A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 305,881
Currently Running With Scissors:
294 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Clutches of clutches: silk, houndstooth and salvaged curtains!!! :D  (Read 2158 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lustinthemovies
« on: November 02, 2009 11:18:23 AM »

I'm still on the 'there arent enough outrageous clutch bags in the world' train of thought so I've whipped up three more. God knows what im going to do with them all! :p

This one is very similar to one I made a while back for a friend's birthday. Its chinese silk (absolutely horrendous to work with if you dont get the interfacing attached properly - it frays everywhere!) with a black lining and magnetic clasp. Ive also added D rings on either side because there are removable shoulder/wrist straps not shown in the picture.

This one I absolutely love, the asymetric pattern i think works really well and the fabric is just outrageous. It used to be a pair of gaudy curtains in a friends house which were just going to get thrown away. Whilst I agree that its perhaps a bit TOO outrageous for curtains, the fabric was too fabulous to go to waste. In fact I dont think this photo really does justice to it - its actually quite a dark almost blacky colour in the background, with gorgeous sparkly green embroidery all over it. The lining/clasp/D ring info is as above Smiley

I'm thinking about maybe adding some bronze buttons near the point - what do people think?

Finally (another) houndstooth one. I thought to combat the hedonistic fit i had over the green bag, i would make something a bit more cutesy that i could use during the day. The strap on this one is attached, because its a little bit smaller than the others i didnt think i would ever really want to use a shoulder strap with it.

Anyway as always, absolutely ALL comments/ criticism/ unwarranted compliments welcome and positively encouraged Smiley Smiley Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/Lustinthemovies

http://lustinthemovies1989.blogspot.com/

Will exchange pixie skirt/ record bag/ handmade earrings/ other sewn paraphanalia/ true love/ my soul for knitty's 'cleaves' Smiley
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Make all the Things!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009 11:55:33 AM »

There is no such thing as too many handbags... Grin

You are right--the green one is fabulous!  But I also like the details on the houndstooth one!!!

Have your tried to use fray check on the brocade type fabrics? I use it on the cutting lines, let it dry, then cut...a bit stiff but it works for me!

Nice posting--keep on creating your lovely bags!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kaseyana
The Fashionable Blogging Vegetarian

Life is too short to wear boring clothes.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009 12:18:06 PM »

I really like the last one. but I think that bows add a nice touch to anything Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lustinthemovies
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009 03:12:39 AM »

Have your tried to use fray check on the brocade type fabrics? I use it on the cutting lines, let it dry, then cut...a bit stiff but it works for me!

I have no idea what fray check is, where could i acquire some?Wink Is it one of these awesome useful crafty things that i cant get the UK?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will exchange pixie skirt/ record bag/ handmade earrings/ other sewn paraphanalia/ true love/ my soul for knitty's 'cleaves' Smiley
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all the Things!

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009 07:22:47 AM »

dang--I need to open a craft store in the UK!  So many of my swap partners complain of not being able to get good stuff!!

It is like a clear watered down fabric glue--dries clear and prevent fraying--it can be washed and never comes out so the fraying it stops is permanent!

dang
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pippabat
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009 01:15:36 PM »

I have no idea what fray check is, where could i acquire some?Wink Is it one of these awesome useful crafty things that i cant get the UK?

I had a quick look on the web and found this UK site with fray check:  http://www.pelennapatchworks.co.uk/fray-check-46-p.asp
They probably have it in shops like Hobbycraft as well.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lustinthemovies
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2009 01:27:53 AM »

ooh awesome, thanks guys Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all the Things!

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009 06:01:03 AM »

soooo...does that mean we will soon be seeing some more awesome brocade silk bags?  Wink Cheesy

You just gave me exactly what I am going to make my niece for Christmas!  I think she would love a brocade clutch!  Thanks again for posting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lex87

I hate fake people!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009 04:28:38 PM »

Absolutely gorgeous !!!!

I agree, the green on is my favorite!
Great job!!

Cheers
Lexy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

primp
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2009 09:45:46 PM »

that one with the dragon design is awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
3 Cool Watermelon Recipes for Labor Day
AOL Experts - Summer Wine Pairing
30-Minute Real Deal Chili Recipe
Constructed Squash Blossom Tacos
Apple Pancakes Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Summer Hat
Hedgies!
Meatless Monday: Bean Burgers

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...