM by tpjefferson » THIS ROCKS   Logged
hotfudge
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009 11:27:38 AM »

Quite impressive.  I'm lovin' the car!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
how_german
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009 05:02:29 PM »

Shocked This is so awesome! I'm really impressed with all the costumes and the car especially! You just need a big slab of brontosaurus ribs to hang off the side. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SonjaBoo
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Bring it on

Napper extraordinaire

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009 06:04:47 PM »

This is so incredible!  You guys all look great -- and the car is just awesome! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tpjefferson
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009 08:20:37 PM »

Thank you all...please vote for us!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pookiemccool
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

"Even when we're apart I can feel you next to me. There's a hidden love connecting us like voices on a string. Even when I'm alone I can tell you're with me. There's a hidden love connecting us and I'm holding on..."

I <3 swaps!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009 10:17:41 PM »

wow, great job!! I love that you were able to do all of the characters. The costumes look great and I love the car!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Cork Picture Frame
How to Create a Cake Stand
Ed Donovan Talks About Glass Blowing
Todd Hansen Talks About Glass Blowing
How to Make a Sexy Schoolgirl Halloween Costume
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...